Mental Health Forums

Josh Or Lily* ?

Dice

Josh or Lily* I and a few of us, Were wondering why the setting for us to change our name's have gone??? As we can't find it, No where and it was only there a few day's ago when I changed mine...

Any reason why it has gone??? And are we going to get it back at all???

Im sorry but weve decided that from now on no-one will be able to change their name. It just gets so very confusing for us and we believe other members too when so many change.

Lily

wasnt the name change thing, part of your vip package, the extra bonus, that you can have up to 3 changes? what will replace that?

:o WHAT!!!

So I have to stick with being known as Die...

Oh my god!!! Why did you or Josh not post about this??? I think that is bad out of line for not even posting about it that it was being took off!!!

:mad0233:

so you sneakily removed a function which is part of a "paid for" subscription without telling anyone...?

i suspect it is more to do with the support system features that dont work proper cos of name changes... another reason to hate it !

agree with what everyone else said - this is a user led forum but it seems the admin like to change things without telling the members. or maybe josh is bored and fancies another load of kicking off <_<

I must admit, i do feel it is unfair to take this option away without mentioning it.

When someone changes their name, it's very easy to know who it is from their avatars and typing styles or profiles. Also there is the option to check for name changes on a persons profile if someone is a bit unsure as to who this person is.

I agree with Villan that this is probably more about the Support System, rather than confusion for yourselves and members as you stated.

Aurora :)

I think it is a great shame this facility has been removed. I don't find name changing confusing at all.

People's names often reflect their mood when joining, and to be stuck with it as they begin to feel bettter, I think could negatively impact on them.

If i see a name thats unfamiliar from someone with lots of posts the first thing i do is check the name change. so if i am ever confused, it doesnt last. its probably also nice for people who find changing there name makes them feel safer and some members might have chosen a name that described them but later on they feel theyve moved on from that description and want something new

it probably is confusing for some people so i can kind of see why they did it. but i do agree there should have been an announcement that it was going to happen as this gives people the chance to choose a name they will be happy to use for the rest of their time on the site

but its done now, we probably can't change it and most sites don't allow name changes so we can probably manage without them

I suppose if people do want to be known by a different name they could put it in there sig? maybe not everyone will use it but i will try to

Is there a :shrug: emoticon?

This is the kind of thing I'm getting too used to witnessing so my blood isn't exactly boiling... unfortunately.

It makes me sad when I think of how this place was a mere 12 months ago and how it is today. True, you were assured of the steady influx of newcomers to keep the site going. However, the fact that so much of the "backbone" gradually disappeared without a trace should have made you rethink your "grand plans" a long time ago.

To be honest, the main reason I still bob onto this site is out of morbid curiosity. Not the support, advice and fraternity which at one point, had quite the significant impact on my staying alive.

What the fuck Josh? What the fuck? :(

Normally have kept quiet about changes, as its good for life, to get used to changes...was willing to support the support forum, after 3 tickets about PMs not working....

but seriously removing the name function and then saying its to stop confusion.

you want to stop confusion, how about STOP CHANGING THE PARAMETERS OF THIS PLACE....

ok i wanna pos you all, but unfortunately dont have enough quota!!!

i think this is disgusting that you could change something thats part of a paid package, without so much as even a courtesy notice!!!!!

like emma said, you coulda given everyone the option to choose one name that they def wanted to stick with, and THEN put a stop to any changes!

but doing it behind our backs is just wrong!!!

i agree with corpse, this site has really gone down hill, and if it wernt for all the lovely friends i have on here, i certainly wouldnt come here anymore!!! dry.gif

id had so many probs since the new system... of which have either just been completely ignored by yourselves, or you have taken forever to fix!!!

would love to show my annoyance in emotitions... but hey you STILL havnt fix that prob either, so im stuck with only being able to put 2 in a post!!!!! mad.gif

I don't understand why an announcement, or email, or some form of notification about this was not issued in advance.

As a person with bpd, and a shifting sense of identity, the facility to 'name change' was one I liked. And it was always an option ... until now.

I don't find other members name changes confusing.

Re-naming yourself can be a positive thing, to leave behind an old 'identity' and embrace maybe a kinder or softer attitude.

Plus to remove part of the 'vip package' without telling us, until someone finds out and posts about it, seems incendiary to say the least.

If you guys in admin genuinely had a problem with name-changing, I really don't understand why you would not tell us in advance, instead of changing it and then waiting for people to react???

am

Hi,

Guys Im really sorry we didnt post about this,I think Josh thought I would and I thought he would....

With the changes of late the VIP packages etc have been modified,this has been posted about in the new system thread I believe and you can see there the name-change option was taken out but there are other features added.

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/support/substriptions

If anybody feels they have an important reason to want a namechange you can request it by ticket and we will consider it carefully.

Lily

purpley, the emoticons....

u can put more emotes in if u type in the shortcuts rather than pressing the emote u can put as many as u like in :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have no clue how to send in a bloody ticket!!! I want my old name back as being made to kept Die is making me believe my para is real and Josh want's me to die o.O...

purpley, the emoticons....

u can put more emotes in if u type in the shortcuts rather than pressing the emote u can put as many as u like in :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

toastie thanx hun, but how do i know what the shortcuts are???? blink.gif

i still dont understand though anyway, as before the new system i could post as many emotes as i wanted, now if i try posting more than 2 it says 'you have posted more images than you are allowed to' mad.gif

I have no clue how to send in a bloody ticket!!! I want my old name back as being made to kept Die is making me believe my para is real and Josh want's me to die o.O...

i agree that dice should be given her old name back!

:) :) :) :)

oh yeh it works like that... thanx toastie!! :D

still its a long winded way of doing it, and would still appreciate it being fixed... thanx

Have fixed it for you dice and for future reference on top click the tab support to send in a ticket.

Lily

Archived