Mental Health Forums

New Support Service

Joshua

so lots of change and lack of any sort of control over it. For some a BPD nightmare eh. Seems odd to me that this isnt recognised as a stressor or trigger to some. I go on other websites and they tell people before changes are made and also support people emotionally if they struggle with this change, here technical support seems top priority, truely saddened by this Josh, I had thought you might understand this.

so the new system sounds like it could be better but the way you have done it seems to lack some understanding of other people's ability to cope with change. I know that you dont like critisism and you have worked hard on this but could you just try to hear me and think about how you and mods and peer support could work together and plan these changes in future.

Christine - I struggle with change too - I think I'm having a bit of a wobble over it meself... but I think it's good on the whole.

I'm trying to look at it like this - am able to still post here and get support if i need to - it's just exposing myself to change, and the emotions that come with that change, and giving me a chance to study them and work through them, while still being able to recieve support within a safe environment.

xxx

I am struggling to get to grips with this to be honest. But things I have noticed while looking at the shout box is that Is it possible to have a little section to show who is there on the shout box bit like in chat? and also, when it is constantly refreshing automatically and your trying to read half way down to see what people are talking about as soon as it refreshes it takes you to the top again so you have to scroll to find where you was again to carry on reading it gets very frustrating as it only gives you a few seconds to read what has been said before refreshing.

Thanks

A x

Refreshing thing is being sorted as i mentioned...

Other things are to come, just give me a little time. Ive been working around the clock on making sure this system is something you all love.

Sorry, I didn't read the whole convo so didn't know you were sorting the refreshing thing out and we are very greatful for what you have been doing for us Josh.

A x

that jsut crap so if you cant deal with change and feeling pwoerless over something that is really important to you you should just accept it and try to deal with it ready or not.

Shit Shit, will go and do something to myself instead thats safer and you dont have to rely on anyone controlling you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

that jsut crap so if you cant deal with change and feeling pwoerless over something that is really important to you you should just accept it and try to deal with it ready or not.

Shit Shit, will go and do something to myself instead thats safer and you dont have to rely on anyone controlling you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying what I've just said is crap?

If so, I find that quite offensive, as it is my way of coping with change. you neither have to like it or accept it, simply accept that it is how I am choosing to deal with it - in a productive way as opposed to any number of destructive ways I could use. I didn't say that you had to adopt it, I was simply offering you a different way of looking at it.

that's okay, you're hurting, I undersand that. I wish you well, and hope you keep safe.

Wahey!!! Cheers Josh. Really appreciate all the work you've been putting in/are putting in to this place. xx

Josh I just refreshed the shout box and now I can no longer see the shout box? I have closed it and reopened it, relogged in and all that

This feature has been included to help you with the management of your life.

Having a mental health condition can be demanding on your time, with appointments to attend and treatment plans to follow.

This system enables you to keep all the details you need in one place.

Also can you change that to be less condescending, what happened to treating people with respect and as adults. What is the term see the person not the disability/illness.

Jamie

Archived