Mental Health Forums

If I Have Broken The Membership Rules....

Octavian10

You are right, a diagnosis does not relieve the stressors but will be good to get your mental health stabilized. The right medication and maybe even people that can help you with your meetings etc. sounds like the thing you need. I'm not in your skin, but I think your mental health is more important right now and I would follow the advice given by the professionals.

You mean I should consent to the hospital admission for 7 days?

Hey Octavian,

Has that been offered to you and would it be something you would consider?

It could possibly be a good thing, to get some repsite from your current predicament.

Aurora :)

Hey Octavian,

It could possibly be a good thing, to get some repsite from your current predicament.

Yes but they only want to admit me to establish a diagnosis. They also wanted to stop my risperidone but I said I was not prepared for the experiment. They want to admit me for a week and then do a letter stating this is my diagnosis. However, when they admitted me in July 2010 ( when I had the breakdown) they did not give me a diagnosis either. All they wrote on my discharge summary was that I had significant psychosocial stressors. Therefore I do not see what will be achieved by the present admission.

Hey Octavian,

Yes but they only want to admit me to establish a diagnosis. They also wanted to stop my risperidone but I said I was not prepared for the experiment. They want to admit me for a week and then do a letter stating this is my diagnosis. However, when they admitted me in July 2010 ( when I had the breakdown) they did not give me a diagnosis either. All they wrote on my discharge summary was that I had significant psychosocial stressors. Therefore I do not see what will be achieved by the present admission.

Sometimes it can take the Professionals a while to establish a diagnosis, especially if the Patient is exhibiting complex symptoms that don't fit neatly into one of the DSM-IV or ICD-10 catergories. Usually after seeing the Patient for some time and monitoring their mental health, they then may have enough information for a probable diagnosis.

Lets just say that you did go into hospital, you got an official diagnosis and a brief break from your current stressors. Would you find that helpful?

Lets just say that you did go into hospital, you got an official diagnosis and a brief break from your current stressors. Would you find that helpful?

No I would not. The reason is that the stressors still remain in real time don't they? Therefore going inside a hospital is more of a hindrance than a help. I am being represented by solicitors who have a very limited set of instructions. If I do not exchange emails with them every few hours I slide into depression. In other words going into hospital will only increase my stress by cutting me off from the rest of the world e.g. this forum.

Ok, that's fair enough.

What i was initially getting at was that some people find a small break away from these types of situations helpful, so they can regroup thier thoughts and then tackle the situation in a more clear and refreshed mindset.

But if you feel it would be more of a hindrance then that's ok, it's your choice after all.

What care are you getting from your local Mental Health Team? i.e, Psychiatrist? CPN? Therapist? Do you see them regularly? And are they offering you any extra support during this time other then the hospital suggestion? Have you asked them if they can diagnose you without being admitted?

Ok, that's fair enough.

What i was initially getting at was that some people find a small break away from these types of situations helpful, so they can regroup thier thoughts and then tackle the situation in a more clear and refreshed mindset.

I found the first admission helpful and a rather positive experience. But I do not want to be taken through another admission just to have a diagnosis established.

But if you feel it would be more of a hindrance then that's ok, it's your choice after all.

What care are you getting from your local Mental Health Team? i.e, Psychiatrist? CPN? Therapist? Do you see them regularly?

I have an appointment with the psychiatrist on 18 Jan 11 and with the CBT therapist on 25 Jan 11. That is about all

And are they offering you any extra support during this time other then the hospital suggestion? Have you asked them if they can diagnose you without being admitted?

I was under the crisis team but was discharged on September 2010. So no there is no extra support on offer.

Maybe you should start another thread about the way you are feeling Octivian and let this one go to rest.

Claire.

You are right but that thread will take the same route about my being advised admission whilst I myself arguing why I refuse to be admitted and then people giving up their advice.

I didn't read every single piece of your threads and I appologize if my suggestions have already been made by others. I understand that you've got work-related issues and I am utter crap with all the legal stuff that's involved, so I can't advise on these matters, sorry.

There is an employment tribunal and a disciplinary hearing I have to face in 2011 and I am not sure how I will represent myself.

But just from a very human point of view and looking at your mental health is there any way you could focus on that? You have written that your MH problems are due to the crap you've had with your workplace (and everything else that seems to have followed) and I understand the need in wanting some closure and justice regarding this issue.

There is no easy way of coming out from the disciplinary or the Tribunal hearing ( where I am the claimant however).

From what I can see, there is another view on this, though, and this is trying to concentrate on yourself as a person. It might take an awfully long time to get the beaurocratic side of things sorted and it might never get sorted at all.

I am having to litigate without having the means mentally, physically and professionaly for doing so.

From what I read things are very complicated and rather than fighting to the bitter end, to the detriment of your health and well-being, maybe you could follow another road alongside your current journey which allows you to relax and strengthen your self-worth.

Have you spoken to a councellor/therapist before?

I am under psychiatric care at the moment. I was under the crisis team before but now I am only seen once a fortnight. No I am not having any CBT at present.

It's just, from what I see, you seem to be fighting a lonely battle and this will have an effect on your MH. By getting other people involved who are not part of your legal issues you might find an alternative way of recovery? ...and in doing so may get the other stuff resolved.

I do not know where the litigation is going to end up to be honest. But I might be dead before that happens.

Hi Octavian

I'm new to the forum,and while reading this post it caught my eye... I went through what you are going through/and will face in 2011... last Summer.... I had a pretty terrible time even with Union representation, and ended up losing my job, which I loved and lived for... i even went to an appeal tribunal and still failed in my attempt to be re-instated... unfortunately for me the organisation I worked for were already aware at that time that massive funding cuts were coming, and it was evidently easier for them to them to sack me, rather than make me redundant, which is now happening in a massive way in the organisation, and friends of mine who still work there are facing redundancy. If I can be of any support to you, please feel free to message me.... I know that pain and worry that it can cause a person so would like to help if I can..without being negative obviously.... I believed that I would win and fought to keep my job and that is what you must do. Hope to hear from you. Take care :)

Redkitty thanks for your kind comments. My problem is that the Tribunal claim is still ongoing whilst I have to face a disciplinary panel in September. Both these sub-judice ( I should actually call them prejudiced because I am sure that the decisions have been made) cases are adding to the mental stress. The Employment Tribunal judges are rather atrocious in that they refused to even give me a fair hearing. I just do not know what to do.

Hi Octavian,

I'm glad you found your previous admission a positive experience and i totally understand that to go in just for a diagnosis is somewhat unnecessary. Although i am also wondering whether they feel you need to go in for reasons other than just a diagnosis. It could be likely that they see your current situation is having a debilitating effect on your mental health and they might want you to go in voluntarily for observation, to keep yourself safe....Just a thought really.

I hope your Psychiatrist and CBT appointments go well. It would be a good idea to be completely honest with your Psychiatrist about everything that's going on with you at the moment. If you feel you need extra support in regards to your mental health other than the hospital admission that has been offered, then that will be a good time to ask for it.

I was also wondering if your Psychiatrist could give you any supporting evidence detailing how this situation is effecting you that could help you at your disaplinary hearing? I'm not incredibly clued up on the ins and outs of work realted tribunals and disaplinary hearings, so i apologise that i'm unable to give you any specific and detailed advice on this situation.

hi octavian

i know u have said that an admission will be more of a hinderance...however, do you not think you should be focusing on your mental health rather than all this other stuff? i mean, hasnt this other arisen because u r not well? that is what i perceived in ur first post, anyway.

we all focus on the outside things and when we do that we end up with problem after problem, mainly because we r unequipped to deal with the stressors that come to us. amybe if u have help in finding new ways of coping then that will be more beneficial rather than putting all ur energy into the matters u r. i understand u need to have some focus on other matters but try and remember u were unwell before all this kicked off. and chances are, if all this finishes (the stuff with work) you will still be unwell

i wish u the best

toast xx

hi octavian

i know u have said that an admission will be more of a hinderance...however, do you not think you should be focusing on your mental health rather than all this other stuff? i mean, hasnt this other arisen because u r not well? that is what i perceived in ur first post, anyway.

You are right. This has arisen because of my mental health problems and taken the form of a vicious circle. But there is nothing I can do to break out of the circle.

we all focus on the outside things and when we do that we end up with problem after problem, mainly because we r unequipped to deal with the stressors that come to us. amybe if u have help in finding new ways of coping then that will be more beneficial rather than putting all ur energy into the matters u r.

I have not been able to find any new way of coping with my issues. Instead even after being discharged I will have to come back and face the same issues again. I have to litigate in person before an employment tribunal and receive diminutive representation fro Union in elation to the disciplinary hearing.

i understand u need to have some focus on other matters but try and remember u were unwell before all this kicked off. and chances are, if all this finishes (the stuff with work) you will still be unwell

i wish u the best

All this will not finish before September 2011 and chances are that I will still be unwell (if I am still alive by then). But there is very little I can do to improve my condition before the hearing gets over.

I second the notion that a new thread would be best. The title of this one really puts me off reading it and we are now on page three of it.

That is not at all to invalidate Octavian's feelings or problems. Just that the thread has moved beyond it's title and I for one would feel more apt to reply if it was a different subject line.

WP

Will starting a new thread relieve my suicidal ideation?

It may not, but you might get more responses related to the topic than using this thread, which could lead to a turning around of those thoughts. Also, putting it in the crisis section will let others know that you are in a bad way.

Many here tend to avoid contraversial threads and the title of this one leads me to believe it could be that so for the longest time I simply didn't read it since I was troubled myself and didn't want to get into a heated debate!

I'm not trying to be critical or upset you, just give some well meaning advice from someone who has been on this board a lot longer and worked in various roles for the admins.

WP

Will starting a new thread relieve my suicidal ideation?

It may not, but you might get more responses related to the topic than using this thread, which could lead to a turning around of those thoughts. Also, putting it in the crisis section will let others know that you are in a bad way.

Many here tend to avoid contraversial threads and the title of this one leads me to believe it could be that so for the longest time I simply didn't read it since I was troubled myself and didn't want to get into a heated debate!

I'm not trying to be critical or upset you, just give some well meaning advice from someone who has been on this board a lot longer and worked in various roles for the admins.

WP

I did not know that there was a crisis section here. Can some one please lead me there and show me how I can access it ?

At the top of the screen under "mental health forums" then under OUR WEBSITES there is a link named "Mental Health Forums" click on that and it takes ya to another screen that has a list of all the diff boards available. Scroll down you will see a Dark topic and possible trigger topics section. there is a board called Crisis Point. Click on that. Click Start New Topic and viola.

You're there.

or just follow this link

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/index.php?/forum/109-crisis-point/

You're friendly neighbourhood Michael (yeah yeah yeah, one of wp's alters in case ya didn't know,,, yup! she's got em.)

Archived