Mental Health Forums

Discovery By Employer

Octavian10

We can't go closing threads willy nilly because certain people dislike the content.

If we did that all the time there would hardly be any threads on the board.

For all of you that dislike the thread so much, stop adding fuel to the fire and stay away from it.

Aurora :)

Thanks Aurora. I will also ask you to please remove the posts by 'head hurts'

Posts that break the Terms will be removed (such as the ones about trolling) but they won't be removed if you simply don't like them, so the posts in this thread by Head Hurts are staying. If you want posts by a user to not show up, there is an option in your profile settings to ignore all posts by a user or users.

We cannot remove posts simply because a user doesn't like them, for the same reasons Aurora mentioned as to why we can't lock every thread people don't like.

If you don't like the posts, don't respond to them, if you feel they are unhelpful, neg them, if you feel they break the rules, report them. They won't be removed for no reason though. Them's the rules. :)

Arrakis :cheff:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the post Maize. I guess if there were more friendly people like yourself on this forum I would have posted all the documentary information about my travails with the police. Do you think I should?

I can't say whether you "should" Octavia. It's up to you with how much you wish to disclose. It would be unlikely, if it were me, given the tones and attitudes of the majority of posters to so much as talk about it. I wouldn't encourage you to do that, especially in this kind of environment or atmosphere. I don't understand getting defensive and angry when advice cannot be taken. Most people who are not in a given situation themselves aren't qualified to offer real advice in the first place so why be surprised or upset or angry when the advice can't be used, has already been tried or doesn't apply.

I don't know what else to say Octavia but I care about what you're going through and hope you find some resolution to the problems and are able to move on from it when you are able to.

I can't say whether you "should" Octavia. It's up to you with how much you wish to disclose. It would be unlikely, if it were me, given the tones and attitudes of the majority of posters to so much as talk about it. I wouldn't encourage you to do that, especially in this kind of environment or atmosphere. I don't understand getting defensive and angry when advice cannot be taken. Most people who are not in a given situation themselves aren't qualified to offer real advice in the first place so why be surprised or upset or angry when the advice can't be used, has already been tried or doesn't apply.

I don't know what else to say Octavia but I care about what you're going through and hope you find some resolution to the problems and are able to move on from it when you are able to.

Regardless of the usefulness of the advice, or whether or not it applies to Octavians situation, advice has been given and no gratitude shown.

Regardless of the usefulness of the advice, or whether or not it applies to Octavians situation, advice has been given and no gratitude shown.

When I offer something I don't expect anything in return, but hey, maybe that's just me. I give because I care or see a need that I want to respond to. If it helps great, if not I move on. It's obvious enough that someone is struggling with something very difficult here. I wouldn't in any way want to contribute in a negative sense when someone is clearly suffering and struggling so much already.

Gratitude is not something hard to provide. When advice is offered it's a simple, human courtesy to be thankful for the time and thoughts that another person have given.

When someone disregards any and all advice given to them I find I have very little respect for them. Despite that, if you'd like to have a little look through this thread, only earlier today I suggested that the thread had veered wildly off topic and tried to bring it back into line by asking if there had been any further developments that we might be able to help with, but it has been ignored.

Before you go around accusing others of negative behaviour I would suggest you take a minute to have a look around the forum and see that we are a group of kind, compassionate, caring people who always do our best to help one another. Take the time to get to know us before you start alienating us.

Octavia,

You really seemed like you wanted to talk about what has happened to you and I think if you still feel like you want to, you should. Sometimes that alone can help. To put it out there in a public way, but you maybe should think about whether or not it's wise to put up documents, just for the sake of your own privacy and protection. I don't know on that one way or the other. Perhaps you know what's best for you there. I would encourage you to talk it out for as long as you need to. It doesn't matter how other people relate to you as much as you being able to get your voice out there about the injustice you feel or experienced, and people can give you feedback about it which you can either take or leave as not useful to you. I don't know what's best for you here but that's what's most important, what you need. I support you in talking about your experiences. It isn't easy to do either, I know, but it may well help you in the long run in being able to somehow put it behind you so you can better move on from it.

Still here for you, Octavia.

Maize

Gratitude is not something hard to provide. When advice is offered it's a simple, human courtesy to be thankful for the time and thoughts that another person have given.

When someone disregards any and all advice given to them I find I have very little respect for them. Despite that, if you'd like to have a little look through this thread, only earlier today I suggested that the thread had veered wildly off topic and tried to bring it back into line by asking if there had been any further developments that we might be able to help with, but it has been ignored.

Before you go around accusing others of negative behaviour I would suggest you take a minute to have a look around the forum and see that we are a group of kind, compassionate, caring people who always do our best to help one another. Take the time to get to know us before you start alienating us.

If you need something to be about your needs maybe you could start a thread of your own instead of judging another and expecting things from them they may not be able to deliver to you, particularly when they are in the middle of dealing with a difficult and challenging crisis in their own life and cannot be expected to act perfectly for the sake of your needs.

If you need something to be about your needs maybe you could start a thread of your own instead of judging another and expecting things from them they may not be able to deliver to you, particularly when they are in the middle of dealing with a difficult and challenging crisis in their own life and cannot be expected to act perfectly for the sake of your needs.

I'm sorry, I think you need to direct those comments at Octavian, they seem to fit better there.

I'm sorry, I think you need to direct those comments at Octavian, they seem to fit better there.

You're asking for gratitude so in this instance it's about your needs. It's too bad you have to occupy this kind of space in someone's thead who has asked for help with a very difficult situation to be going through. You're asking for formalities from someone who is evidently in a crisis. Don't expect something from someone who obviously isn't in that kind of space right now and may not be grateful for anything to anyone for any reason and in these circumstances it really shouldn't be expected. If you need a lot of thanks for something, you shouldn't direct it at someone coping with such a difficult situation. You ought to have a little more empathy, understanding and compassion than that or why be here in the first place? I'm not going to reply to anymore about this. Please allow the OP to have their thread back if you have nothing else to offer them but petty criticisms.

Again Maize, if you'd like to actually read through the entire thread, earlier today I attempted to get the thread back on track, back to the point it was created for, but you're so preoccupied with mud slinging that you've clearly failed to pay any attention at all.

Incidentally, how are your massively misguided accusations toward me of any benefit to the OP either. The word "hypocrisy" springs to mind.

Hmm...that is very thought provoking. To me, it seems that your best course of action at this point is to go to your boss's office, put your hands on his desk, bend down, look him straight in the eye, and say:

"Boss...

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant"

and walk out.

I think I will follow your advice and disclose the bare minimum of my correspondence with the Police forces, the Independent Police Complaints Commission and the Home Office. You see Maize you are from a country (USA) where the attitude to race is altogether different. In fact even the President of your country belongs to an ethnic minority and a different race. The problem with discussing race issues in a forum where there are a lot of Britain-based members professing their own mental illness and profound dislike for anyone or anything that disturbs their frame of mind is that one will be subjected to comments which are derogatory and discriminatory. But that is the level at which the brains of the 'indigenous' in England, Wales and Scotland function. Instead the present Con-Dem coalition is so racist that the Minister for Equalities (Theresa May) is the minister for inequalities.

Therefore even though I have started this thread and I should have the editorial authority of who should post here or even who should see be able to read my posts which authority I do not possess I will try and explain my case to the crowd here in such a way that it does not intrude on their sensitivities or challenge their beliefs.

The other problem is that if I do not my mental condition will get worse and therefore I have no option but to continue posting here. Before I conclude please accept my thanks for defending me against the uncalled for attacks by other members. There is a lynch-mob in here which is persecuting me using various pretexts sometimes for not posting on other threads other times for not showing enough 'gratitude' ( which I deny). I think you have made a very valid point that those hungry for compliments can start a separate thread and lavish praise on each other. However, you will see with the passage of time that they cannot resist throwing racial abuse at me just because they relish the opportunity.

You can disguise it any way you like Octavian, but I WILL NOT stand for accusations of racism! Who do you think you are!? No-one here has said anything about your ethnicity AT ALL, in fact, I have no idea as to your ethnicity.

At no point has anyone had a problem with your racial background, it is your attitude as a human being that has been questioned from the start, but once again, you're deflecting and blaming it on others. I am now taking it upong myself to report this thread because, as I mentioned, I WILL NOT tolerate your accusations of racism.

:wacko: Well, if you didn't have mental health problems before you read this thread, you will after reading it.

Ok If you think I am playing a mind-game, please read this letter from the Home Office which was sent in response to my complaint against the IPCC.

So they wrote and told you quite simply that it is not in their juristiction to overrrule or intervene with the IPCC. How terrible! They can only have done that because of your ethnicity, they would never have done that to a white person!

I am, of course, being sarcastic, because there is nothing wrong with the letter they have written, you are choosing to interpret it as a personal attack, just as you are doing with every word we try to say to you here.

So they wrote and told you quite simply that it is not in their juristiction to overrrule or intervene with the IPCC. How terrible! They can only have done that because of your ethnicity, they would never have done that to a white person!

That is correct. I went to the Home Office because the police refused to register a complaint of a crime and the IPCC refused to register a complaint against the misconduct of the police. And given that you are likely to invite the rest of your mob to post here, that is not the way things are done to the white populace. I note that in another part of your post you are growing curious about my ethnicity but I will not be disclosing it in the near future.

That is correct. I went to the Home Office because the police refused to register a complaint of a crime and the IPCC refused to register a complaint against the misconduct of the police. And given that you are likely to invite the rest of your mob to post here, that is not the way things are done to the white populace. I note that in another part of your post you are growing curious about my ethnicity but I will not be disclosing it in the near future.

I have no interest in your ethnicity, it doesn't affect my opinion of you either way. I do not judge people based on the colour of their skin, merely their interactions with other human beings.

Racism is against the law in this country. And also agsinst the rules of this forum. As far as i can see there is only one person on this thread that that has been racist, and that is you.

'The problem with discussing race issues in a forum where there are a lot of Britain-based members

professing their own mental illness and profound dislike for anyone or anything that disturbs their frame of mind is

that one will be subjected to comments which are derogatory and discriminatory. But that is the level at which the

brains of the 'indigenous' in England, Wales and Scotland function.'

And what exactly does this mean?

'And given that you are likely to invite the rest of your mob to post here, that is not the way things are done to the

white populace.'

There are many members here from different racial backgrounds, and I have never known there to be an issue regarding race. or colour.

It seems to me you have a chip on your shoulder. Stop attacking supportive members of our community and start addressing your own issues of anger and low self esteem.

It is also against the rules of this forum to disscus political issues so this comment

' Instead the present Con-Dem coalition is so racist that the Minister for Equalities (Theresa May) is the minister for

inequalities.'

is not allowed either.

I've locked this thread for the time being as it has become a little too emotionally charged.

I will pretty much reiterate what Aurora said. If this thread infuriates anybody so much that progress seems unattainable then avoidance is the best solution.

Furthermore, any occurrence of racism on this forum will be treated very seriously by the staff. As such, said instances should be reported to us immediately.

This thread will be locked for the time being in order to give people the chance to cool down.

Archived