Mental Health Forums

Alters Having Accounts

Lily-Bee

Just general questions I have. Asking me to talk to someone person to person is like asking me to have my flesh torn off. If that sounds dramatic, that's too bad. Just how it is for me right now.

I took the time to review some information on DID/MPD, watched some videos but I will not fully understand the issue because I have never had it, nor experienced someone in my real life that has it.

If having alters helps you/aids you in your recovery (if it does); then fine...as WP stated a few pages ago it may be helpful if the alters placed their "host" name on their main signature or somewhere so we all know who you are...because the alters may identify a main problem that the host didn't want to mention so that the host cna be better helped.

But I have noticed a huge range of alternate accounts being setup, I have no problem with them just at the same time you cannot judge someone with DID/MPD how can you tell someone isn't playing the system to set up alternative accounts for their own purposes.

I took the time to review some information on DID/MPD, watched some videos but I will not fully understand the issue because I have never had it, nor experienced someone in my real life that has it.

If having alters helps you/aids you in your recovery (if it does); then fine...as WP stated a few pages ago it may be helpful if the alters placed their "host" name on their main signature or somewhere so we all know who you are...because the alters may identify a main problem that the host didn't want to mention so that the host cna be better helped.

But I have noticed a huge range of alternate accounts being setup, I have no problem with them just at the same time you cannot judge someone with DID/MPD how can you tell someone isn't playing the system to set up alternative accounts for their own purposes.

having alters isnt a choice, its not something that is about aiding recovery, having alters just is. and not all people with DID have hosts, if truama is initiated early enough a host personality never gets to develope and the person's psyche is entirely fragmented.

• Like 2

I absolutely agrre with you roxy, all mental health problems are not something of choice, and DID/MPD is certianly no exception. What I was questioning moreso is whether the system can be open to abuse on this particular forum thats all; most that have alters have existed for years on here and they set up alternative accounts and place their alt names which is great...we all know who we're talking to and thats great. its the others who would use this to an advantage, and theres no way of patrolling it or knowing who has got DID and who is taking the piss, because as early as 6 months ago, people were automatically banned for having double accounts.

I think its something that has had to be adapted as more members with DID join the site. As with everything in life we have to learn and adapt. It doesn't mean its going to be straight forward or easy, but there are things we can do to try and make it smoother such as signing posts/putting it in their signature area..etc.

We only have the one account, we have had separate accounts at other sites but it generally did not work for us as we would forget to sign out so everything got mixed up. I think its up to the alters if they want to have their own thing.. they have to share a body, so to have something that is their own can be beneficial for some.

I absolutely agrre with you roxy, all mental health problems are not something of choice, and DID/MPD is certianly no exception. What I was questioning moreso is whether the system can be open to abuse on this particular forum thats all; most that have alters have existed for years on here and they set up alternative accounts and place their alt names which is great...we all know who we're talking to and thats great. its the others who would use this to an advantage, and theres no way of patrolling it or knowing who has got DID and who is taking the piss, because as early as 6 months ago, people were automatically banned for having double accounts.

Maybe the admins should only give out a second account if the person can produce some kinda proof of the dx? Like a privately signed form by the pdoc or what ever.

Or, put a time frame on it. The person has to be here for X amount of months displaying the symptoms before a second account is considered. Kinda like you can't be a peer supporter or a mod unless you have been here a year or so.

I can see your point. I just dunno what a solution is. Any idea's Gunnie?

Michael.

Having to produce signed documents is a bit much though, no one should have to justify themselves here. I do think the time frame is a good idea though.

Its good to brain storm. If we can think of something our selvs, and the Staff agree then we could have it worked out as team which I think is always a positive thing

v few people with DID have formal dx so itd leave out alot of people if proof of that was necessary

im sure mods can learn to be aware of abuse if it occurs due to double accounts, surely that cant be too difficult considering the benefit some people will find

Apart from WP / Fireflies, I don't see any other alters with a sig saying that they are an alter of another acc holder.

It has been said, but I don't see people actually doing it. (putting that on their sig)

I wish they would as i am confused!!!

:blink:

We're more than happy to stick with the one account if peeps find it too confuzing. Just that us alters are not the peer supporters. Hopefully she will get back to that role soon.

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I don't find you confusing at all!

And i certainly don't want to hurt anyone or cause any trouble.

I think that if other mpd/ did peeps could have it in their sig that it would cut down on any confusion, thats all.

Hope you are all ok Michael, WP & alts, xxx kitteh

personaly dont have a problem with d.i.d sufferers having a separate account for alters. i will admit i found it a bit strange at first but then realised thata persons alters are seperate people they may share the same body but are separate. yes i agree its nice to know who is part of who but apart from that once i got my head around it. i just treat them as separate entities.

personaly dont have a problem with d.i.d sufferers having a separate account for alters. i will admit i found it a bit strange at first but then realised thata persons alters are seperate people they may share the same body but are separate. yes i agree its nice to know who is part of who but apart from that once i got my head around it. i just treat them as separate entities.

thanks moggy xxxx

andy xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Been wrecked since diagnosis back in 1996. Psychiatrist diagnosed me and tried to "treat" me and promptly dumped me I guess when it wasn't as easy or straightforward as she had planned. She actually traumatized me and then dumped me because she was obviously incompetent in the first place. But I was diagnosed with DID, PTSD and Major Depression at that time. The whole mental health system is a farse in my opinion. When they get rid of all the mentally ill people who are set up in private practices in that profession and put them into factory line work or something where they at least won't do any harm to others and get 'their' mental health issues fixed or resolved before they start trying to treat others it would be a start but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future. They seem to be attracted to the profession like flies and symbiotically milk the system for the sake of their own needs and interests more than anything. There are few people who are qualified or are in it for the right reasons as I have gone looking for help enough times to know. I have no hope of ever finding anyone who is competent enough to treat me because for the most part they are too mentally ill themselves and shouldn't be allowed to be in those jobs in the first place. Mother fuckers, that's what I'd like to call them.

Maize I could not agree with you more here. Having been messed over by the mental health team in two counties I am starting to give up, hence joining a forum. I think being able to speak to people with similar problems and diagnoses can really help you out of a dark place you know? Although we all have to be careful with triggers!

If you ever want to talk, let me know xx

Also, I think everyone has the right to be whoever they want to be on here. Alt/host/good/bad mood. We are all hear to share our experiences. (I understand we must all abide by the regulations though)

Thank you all for an insight into a topic that was before, unknown to me.

xxxxx