Mental Health Forums

How Can I Tell You?

Peregrine

HOW CAN I TELL YOU?

How can I tell you how much you mean to me?

How can I tell you - you are the safest skipper at sea?

How can I tell you I feel safe in your words?

How can I tell you I'd come to you when it hurts?

How can I tell you - you accept my damaged mind?

How can I tell you that this is what makes me blind?

How can I tell you that I dream of you and me?

How can I tell you that I will never be free?

How can I tell you that I long for your touch?

How can I tell you that this hurts me so much?

How can I tell you that I dream dreams about you?

How can I tell you it's you who pulls me through?

I can't say any of this, there won't be any of this.

If it was real I fear I'd go amiss.

And my dreams aren't real and never will be.

It just leaves me hurt - whichever way I see.

This is so lovely and sad. Did you write it?

It really is lovely and I imagine a lot of people would have someone they'd like to say that too xx

Thank you, Dani...this whole relationship thing drives me nuts. I should have been born a slimy slug, I'd lay a few eggs and drown in beer. I'd be hermaphrodite and my brain would go as far as carrying a few clumps of nerve cells. Being human does my head in :axehead:

agreed! being human is one big pain in the arse. ahhh if only to be a kitty or a bunny who gets to be cuddled or sleep all day......

i too can relate so much to what u say. theres so much safety in keeping our feelings to ourselves but then the thought of that unity with another is so damn alluring.

this line sums it all up perfectly for me.

If it was real I fear I'd go amiss.

theres so much meaning in that line. becoming disoriented and getting lost in love is a scary prospect.

if you ever fancy reading a book on why we get these strong uncontrollable urges for another i would highly recommend

'the invisible partners:how the male and female in each of us affects our relationships' by John A Sanford.

its based on jungian psychology and i got it quite cheaply second hand off amazon. i've still not finished it yet but honestly its been a constant series of lightbulb moments whenever i read it.

xxx

Wow, thank you. You are so very understanding. Thanks also for book recommendation - I'll definitely dive into it. Thanks for your lovely words! May there be many more lightbulb moments to come...for both of us, we need them badly!!! xxx

Archived