Mental Health Forums

If I Have Broken The Membership Rules....

Octavian10

In my time here I have had statuses locked and posts removed because they violated the rules clearly stated.

I have not violated any rules in my posts. I have proved that I have been victimised by the moderators nevertheless.

We're all human here and sometimes we're going to make mistakes and break rules

I am not sure whether this is the royal 'we' but I think you can only speak for yourself and not me in this condescending manner.

and it's the moderators jobs to ensure that this is rectified in order to reduce the risk of it causing any harm. Just because a moderator removes a post it is not a personal attack, just as warnings and bans for repeated disregard for the rules are not.

I have proved on my other thread that the posts that Arrakis removed were not violating any rules. Instead Arrakis ended up quoting the wrong set of rules to me. Moreover I have also been told that given that there are two warnings on my account, I will be banned if I receive a third warning. Moreover your admission that you have managed to stay on this board despite serial breaches of the rules suggests that the moderation on this forum is not even (across races).

you have not prooved you have been victimised. moderators have publicly prooved you broke rules.

how do you know bimo is not the same race as you? none of us know what race anybody is, and none of the treatment here is racist. there are alot of mistakes made in this place, and somethings are absolutely unfair at times (which is human) but racism is definately never a part of this forum. the fact that you bring that up time and time again despite everyone prooving otherwise is v offensive.

Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder

A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

•Suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her

•Is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates

•Is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her

•Reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events

•Persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights

•Perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack

•Has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

Hmm...sound familiar? Many of us here struggle with personality disorders. I know I do. (((((everyone)))))

Let me clarify that last post a bit. What I'm saying is, it's Octavian's illness that makes him say the things he does. Demanding that he stop is like demanding that someone with DID stop having alters, or someone with BPD stop having mood swings. I don't know what the solution is, this thought just came to me.

Yes, there is no one certain way to behave when you are ill. There's no right and wrong way to deal with illness i don't think. We have enough expectations upon us in the real world.

Let me clarify that last post a bit. What I'm saying is, it's Octavian's illness that makes him say the things he does. Demanding that he stop is like demanding that someone with DID stop having alters, or someone with BPD stop having mood swings. I don't know what the solution is, this thought just came to me.

i was under the impression octavian had said he had no dx

regardless of what anyones mh is we are still all subject to the same rules. if someones alters broke rules they wd be subject to the same warnings anybody wd be, and if someone in a bpd mood swing was claiming people were racist others wd still object

if octavian feels people are persecuting him or that his race may make him a target then he can use 'i feel' statements to communicate his feelings and fears, rather than throwing accusations. no ones illness 'makes' them do anything, all individuals are still responsible for howw they react, but for many with mh problems this is much more difficult until the right suport is found. no one is judging octavian for struggling with this, we're just not abou to be twisted by his illogical accusations thats all.

i was under the impression octavian had said he had no dx

regardless of what anyones mh is we are still all subject to the same rules. if someones alters broke rules they wd be subject to the same warnings anybody wd be, and if someone in a bpd mood swing was claiming people were racist others wd still object

if octavian feels people are persecuting him or that his race may make him a target then he can use 'i feel' statements to communicate his feelings and fears, rather than throwing accusations. no ones illness 'makes' them do anything, all individuals are still responsible for howw they react, but for many with mh problems this is much more difficult until the right suport is found. no one is judging octavian for struggling with this, we're just not abou to be twisted by his illogical accusations thats all.

Good thoughts! Thanks for the clarification.

If you cant support him, thats OK, just leave it be.

Inclusion and understanding.

For those that didn't read Josh's message, I'll copy and paste it here:

Josh's thread - A Support Forum?

Hi All,

This is something that has come up again tonight but isnt something that hasnt been said before.

Many people believe this is a support forum and those of you that do would be partly right but its much more than that.

This place is about laughter, sharing, support, relationships, interactions, conflicts, fights and making up, learning, hurting, happiness, togetherness the list could go on forever and a day but most of all this place is about inclusion.

Many people who join this site do so as they feel utterly alone and as if no one could possibly understand the chaos which is life to most of you, they join for understanding.

Please be kind to each other but also recognise that being a member of this community will not always involve a smooth ride. People hurt and when people hurt they sometimes lash out at others, others that care...

In my time here I have had statuses locked and posts removed because they violated the rules clearly stated.

I have not violated any rules in my posts. I have proved that I have been victimised by the moderators nevertheless.

We're all human here and sometimes we're going to make mistakes and break rules

I am not sure whether this is the royal 'we' but I think you can only speak for yourself and not me in this condescending manner.

and it's the moderators jobs to ensure that this is rectified in order to reduce the risk of it causing any harm. Just because a moderator removes a post it is not a personal attack, just as warnings and bans for repeated disregard for the rules are not.

I have proved on my other thread that the posts that Arrakis removed were not violating any rules. Instead Arrakis ended up quoting the wrong set of rules to me. Moreover I have also been told that given that there are two warnings on my account, I will be banned if I receive a third warning. Moreover your admission that you have managed to stay on this board despite serial breaches of the rules suggests that the moderation on this forum is not even (across races).

you have not prooved you have been victimised. moderators have publicly prooved you broke rules.

how do you know bimo is not the same race as you? none of us know what race anybody is, and none of the treatment here is racist. there are alot of mistakes made in this place, and somethings are absolutely unfair at times (which is human) but racism is definately never a part of this forum. the fact that you bring that up time and time again despite everyone prooving otherwise is v offensive.

For the record, I'm purple with pink spots and no one here treats me any different.........

Michael.

If you cant support him, thats OK, just leave it be.

Inclusion and understanding.

For those that didn't read Josh's message, I'll copy and paste it here:

Josh's thread - A Support Forum?

Hi All,

This is something that has come up again tonight but isnt something that hasnt been said before.

Many people believe this is a support forum and those of you that do would be partly right but its much more than that.

This place is about laughter, sharing, support, relationships, interactions, conflicts, fights and making up, learning, hurting, happiness, togetherness the list could go on forever and a day but most of all this place is about inclusion.

Many people who join this site do so as they feel utterly alone and as if no one could possibly understand the chaos which is life to most of you, they join for understanding.

Please be kind to each other but also recognise that being a member of this community will not always involve a smooth ride. People hurt and when people hurt they sometimes lash out at others, others that care...

and support is sometimes about challenging unfounded beliefs

understanding goes both ways, this place is not racist

i used to moderate a highly active electronics forum (5k+ rediculously active members), firstly, moderators are just volunteer users like your self so aren't on 24/7/365, there's rules for a reason, usaually to ensure the forum stays within the laws of wherever the forums server is located, it only takes one complaint that something illegals been encouraged to have the site permanently taken down

you walk a fine line being a moderator, and as they're only human mistakes get made, things are over looked, buggy forum software never bothers to tell a mod anythings happened etc.

also don't forget its saturday night, a lot of people will be chillin with a can, a joint, early night with their partner or watever

forums are helpful, but they're not instant messaging, people reply when they have time, remember this is a mental health forum, by its very nature every members not going to be sat here every day, every night

The way things are going, I do not think I will be allowed the use of this forum for much longer. In any case, in real life I am seeing the psychiatrist tomorrow.

The way things are going, I do not think I will be allowed the use of this forum for much longer.

i'm sure that all you have to do is follows the Terms of Use and you will be fine :)

Hey Octo I know we havn't always seen eye to eye but dude...

Some battles aint worth fighting. Some are. Fighting with the mods on here is counter productive. Jus advice and you can take or leave but maybe put that energy into the real battles in your real life mate.

Michael.

octavian.

please listen to what people are saying and dont let your own emotions and illness colour there words.

i know as well as the rest of us just how easy it is to misinterpret a purly text based format disscussion and to draw conclusions from ti with the absence of any other telltails as to the motivation of the "speaker"

have you considered that you may be looking at the text though a haze which colours the words means to one direction, that of attacks upon you when it may just be a less than optimal choice of words which can have several meanings.

for example.

I saw what you did there.

can have several meanings

I saw what you did there. emphisis is that i am the one who did the obserbing

I sawwhat you did there. emphisise on the act of observation

I saw what you did there . emphise on the you. as in i know it was YOU who did it but there is no other information given.

i saw what you did there emphise on the location where the event happened.

then into a context which the statment alone does not have.

in an engineering workshop where i was being trained to opperate and set a machine zero point for the work

I saw what you did there. with a nod of the haad as realsiation dawns on how simple it can be to set the work followed by a short discussion.

the ittalics are where i put emphise on words in the context which created the statement that information had been transfered to me by a visual metaphore.

also i understand what it can be like with no way to relase rage and anger and oftern i do it myself through a computor in text format. i have learnt to not do it on a forum to others.

partialy because its hurtfull to them (and myself when it was directed at me)

partialy because arguing with people on the internet is for idiots, and they have atendancy to drag you down to there level and beat you with years of experiance

My last post...before I am banned.

Octavian10

If it is, which I hope not. I wish you luck on your journey. I believe in hope and when that fails me I use faith to fall back on. Faith in others, and sometimes now a little faith in myself.

I wish you a good journey, translated from french (bon voayage).

Jamie

xx.

Oh come on youre highly intelligent so you should realize youll only get banned if you knowingly break the rules again.

Its in your own hands.

Why do you insist we are singling you out,are you blind to your own role in this?

Lilly

Archived