Mental Health Forums

Crisis Plan Forum

Joshua

I have created a new forum which I feel may be of great use. The description of this forum is as follows -

This forum has been set up for those members who would like to share with the forum community, and store for their own benefit, a crisis plan. This plan should be thought up at a time when your relatively stable and have In mind what you find helpful and not so helpful at times where things are tough.

The idea is – When you’re feeling low and at crisis you and your friends on the forum can refer to your crisis plan in this forum and see what helps you when you’re down, as this isn’t always easy to think of when life gets hard.

You cannot post replies in this forum, its solely for members crisis plans. Also your plan will not show up right away as it must be approved by a moderator. The team will help where we can to ensure the crisis plan is clearly set out and to ensure we maximise its benefit to you and your forum friends should a time of crisis arise.

great idea josh :)

but would YOU be able to edit YOUR OWN crisis plan - like a WIP rather than an absolute... when you learn yourself new tips and stuff...

i think that would be helpful

just an idea?

• Like 2

That sounds like a great idea Josh! Could there be one of two examples of a crisis plan pinned in thie section so that people can have a sort of "template" as to what they may like to include? I know it sounds silly but when I was first "indoctrinated" into the world of mental health I didn't even know what a crisis plan was, let alone what I might include in it. xxx

• Like 2

agree with roses right now i have no idea what a crisis plan is or what it would look like. might be comforting to have a design template to help set it out in a useful format

Yes but you would need to submit this in a ticket for a mod to update as the forum has strict permissions set.

understood :) thanks josh...

Not on top form today, but a few things i can think of that it should include;

Things/people/places that have helped in the past EG; speaking to a specific friend, watching a comedy

Things/people/places that have not been helpful...avoid EG certain people, music.

Is there a specific problem known if so can I problem solve it?

Am I looking after my physical needs? EG; eating, sleeping, avoiding narcotics, taking meds

Have I informed the appropriate agencenys of what is happening? EG; CPN, crisis team, PDOC

Should I need to go into hospital is everything prepared? EG; someone to look after pets, travel bag ready

Things to remember EG; I have been in a simular situation before and got through, I can cope.

Do I pose a risk to myself or others? if yes I need to tell people of this.

Be mindful of emotions and when expressing these to others, try to be clear of what i am feeling.

When asking for help state clearly (if you know) what help you would like EG; just to talk, home visit, assessment, med review.

xxx

Great idea Josh. Will the forum be in an order where is it easy to find this crisis plan and could it be attached some how to people's profiles for easy access or something just so its easier to find the person you are looking for. Don't worry if it can't just thought it might be useful to look at doing.

already done mine, poo didnt read this first

Well i think thats a very good crisis plan! im impressed...maybe just add in the "simple" things that help... watching a favorite movie, petting a favorite pet.. things like that, that would maybe get tyou through the night until you can do the other things like contact CPN etc.

xxx