Mental Health Forums

Annoyed At Notice Board

miss.smiff

i'm sorry that someone said you have an agenda. i know it's hard but please try to take a step back and not let it hurt so much x

Hi cats didnt see this till now,it is a good idea indeed and a while back we did something like that we asked people that if they could to donate more as we where out of money to keep things going. But not many people did and Josh just payed lots out of his own pocket.

Lily

Hi cats didnt see this till now,it is a good idea indeed and a while back we did something like that we asked people that if they could to donate more as we where out of money to keep things going. But not many people did and Josh just payed lots out of his own pocket.

Lily

Perhaps ask again and make a way that everyone can use everything as that is a good incentive for people to pay or help. I couldn't afford to pay but I sure have time to help. :)

were talking about 1 pound a month here.....or 10 a year......

Everybody interested in helping out please pm me.

Lily

Lily i sent you another message,Can you please reply.

I could send some money Lily, not much but some. would you take cash or a cheque? and if so where can i send it to?

You all want to have a say but less then 1% of you guys is willing to pay sponsorship or help out.

I would have paid for another year IF it was still a charity and IF we had been given somewhere a breakdown of what the money was spent on. To say it was just spent on the forum/website was not good enough in my view.

I am not willing to pay £10 to get statuses and send PM's when it wouldn't cost £10 software to do that. Far better to pay £10 and get some kind of conference, phone support, days out, magazine etc etc. Which is possible as I know another website/charity that does it and we always get a financial breakdown of where the money goes and monies in and monies out. Not on here though??

hmmm Your response irritated me a little charlotte, and I negged you.

but

After a think, I think you might have a point on something, sooo, i retract my neg, and i will come back to this after a little more thinking!

well maybe that website has a fulltime owner who is not also a full time dad

and works full time?i think its unrealistic to expect 1 person(joshua)to have all this time to let us know the in goings and outgoings ect.

its great you have that on the other website but it doesnt mean its possible here.

well maybe that website has a fulltime owner who is not also a full time dad

and works full time?i think its unrealistic to expect 1 person(joshua)to have all this time to let us know the in goings and outgoings ect.

its great you have that on the other website but it doesnt mean its possible here.

but does it mean that this website necessarily costs more to run than the other where she gets more for her money? just posing the question, that i don't think it's necessarily just about how much time the person has x

no but im saying a lot is expected ie: time to let everybody know everything.

i wasnt talking about the amount of money.

but really does it matter if it was a way of earning money? I dont actually know what the money goes on, but to be honest I do not care, you pay for things all the time in life, why does it mean so much to some? IM not sure where I stand on this, and i think people expect way to much for basically nothing.

I also think that some people just want and take everything for granted. I also wonder what makes people keep coming back here, when they clearly are not happy

I also think that some people just want and take everything for granted. I also wonder what makes people keep coming back here, when they clearly are not happy

Only not happy with certain things pie, so I'm perfectly entitled to come back.

I think it is reasonable to ask where your £10 goes. Yes we do pay for stuff all the time in life but we know what we are paying for. I feel like you are sort of saying, "if you want to know what costs how much then don't use this site" which is a really unreasonable thing to say. Daisyduck I think if you are charging for a service then you do have to make the time to explain what you are charging for as you would with anything else in life this whole argument seems asthough some people are making out the owner is doing something bad because they are asking where the money goes. But they aren't saying the owner does anything wrong they just want to know what they are paying for!

Maybe the money is going towards paying for the site?Forums are not cheap to run.What is the difference between a VIP sponsor and a sponsor?

no catseyes i was saying, if people dont like the site, why do they keep coming back... wish people wouldnt try to read between the lines, they are invariably wrong!

cant really remember - i used to refer to the bpdworld parent site

where there is a compare member tarrifs link

but it appears to be dead :( now

i think vips get longer to edit posts and more mailbox storage... as well as stuff through the post. well they did when i joined years ago... i got Josh's book...

but things have changed so i am not sure that i am not talking utter claptrap...

i might be wrong but i think to be a VIP sponsor is a sponsor who's been a member for a long time and / or has over a certain amount of posts. may be wrong though x

no catseyes i was saying, if people dont like the site, why do they keep coming back... wish people wouldnt try to read between the lines, they are invariably wrong!

I think your response to ilostcharlotte was quite unkind really sort of saying she hasn't rights to ask, and I am disagreeing with you because I believe she does have rights to ask. If you charge for any service you can be expected to explain where that money goes. Someone said it wouldn't cost £10 a year per member to run this site I don't know costs and all that but I think that is a valid point and for a mod to say what you did then complain about reading between the lines is not really on in my opinion. I give my time here like you do so I don't appreciate the tone of your reply like I am being stupid or something. If you were randomly saying" people that don't like the site don't need to come here" which is obvious why did you direct it to ilostcharlotte?

i found what the difference is on the support site - well what it was as 7th april... dunno if still current:

VIP sponsors

-User dashboard

-Letters

-User letters

-Diary

-Crisis plan

-View blog

-Create blog

-Resource

-Quote of the day

-Medication reminder

-Therapy aids

-Send private messages

Sponsors

-User dashboard

-Diary

-Crisis plan

-View blog

-Create blog

-Resource

-Quote of the day

-Medication reminder

-send private messages

Members

-User dashboard

-Diary

-Crisisplan

-resource

-Quote of the day

-Medication reminder

-Send private messages

it WAS

£1 a month or £10 a year for sponsor

or

£30 for VIP sponsor for a year - but as i said that included Josh's book, a CD and loads of other stuff sent in post...

and yes there are free upgrades to sponsor and vip sponsor for post count and time served...

from BPD world site...

Members who are loyal to the site will get a free upgrade to either sponsor or VIP Sponsor group.

Qualifying criteria:

3000 posts - Sponsor OR

5000 posts - VIP Sponsor OR

Member for 2 years - Sponsor OR

Member for 3 years - VIP Sponsor

i found what the difference is on the support site - well what it was as 7th april... dunno if still current:

VIP sponsors

-User dashboard

-Letters

-User letters

-Diary

-Crisis plan

-View blog

-Create blog

-Resource

-Quote of the day

-Medication reminder

-Therapy aids

-Send private messages

Sponsors

-User dashboard

-Diary

-Crisis plan

-View blog

-Create blog

-Resource

-Quote of the day

-Medication reminder

-send private messages

Members

-User dashboard

-Diary

-Crisisplan

-resource

-Quote of the day

-Medication reminder

-Send private messages

Thanks Villan :)

so members can send pm's?

Villan just said she doesn't know if it's still current :)

Archived