Mental Health Forums

What Are You Listening To?

ILostHer

I hope this hasn't been done already, sorry if it has...but I was just wondering what you do when you are on the net?

I am listening to Regina Spektor - 'Genius next door' I play songs on repeat over and over again when I am on my own because I hate silence.

Do you listen to uplifting music or slightly sad? Mine's always sad.

Or do you prefer silence or the tv? I only ever put the tv on when deal or no deal starts because I fancy Noel ha ha.

I love finding new songs to listen to so it'll be good to hear about yours :)

Listening to some Beethoven, moonlight sonata

btw I love 'Genius Next Door'.. that is a really nice album it's on too. =)

I'm listening to my ipod shuffle! got it sorted after much whinging and have bought matching earphones, it sounds amazing xxxxx

:) Regina Spektor is awesome. Loves her, i do. One day, she's going to come a'knocking on my door and declare her undying love for me. Honest. ^_^

At the moment, am listening to a random mix of tracks by Maria Mena, Fiona Apple, and Regina Spektor, but earlier was going crazy with my 3-yr old to Meshuggah, so, yeah. lil bit of everything is fiiiine by mee :)

xx

The television is on all day & night here, i can't stand to sit in silence. When i'm playing music it's either Alice In Chains, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam or Nirvana.

For me the time of day usually dictates what sort of music I listen to or tv I half-watch. But for the past 2 days Im breaking that habit, and watching TV more closely without it being too weird for me.

Music I'm listening to at this moment is Kylie, all the lovers, 30 seconds to Mars, kings and queens, foo fighters, various greatest hits, biffy clyro, mountains and many of horror, hole, celebrity skin, Nirvana, sappy, phantom planet, california.

TV I watch is Big Brother UK, various other shows.

Reading - the extended phenotype, richard dawkins, some old biology degree books, elle magazine.

Corpsewithpulse *waves* I have a dog named after the Kinks, She's called Lola!

I'm listening to James Taylor 'Enough to be on your way'

"So the sun shines on this funeral just the same as on a birth

The way it shines on everything that happens here on Earth

It rolls across the western sky and back into the sea

And spends the day's last rays upon this fucked up family!"

Another truly beautiful, moving song by a truly remarkable man!

:wub: The Cure :wub:

I believe we may like very similar music

Tonight, listening to Moby - Aerial (still working through my deceased father's music)

The Wizard of Oz

"I could wile away the hours

Conferrin' with the flowers

Consultin' with the rain

And my head I'd be scratchin'

While my thoughts were busy hatchin'

If I only had a brain" - Know the feeling!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Tom McRae... love Regina too!

I have no telly, but I love listening to LastFM whenever I can get a decent internet connection :)

Archived