Mental Health Forums

Name Something You Have Accomplished This Week?

LadyMacbeth

thanks susan, its just a simple exam , you all will know it.. its ecdl ...its just to see how i will cope doing it and be in a learning enviroment and be with people.im shocked that i even past this week, with my head being the way it is lately..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* i had my hair cut for the first time in a YEAR! :o oops!

* i went back to work, AND i was smiley and happy and just pretended i knew what i was doing, even if i didnt! :lol:

* i made a big step towards sorting out my finances by getting a loan with a really good rate to pay off my cards and have a bit left over for savings :) proud of myself as i am shit with money!

* i have also spent the weekend looking after my niece, which was hard work but well worth seeing her smiley face :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone

* I got top of my class for English, 12th Grade. It was an essay on mental illness but I was still prould.

* I'm going to a gym 2 times a week

Hugs

Em

I've been practicing the act of self-parenting........and have allowed myself to relieve some of the immense pressure sitting on my shoulders. Decided to suspend doing some course work until the holidays - 5 weeks time. Not very long i know but time enough praps to find my bearings again and for my mood to lift sufficiently to be able to cope with life.

It's called being nice to Liz........i struggle with that big time.

Liz

*Went on a spiritally uplifting and amzing hike today

*Called my old T to tell her my fantastic story of my hike!

*Kept at my exercise routine

*Read 20+ pages in "Beyond Fear" which I am finally getting into!

*Save my $$$ instead of spending it just to be spending it

*Put in some effort w/ my new T (althought it's still slow going)

*Didn't get depressed!

*Am drinking lemmon water instead of soda or sugary drinks--it's mmm!

Did not allow the loss of a job and a apartment to get to me instead I just went on applying for other jobs without wallowing in self-rejection.

great sport emma!

chin up girl! u know you can do it..

speak more if anything happens...

take care xxx

• 2 weeks later...

-I took the time for me just to sit and "be" without beating myself up for the other things I "should" be do ing.

-Invited the neighbor over for a thank you dinner and enjoyed his company

-had BOTH my parents to shelter over during the near-miss hurricane without freaking out.

-took time away from Dad when I needed to without feeling guilty.

-didn't jump to do for others when I normally do

-switched doctors when normally I'd tolerate bad service

I forced myself to see my T in Manhattan. I usually see her in another town but I was always afraid of having a panic attack in her Manhattan office cause I anm afraid of elevators and being up in high buildings. My heart started beating and I started to shake a little in the elevator but I stuck it out and I actually liked that office it felt like one of those therapist offices in the movies with the large leather couches. :lol:

Archived