Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

I haven't seen any of the suggestions put into practice or confirmed that you are considering them.

They are your improvements/changes not ours. I can't remember anyone saying get rid of messenger and put it on a completely different forum/website.

It's all as split as my head now.

If this was a free forum I would keep my mouth shut but I paid my £10 because I thought this place was great, the status updates, the PM's etc. One pays for something for the services and expects those services to remain.

Then to be frank you havent been looking. Many suggestions have been made and things have been done, im sure a few people will recognise that.

The services you state you paid for still remain just not in the same capacity they once existed.

To be honest Joshua, this site is now seriously confusing....so hardly surprising I may have missed something.

To be honest Joshua, this site is now seriously confusing....so hardly surprising I may have missed something.

If something is confusing its appropriate to seek support in order to aid you away from that confusion.

If something is confusing its appropriate to seek support in order to aid you away from that confusion.

Like having to ask how to submit a ticket because that's been taken away too?

Now, to submit a ticket you have to look for the member that has it in her sig.

Like having to ask how to submit a ticket because that's been taken away too?

Now, to submit a ticket you have to look for the member that has it in her sig.

Or write a post like many have. The helpdesk will also be a part of the new system.

i would like access to my old messages please. How dare you make a decision on whether or not to move them? Did you consider asking if people want access to them? It appears not.

If notice had been given, perhaps we could have archived them. Please move them over so we can at least do that.

If you have spent every night working on this Josh, why not keep people up to date with whats happening, rather than just wade in with changes? Surely if we had an idea of what was going on, you wouldn't be getting flak now.

i would like access to my old messages please. How dare you make a decision on whether or not to move them? Did you consider asking if people want access to them? It appears not.

If notice had been given, perhaps we could have archived them. Please move them over so we can at least do that.

If you have spent every night working on this Josh, why not keep people up to date with whats happening, rather than just wade in with changes? Surely if we had an idea of what was going on, you wouldn't be getting flak now.

Profiles and PM's are going to be done by the end of tomorrow...

Like I did over a week ago you mean?

Profiles and PMs are going to be done by tomorrow?

How does that translate as 'you might not access your old messages'?

blink.gif wow guys breath, its gonna take a while to sort things out surely, and josh only has one pair of hands to sort each persons query out. And as for old messages, they havent been deleted or thats what i believe, and as josh said he is considering moving them across. Give peeps a chance.

How does that translate as 'you might not access your old messages'?

It clearly states its a function that will be on the new system...

Posted Image wow guys breath, its gonna take a while to sort things out surely, and josh only has one pair of hands to sort each persons query out. And as for old messages, they havent been deleted or thats what i believe, and as josh said he is considering moving them across. Give peeps a chance.

Exactly right.

Seems people think the right amount of bashing makes things move all the quicker. When instead of doing things with that system im replying on here. Ive already stated moving them is something im considering.

Moving over PM's from here im considering - how does this 'clearly state it's a function that will be on the new system'?

Do you know what? Ive spent quite a while now listening to complaints about the status updates feature which ive spent days working on and today implemented. Not one comment has been made about how they find it etc...

This thread was for me to provide updates in relation to the progress with the system. It is not or at least was never meant to be a place for people to complain about many of the things im stating. You may add to the existing thread in general about that.

I say complaint because this can hardly be called constructive feedback.

Seems people think the right amount of bashing makes things move all the quicker. When instead of doing things with that system im replying on here. Ive already stated moving them is something im considering.

Bashing? Surely it's called having an opinion and 'feedback'

You shouldn't be considering, you should be assuring that our messages will have not been deleted and will be on the new system. (Even if we don't want them on there)

You shouldn't be considering, you should be assuring that our messages will have not been deleted and will be on the new system. (Even if we don't want them on there)

This is more about your expecations of what i should or shouldnt be doing rather than anything in fact.

ive just said to piuma i feel bad for havin a go at u...but i still cant access me messages! i know u have worked hard an i appreciate it :) still wana read me msgs tho hmph :P

ive just said to piuma i feel bad for havin a go at u...but i still cant access me messages! i know u have worked hard an i appreciate it :) still wana read me msgs tho hmph :P

They wont be back tonight...

This is more about your expecations of what i should or shouldnt be doing rather than anything in fact.

No, it's about being considerate and thinking morally about peoples feelings and respecting the fact that PM's could be very important to some people. This is why some people are giving out their email addresses and leaving.

Edited by ILostCharlotte
  • Like 2

okies ty for lettin me know- but they will b back at some point?! pie can read her msgs fink theres a glitch wiv the crossover dude xx

No, it's about being considerate and thinking morally about peoples feelings and respecting the fact that PM's could be very important to some people. This is why some people are giving out their email addresses and leaving.

I can consider and respect people's feelings in my own way but maybe not in a way that would satisfy every one's expectations.

okies ty for lettin me know- but they will b back at some point?! pie can read her msgs fink theres a glitch wiv the crossover dude xx

Not now you dobbed her in she cant :)

As i said im considering all the options.

We are not taking away PMs but while working on the PM system it is now down for a bit,can you not understand that sometimes maintenance can cause such things?

Lilly

That's not what we are upset about, we have clearly stated that Joshua's statement about 'considering' moving the messages across is what is upsetting. That's like playing with us.

Right I'm shutting up now, I am sure that'll please.