Mental Health Forums

Current Sh Posts

DJJK

To clarify, I am not the boss and I don't run the site.

Why would we leave the topic open to discussion if we didn't care what you had to say? We could have locked it.

Kx

DJJK, the ACTUAL crux of the matter is that we don't agree wholly (I understand it's purpose) with the rule and the Administration and Moderators do so to hell with what we think, you're the bosses. This makes a mockery of what Lilly describes as a "Peer Support" forum,

And Lilly, the fact that you don't get paid for what you do here is entirely irrelevant. If it matters to you that your role as Supervisor is an unpaid one, then don't do it. Pointing out that you don't get paid has no significance to this topic.

Youre right Bimo about not being paid I just meant to convey that since I am not paid,I must sincerely care,why else would I bother.

Lilly

oh just go to hell with the pair of ye. i hope you're bloody happy with yourselves that's all i'll say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an observation:

How is saying "I did X, Y, Z, last night" so vastly different to "I am doing X, Y, Z"?

I know that, personally, I would rather be able to help the people I care about during a crisis rather than have to wait until after the fact when, quite frankly, there's no more to be done until the next time.

There's no point closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

hey bimo, cosif you post sayin i am doing it, then it puts everyone else, in a position of worry and shit how can we help, what should we do, i think its unfair to do that to people xxxx

Just an observation:

How is saying "I did X, Y, Z, last night" so vastly different to "I am doing X, Y, Z"?

I know that, personally, I would rather be able to help the people I care about during a crisis rather than have to wait until after the fact when, quite frankly, there's no more to be done until the next time.

hey bimo, cosif you post sayin i am doing it, then it puts everyone else, in a position of worry and shit how can we help, what should we do, i think its unfair to do that to people xxxx

then DON'T READ IT. simple!!!

just go and do what you want. i was wondering how long it would take anyway. oh yeah and here come my fucking negatives, woopy fecking do, think i'm well past caring now. way-hay life's too fecking short to care woo-hoo

geees im only just reading this, what is wrong with everyone. The staff here do their utmost to keep this place safe, and to protect everyone, not just you!!! this isn't about you the individual, we are a community here, so its about the bigger picture, Bimo I though you would have understood the reasons behind not talking about current self harm.

This about protecting the community, im sure evrerything is just fine, as long as YOU are ok, try thinking of others for a change? dry.gif

lmfao. people are gonnna be in crisis and fucking who knows what fucking going on, but yeah jsut think of others.and you're not even able to fucking think straight, and your head is exploding and your can't take the pain for one second longer, and blah blah blah blah blah whatever. so as long as you remember to just keep damaging yourself as long as you don't tell anyone in case it upsets them, then that's the main thing. oh yeah i get it now. not that you'd even be able to fucking think straight in that situation. i'm gonna get a fucking a1 sized poster done, so that when my head is gone and i can't think straight it'll remind me to you you first. no one even said that it had to be like just saying whatever all over the place. people did care about others, that's why they were suggesting OTHER options while still keeping OTHERS safe too, so that EVERYONE could be kept safe, and everyone would be ok. but yeah just go and do whaever the fuck you want as long as you don't tell us. ah just shut the fuck up amanda and stop going on about it. just go and do it. don't tell them. and they keep having the nerve to say what they do. on and on, as if they mean it, like we can't see through them. but yeah point taken, i get it now. like its bad enough not being able to tell anyone in real life, or no one caring in real life, you either shut the fuck up here, or tell fecking lies. yeah whatever. i'll go and do that and i'll remember that. better than staying here and then dying. yeah go to hell. take your own advice. am fecking done now for good. so yeah you can keep it. well fucking done. and good day to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a long reply, but there's no point. This site has helped me greatly but mostly just upsets me now. This is a prime example of why I resigned.

*puts on "Welcome To The Machine" by Pink Floyd..... *

oh, and no-one answered why there can't be a separate forum part for SH????????

There is one for just about every other area......?????

Just an observation:

then DON'T READ IT. simple!!!

just go and do what you want. i was wondering how long it would take anyway. oh yeah and here come my fucking negatives, woopy fecking do, think i'm well past caring now. way-hay life's too fecking short to care woo-hoo

What exactly is your problem manja, you were a respected member here, and now every other word you type is attacking or defensive, I thought you gave a damn, seems not

lmfao. people are gonnna be in crisis and fucking who knows what fucking going on, but yeah jsut think of others.

you can still post sayin, i need to sh, i need help whats wrong with that?? nothing, try using some dbt/cbt skills and take some responsibility

geees im only just reading this, what is wrong with everyone. The staff here do their utmost to keep this place safe, and to protect everyone, not just you!!! this isn't about you the individual, we are a community here, so its about the bigger picture, Bimo I though you would have understood the reasons behind not talking about current self harm. Imagine you and crippie werent in the same place and she comes on and says ive done so and so, imagine how utterly worried and panicked you would be.

This about protecting the community, im sure evrerything is just fine, as long as YOU are ok, try thinking of others for a change? dry.gif

Piuma, I'd thank you not to bring my personal life into the public domain without my permission, but since you have, as I have already stated, in such a situation I would prefer to be in a position where I can make an effort to be proactive in helping to halt the damaging behaviour, rather than have to find out about it after the event when there is nothing I can do.

In future, if you wish to speak to me about my personal life, please do so via PM.

mellow.gif

its about balance surely? and surely its healthier to come on here and say 'i wanna distract' rather than 'im gonna do this'...

and yes it is important to think of others - u expect us to think of ur feelings yes? works both ways :) we have to accept that whilst we are responsible for our own feelings our actions DO have an impact on others. it isnt as black and white as 'think of me or think of everyone BUT me' - theres a whole heap - dare i say it - MIDDLE GROUND in there

lmfao. people are gonnna be in crisis and fucking who knows what fucking going on, but yeah jsut think of others.

you can still post sayin, i need to sh, i need help whats wrong with that?? nothing, try using some dbt/cbt skills and take some responsibility

maybe you should actually read what i have already said before telling me to say lies as they want me to do. i've already asked them to stop asking me to tell lies. you don't even obviously read the thread and just jump in with all this stuff that shows that you haven't. i am not going to tell lies when i am dying, and i already said i wouldn't even be fit to tell lies anyway. really really last thing i have to say on this site no matter what you respond with. good luck to you and good luck to you and your life

If I may be so bold.

Clearly there is going to be no mutually satisfactory resolution to this conflict so maybe locking this topic would be for the best and those who feel they have more to say can contact the moderators/administrators via the ticket system??

EDIT: Typo.

Hi guys,

Now that weve all had a bit of time to cool off and think this through I have reopened it,I have also moved it as the notice board is not really the place for discussions like these but more for as it says;notices.

Lets try to start over and have a civil discussion,I was wondering;I understand some of you guys really want to be able post about current SH and be helped during this time but can you understand why it may be difficut for members of this community to help in this situation?

Lilly

apparently i am a bad person for saying what i said about using skills.

sorry bout that, i still think people need to take responsibility for what they say in status etc, i wasnt saying take control of sh, for anyone who misjudged me! dry.gif i simply meant, if you are feeling bad, post before it gets to the stage of seeing these behaviours through, so you'r feeling bad, u wanna od, talk about it post about, instead of taking the od and then coming on here, and saying, then it gets removed and then you feel more worse.

thats all i meant but i suppose in anger i was blunt, and unfeeling, sorry

I would like to see people be able to post and talk about this.

I don't usually respond to those posts since it has been so long since I have actually done it. But I think it is the understanding that comes with not being judged or someone understanding the trigger before the SH that help people. I would hate to see that censored and people becoming more and more stifled and reactionary. It can be a real moment of clarity for work through and making connection with thoughts and behaviors.

As a far as people feeling inadequate, I don't know what to say except there are a million and one things to feel inadequate over. When I first came here I never replying to peoples posts at all because I felt inadequate at having an opinion that might affect someone when they were hurting. Slowly, I have learned to partiscipate more and feel more confident about it. So, I do think it is good to let people interact as much as they would do in real life and help each other where they can.

Would you in real life though be comfertable to go to a friend bleeding or something from self harm, could they deal with that?

Lilly

Would you in real life though feel comfertable to go to a friend bleeding or something from self harm, would you think they could deal with that?

Lilly

I have told a certain friend who understands these things, that I have OD'd and they have encouraged me and supported me to go and get approrpriate help for it. Something I wouldn't have felt able to do on my own.

Also, would it not be better to move this into the crisis section, the place to talk about SH etc, as it's hardly a 'light' topic, and I know I would not want to come across it by accident if I was trying to avoid such thoughts, or even thinking about it as a subject.

Sounds like a great friend!

But we cant do more here then that either,encourage to seek help,so why do you feel your current self harm needs to be mentioned for that? What does it add for you thats needed?

Lilly

I have told a certain friend who understands these things, that I have OD'd and they have encouraged me and supported me to go and get approrpriate help for it. Something I wouldn't have felt able to do on my own.

Its real great that on the occasion you refer to your friend was able to help you out and encourage you. The thing is should your friend suffer with the same issues you do, who is having a particually hard day that day and is feeling pretty emotionally down - would they be able to offer the same support to you then? Many people who suffer with mental health issues are good at putting others needs before their own but i think we all know this isnt great for our health.

Archived