Mental Health Forums

Obssesed With My Fingernails

melinda

hi...lately i´ve been obssesed with my fingernais...i paint them with one color...then i think it´s not good...so i try again until its perfect...one week later i paint it with another color completely diferent...

i´m not OCD, but this it´s bothering me....rigth now my nail are pink...but it´s not pretty...there are some imperfections...and i want so much to go home and correct them.... :blink:

anyone does something similar?

;)

i have a bit of ocd but not the same as you. I count my fingers to words people are saying and at the end of the sentence it has to land on either of my little fingers. Maybe you're trying to take the focus off what you're feeling inside

i have to have the volume of the tv ending either with a 5 or a 0. and whenever my parents cook fish, (i have a phoibia of it) i cannot breathe the air as i think it is contaminated, so i end up with a scarf around my face. -.-

I think I have had a preoccupation with my fingernails for a long time (12ish). I use to paint them a new color every night for the next day. I still fuss over them. I use to have them done when I went to in have a pedicure every 2 weeks and the owner of the salon told me I have really pretty nails, but I just don't take good care. Well, you can imagine what that did to my brain (mini implosion). I was doing a lot gardening back then, but still hurt to hear it.

I try not to fuss as much but I feel better when they are painted and properly manicured. I think it is because I it is the only thing I really see of me, unless I look in a mirror, so it really really matters. Glossy red at the moment.

Sah

p.s. I know what you mean about the wrong color with your outfit or mood or skin tone even. I usually pick my colors to work really well with my skin, these days.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived