Mental Health Forums

Does Anyone Have This Obsession?

GirlInterrupted

I have been diagnosed with OCD for 16 yrs plus, but had it since i was a kid. But i have always wondered if anyone else does this. I feel a little grossed out by admitting i do this but i have to ask because i am so curious to know if others may do it.

When i use the toilet and have a bowel movement i not only clean the outside of my anus but i actually clean inside aswell :( i have to wet the toilet paper and clean inside with it. I am on the toilet cleaning from 20 minutes to 1 hour. I can not get off the toilet until there is nothing left on the paper after cleaning inside. I also suffer with IBS caused through anxiety. I'm dosed up on Loperamide because i'm in fear of going to the toilet more than one or two times a day. So i have to take the loperamide to make myself constipated but i take so many now that they don't fully constipate me, i still go 1 or 2 times a day. It's a nightmare, i just wondered if other people had the problem with cleaning inside after a bowel movement, thank you.

There will always be other people who do any and every odd behaviour we think is "just us" but this I've not done, although I did used to use talc there after every toilet visit, and I also used to clean and spray my feet before putting on shoes.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard of other people doing this and have hurt themselves because of it due to cutting their insides. You aren't alone in this either.

(((hugs)))

I have been diagnosed with OCD for 16 yrs plus, but had it since i was a kid. But i have always wondered if anyone else does this. I feel a little grossed out by admitting i do this but i have to ask because i am so curious to know if others may do it.

When i use the toilet and have a bowel movement i not only clean the outside of my anus but i actually clean inside aswell :( i have to wet the toilet paper and clean inside with it. I am on the toilet cleaning from 20 minutes to 1 hour. I can not get off the toilet until there is nothing left on the paper after cleaning inside. I also suffer with IBS caused through anxiety. I'm dosed up on Loperamide because i'm in fear of going to the toilet more than one or two times a day. So i have to take the loperamide to make myself constipated but i take so many now that they don't fully constipate me, i still go 1 or 2 times a day. It's a nightmare, i just wondered if other people had the problem with cleaning inside after a bowel movement, thank you.

Yes I do hun u not alone!

xxx

It's OCD as well to do this. I myself have to wash my hands frequently until they're raw. And don't think you're weird for cleaning yourself. I have IBS too and I feel for you as I can't even go out and have fun because I got to go even if I went before I left.

I clean a little way inside but don't spend more than a few seconds. You could gradually pull out by always telling yourself it is natural that there is shit inside your bowel, a certain way in. Nature has ways of not letting it get germy.

You need dietary advice, keep up the green leafy veg and protien with every meal or snack - cheese & nuts.

Archived