Mental Health Forums

Alters Having Accounts

Lily-Bee

If someone has a diagnoses of did and has alters,her or his alters can have accounts. However staff needs to be made aware of this otherwise they might be banned as they will be seen as unautherized double accounts.

If we suspect trolling that someone not actually has did we can also decide to ban.

And obviously alters need to go by the rules like any other members.

Lilly

thanks Lilly,

Is it possible that if alters choose not to have a separate account and use the same account as the main personality then could they please identify themselves when they post - like what Michael does when he uses WP's account... cos it can get quite confusing... :wacko: especially as it is becomming more common on the forum these days...

Just a suggestion...

One point tho, your not always aware alters have set one up behind your back !! but yeah best let mods know when u realise, unless like me u were too embarrassed to tell :ashamed0005:

but dont be they understand :) (mods that is not alters :lol: )

• Like 2

My alters will probably just use the same account, if there isn't a name to it then it should have a different colour/font. Unfortunately we have been through an incident of being banned because of bad behaviour from the others but I think they have learnt from that so should be okay!

Alters is another word for personalities. People with DID/MPD have more than one other person in their mind and they can control the body for periods of time. DID/MPD is a coping mechanism, and one that is created often beyond our control.

• Like 1

If you have DID, which means you have these personalities/alters then your alters can have their own account instead of using the main persons account (the host). But the staff need to know this incase there are people making double accounts for the wrong reasons. Even if the alters have their own account, they have to follow the rules or be banned like a regular member x

My alters will probably just use the same account, if there isn't a name to it then it should have a different colour/font. Unfortunately we have been through an incident of being banned because of bad behaviour from the others but I think they have learnt from that so should be okay!

who are u hiden angel ??

would like to know who u are really !!

Oh don't worry, we know who we are! I'm Christine, aged 19 from Kent, UK. I have DID, BPD, general and social anxiety, PTSD, depression, suicidal ideation and self harm. I don't really appreciate your post... but thanks for asking, because I know who I am!

• Thanks 1

Oh don't worry, we know who we are! I'm Christine, aged 19 from Kent, UK. I have DID, BPD, general and social anxiety, PTSD, depression, suicidal ideation and self harm. I don't really appreciate your post... but thanks for asking, because I know who I am!

why dont u appreciate my post im only asking who u r ???

No, you asked who I am really, as if you was paranoid or something. There is a way to ask people things nicely, and that just wasn't it. You should try to be nice to people here, they might be able to help you and if you let them, even become your friends

Okay no harm done. Hope things are okay and I don't know any of you apart from what I've seen, but I care so if you're willing to let anyone in, you're always welcome to post on the board and get some support too

Ok for the record here,

We have a separate account for us alters. It's Fireflies.

But after much internal discussion and boring meetings to discuss the majority of us decided it would make our lives even more confusing. We are use to sharing the one body so why not the one account?

Ok sure, sometimes some of us don't sign our posts. I'll bring tha tone up inside. AGAIN! :rolleyes:

Dragon

pg_black_dragon.jpg

ps. I like mhairs rudness and attitude.

I signed in separately cos she didnt want to be part of me so f&&k her ill go it alone, we dont want to be together anyway, but dragon if your happy together sharing then that brill for you all.....

thanks for liking my attitude, welcome aboard lol :P

Of course I'm not happy. I'd dearly like my own body but since I can't have it, I guess having my own stupid screen name on a cyber forum in the virtual world isn't too bad of a trade off.

Dragon

pg_black_dragon.jpg

point taken, yeah i thought u were hiding as someone else........ <_<

I know it's hard to set down rules with your alters since some of them don't want to comply and some arn't co conscious with you, but it would be helpful if these secondary accounts would make it known that they are alters of someone else's primary name. That way no one will feel decieved. I hope.

Just a suggestion. Kind of glad Dragon came on board with that one.

WP

• Like 2

I really do understand where everyone is coming from. We've been in the exact same circumstances before... its not easy to get everyone working together, but it is possible

Alters is something new to me, I have no experience, and I am a forum first timer.

My first thought is that I treat everyone as an individual, a lot of the time I don't even have pictures switched on, in my browser.

Has anyone got any useful and easy to read weblinks for information about it?

Thank you

Jamie xx.

Alters is something new to me, I have no experience, and I am a forum first timer.

My first thought is that I treat everyone as an individual, a lot of the time I don't even have pictures switched on, in my browser.

Has anyone got any useful and easy to read weblinks for information about it?

Thank you

Jamie xx.

http://www.psychnet-uk.com/dsm_iv/dissociative_identity_disorder.htm

Hope this helps

x

Hey Roses! Hope everything is going ok in the hosp. We're all thinking of you.

Get well soon.

:bigarmhug[1]:

Michael et al.