Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

just wanting a bit of clarification really... people (including me) are posting issues with the support system here on this thread still - like we was told to before, but it doesnt appear that anything is being done about the issues that we are hilighting here - are we right to keep on posting here, or should we be submitting tickets instead...

if anyone could tell me i would appreciate it...

thanks...

to recap my issues posted a page or so ago now - any chance of getting email notifications of PMs received in the new system and also the auto responder to PMs appears on my "about me" page when i try and set one, i can delete it, but it keeps coming back... (windows XP and firefox/chrome)

also one that i have mentioned a few times is that the feedback button on the support system opens a window to type in that is positioned off the screen and is static there so i can't scroll it over to type into it...

I have gone on the support system a few times and i don't understand it,Why are status updates on there and not on the forum?I don't know how to send a PM either.

I have not read 29 pages of this so excuse me if i have missed something.

Is it possible to move status updates to the main forum please?I find the support system so confusing sorry if i sound a pain.

Hi Aquata

The reason status updates were moved to the support system is because people were putting up statuses that could trigger eg about self harm etc. Also they could be read by anyone, not just members.

hope this helps

starry x

• Like 2

just wanting a bit of clarification really... people (including me) are posting issues with the support system here on this thread still - like we was told to before, but it doesnt appear that anything is being done about the issues that we are hilighting here - are we right to keep on posting here, or should we be submitting tickets instead...

if anyone could tell me i would appreciate it...

thanks...

to recap my issues posted a page or so ago now - any chance of getting email notifications of PMs received in the new system and also the auto responder to PMs appears on my "about me" page when i try and set one, i can delete it, but it keeps coming back... (windows XP and firefox/chrome)

also one that i have mentioned a few times is that the feedback button on the support system opens a window to type in that is positioned off the screen and is static there so i can't scroll it over to type into it...

ANYTHING ???????????????

remember Joshua, yuo ASKED us to feedback here, in fact i remember you had a go cos people WEREN'T reporting issues, so i think it is a lil off of you to ignore us when we do... i understand people have lives and you may be busy, but i am not a mind reader if that is the case then let me know and i will stop bugging you.

I browsed the last few pages.Josh members need help here,Can you please reply to them?

It is not nice being ignored.Thank you. x x x x x x x x x

Villan i hope you get this sorted. x x x x x x x

Hi Aquata

The reason status updates were moved to the support system is because people were putting up statuses that could trigger eg about self harm etc. Also they could be read by anyone, not just members.

hope this helps

starry x

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about that too. Didnt know everyone could read it.

Elke

Josh, why arent you replying to anyone's concerns anymore? why are you ignoring people?? I think you need to face up to the fact that your 'new system' hasn't really gone the way you had planned, people prefer the way things were before. People appreciate the efforts you have made to try and create a new system but unfortunately people are struggling to adapt to the change. Maybe you could apply all of the new things from the 'new system' back into this one????

I think this way a lot more members will be happier and benefit more from the forum. Unfortunately i have decided not to renew my membership on this forum because I feel that as 'members' our opinions are not valued or taken into account as they should be. On other websites i have visited, the members are always respected much more than they are on here and their opinions are ALWAYS taken into consideration and actioned when possible! not ignored!

It's really unfortunate what has happened to this forum, it used to be a really great place. I'm very disapointed with what's happened here.

I havent had the time to respond - My life has been hectic.

The tech I had, i havent heard from. I will need to find another one which i dont have the time to find.

I will respond further at such time my other commitments allow.

Appreciate the update, just to read that all is not dead in the water, but more like on the back burner. Thanks for being willing to say where you realistically are with this project.

*of course my only real concerns are having my blog back the way it was or +features to how it was, but that is a different topic all together.