Mental Health Forums

Give This A Shot =)

Alaska_Grown

I love to write in my journal... whether it be for positive things, or negative things... Even at the end of a really terrible day I try to write this down to give me a bit of a smile before I go to sleep. Some days it may be harder than others, but I say, never put it down until ya've tried it. ^_^ What I do is, I write down 5 positive things that occurred throughout the day. No matter how big, no matter how small, I write it down... Although today I have officially been sick for a week, my head is throbbing, I'm not in that great of a mood buuuttt..... Here is mine for today! (Always end with the positives!) =D

1) I made some yummy fluffy biscuits this morning (I love to cook.)

2) It FINALLY rained here for the first time in almost five months (I currently live in North Carolina, US.)

3) My boyfriend and I looked at some engagement rings for the first time...

4) I just got a kiss =) (I needed a #4 so I asked for a kiss lol)

5) I got some new camo for the hunting season...

So those are mine for today and I feel a little bit better about my day. :) If you have more, post more! But try to think of at least five! What are your's for the day today??? I'd love to hear some of them!

~Alaska~

1. Spoke honestly to my cpn

2. My daughter had her tea at home

3. Made up with my hubby by phone

4. Went to the day centre and joined in

5. My son got a job.... yay

That's great scallywag ^_^ What type of job did your son get? (my son is 6 1/2 years old... got anything for him to do? hehe)

My son decided he wanted to go into nursing so has managed to get to get a job in a care home so he is rather pleased. He is soon to be 18 and even doesnt mind the fact he will be working on the night of his 18th

That is wonderful that he knows what he wants to do with his career and that he's seeking it out. =) Sounds like you raised a great boy. Good for you both!

got out of bed and got dressed (which is quite a big achievement for me atm lol)

did 2 loads of washing

cleaned the courtesy car

didnt totally lose it with the rude customer service bloke!!! rolleyes.gif

bought some pressies online

Scallywag - That is wonderful. =)

Wow Purpley! That's so much more than I got done today! haha. I SOOO would have lost it with that broker! Good for you! :D

Wow Purpley! That's so much more than I got done today! haha. I SOOO would have lost it with that broker! Good for you! :D

lol its very unlike me, but i literally had no clothes left, so had to do it lol

and had to clean the courtesy car as it was going back today :(

and bought the pressies cos i was bored!!!! lol

OK then, I'll give it a shot

1) Turned up to both of my lessons on time

2) Managed to consume more than 1500 calories

3) No gambling or illegal drugs

4) Made a friend at college

5) Wrote a list for this thread :D

OK then, I'll give it a shot

1) Turned up to both of my lessons on time

2) Managed to consume more than 1500 calories

3) No gambling or illegal drugs

4) Made a friend at college

5) Wrote a list for this thread :D

And I'm glad you did write on this thread. :) Thank you so much for sharing! What are you going to college for, if I may ask?

:)

I'm doing an Access course (a course you do as an adult in order to gain entry for university). I've had to do it part time because I had a mental boo-boo last year so last year I did English Literature (been speaking the language since I was 9 months so stick with what one knows) and this year I'm doing History (suppose it's important to help understand why the world is as it is) and Psychology (suppose it's important to help understand why my mind is as it is).

I will try and give this a shot too :wacko:

1)Went into town and hubby bought me a new mobile phone

2)Took my dog the vet

3)went jogging

4)Done some housework

sorry can't think of a 5th.

:)

I'm doing an Access course (a course you do as an adult in order to gain entry for university). I've had to do it part time because I had a mental boo-boo last year so last year I did English Literature (been speaking the language since I was 9 months so stick with what one knows) and this year I'm doing History (suppose it's important to help understand why the world is as it is) and Psychology (suppose it's important to help understand why my mind is as it is).

That's amazing! Keep up the good work. :D

2)Took my dog the vet

3)went jogging

4)Done some housework

Yes you can, you made me smile by sharing your day with me! There's your number 5. :D Thank you!

2)Took my dog the vet

3)went jogging

4)Done some housework

Yes you can, you made me smile by sharing your day with me! There's your number 5. :D Thank you!

Thank you :) xxx

Yaysies :D Thank you hun and bravo on the thread and day :)

Thank you much also, hun. I hope to hear about another great day of your's in the future. :)

Thank you :) xxx

You're more than welcome. And thank YOU for makin' me smile. :) I hope to hear about another one of your great days soon!

hi alaska, this thread is a really good idea so i'l try and find five positives even tho i've made a few 'faux-pas' today too!

1- made it into work on time.

2-finally got started on selling my ebay stuff

3-finally made some calls at work i'd been putting off for ages

4-come up with some ideas at work which i think may work out well

5- so far today my diets been ok.think i've managed to eat less than 1500 cals. only just tho!

Hmmm, i'ma try this....

1 - I not only woke up, but got up (so, it was at 1pm, but still. i didn't want to get up at all today. would have been happy to snooze it all away)

2 - I got some laundry done and hoovered the stairs, and other general tidying up stuffs.

3a - I stayed (relatively) calm on the phone to the take-away place when i ordered tea for the family...

and...

3b - i realised that i really wasn't up for cooking and just accepted it as fact without beating myself up over it (hence the ordering take-away).

4 - Got the little lad in the bath and to bed at a decent time, with no tantrums... from either of us!! ;)

5 - have written a list of all the things i need to speak to my Care Co-Ordinator about when i ring her in the morning, cause i've put the issues off for waaaay too long.

Thankyou for this thread, it's really made me think.

xxxx

hi alaska and welcome!! seen some really positive things here that peeps have been doing and it's all so good. :masked:

i guess i too have 5.. let's see.. (not today but this weekend)

1. Had lovely bubba cuddles with friends little boy so cute

2. Built many bridges with said friend

3. Helped another friend to see the positive (she was having a bad 'hate self' day)

4. Helped make my friends 30th birthday party a really good night to remeber (for all the right reasons!!)

5. Have realised I have friends... (I know sounds daft but really I have doubted for so many years)

xxxx

Sounds like a very accomplished day Purpley! Good for you. :D ... What are pressies? lol.

thanx hun, and cant say what the pressies are cos they are for crippie and she might read this lol xx

Sounds like a very accomplished day Purpley! Good for you. :D ... What are pressies? lol.

thanx hun, and cant say what the pressies are cos they are for crippie and she might read this lol xx

*pretends not to be nosing to see what present you got me* .....

I is ninja. Honest! :ninja:

xxx

Archived