Mental Health Forums

Annoyed At Notice Board

miss.smiff

These can only be used by sponsors,

They were free before. Has the cost of maintaining them gone up?

Should anyone misuse the system (as it was misused before) they will no longer have access to this feature.

If misuse was the ONLY reason they were taken down in the first place, wouldn't it have been easier to have implemented this rule all those months ago?

Status updates will also show in posts. Your see this for yourself….

Why? We already have signatures and as mentioned elsewhere, having a crisis status on a happy post and visa versa is just plain daft. Please get rid.

I have brought back the forum blogs, as always they will only be accessed by sponsors.

Another backtrack.

I have increased security so that trolls and spammers should be less frequent.

Really? This isn't something I would personally proclaim as there is no failsafe troll prevention method. Besides I can already see a few dormant troll accounts fluttering arond.

Pm's on the forum can again be used by sponsors.

Something else which was prevously free.

The support system will remain and will continue to be developed in the future.

And good luck with that. If it's something that proves to be greatly beneficial and not an inconvenience then I will partake. However, it isn't what attracted me to this site in the first place so don't be disappointed if I or others are not as excited about it as you are.

Hello, Im with bluehairedgirl, Im fairly new here too. I red the post in the notice board and felt a little uneasy but realised it was about the past so to speak.

I think the guys here are doing a brilliant job! And this site has helped me loads! I also think the support system is a brilliant idea :)

Ollie

I'm kinda disapointed that only paid members can use status updates, but saying that I can live with it as I do really like this site and find people here kind and supporting.

i'm with you there manja cos cwp has put across some perfectly valid OPINIONS that may be taken as personal critisism. when i tried to voice my own opinion all those months ago i was made to feel intimidated and manipulated and as such do not use this site as much now as i did then. also many of my friends on here were treated appallingly for holding different views and have since left the site

regards

nic

edit: spelling

i'm with you there manja cos cwp has put across some perfectly valid OPINIONS that may be taken as personal critisism. when i tried to voice my own opinion all those months ago i was made to feel intimidated and manipulated and as such do not use this site as much now as i did then. also many of my friends on here were treated appallingly for holding different views and have since left the site

regards

nic

edit: spelling

i have no positives left but wanted to say i agree. i no longer speak my opinion on any of this kind of stuff because there isn't any point.

I understand where you're coming from Josh you indeed went to a lot of trouble to make this a better site. However honestly it was great the way it was before the change. We could do status updates for those who liked to,we could pm each other and we could Submit A Ticket by simply clicking on the spot up top saying Submit A Ticket. Once the site changed it became very hard to figure out how to do anything for so many people and I understand this is why so mant got upset. Insulting you and the Staff was uncalled for though because you're only trying to do your best to show us all you care enough about us to upgrade your site to what you thought was better. I thank you for at least trying. By the way how do we Submit a Ticket now? And why are our status updates hiding part of our post we do?

Miss Smiff Im sure Josh will read this some time today and make note of your oipinion.

Cats yes you can,have you tried PMing me via the supportpage? You should be able to do that,then we can discuss things further.

Lily

Hi Lily

I have sent you a PM.

I'm kinda disapointed that only paid members can use status updates,

Not wanting to get into middle of anything here,

but just to clarify for others - non payment members obviously can use status update -

as yours is showing on your post Jules, from 28th June this year

which is when it was brought back.

x

but just to clarify for others - non payment members obviously can use status update -

x

No obviously they can't Josh said it's for paid members, that's why I can't change what's written on my post, I had a status for one day....

Actually, I do have a few thoughts...................

Since BPDWorld is no longer a registered charity the term "Sponsor" no longer seems relevant. Perhaps "Client" or "Investor" might be more appropriate?

And following the same theme, since paying members are now essentially customers their opinions should be of more value than they have been in the past.

Just some thoughts...............

x

No obviously they can't Josh said it's for paid members, that's why I can't change what's written on my post, I had a status for one day....

I stand corrected :bottom:

x

Since BPDWorld is no longer a registered charity the term "Sponsor" no longer seems relevant. Perhaps "Client" or "Investor" might be more appropriate?

And following the same theme, since paying members are now essentially customers their opinions should be of more value than they have been in the pas

t.

The forums were never a charity, they were and are mine.

A companies focus is on customers and making cash. I couldnt give a damn! This site is here as long as people benefit from it, I dont do it for my health.

In respect to opinions being valued, they are but that doesent mean i will hop to it every time someone isnt happy with something

The forums were never a charity, they were and are mine.

In respect to opinions being valued, they are but that doesent mean i will hop to it every time someone isnt happy with something

The first says it all.

As for the second, I never suggested you should "hop to it every time someone isn't happy with something". But this is just a typical response from you Josh. I've stated my thoughts and opinions in a calm and measured way and you've hit back with a strop.

And you wonder why people then respond in kind?

just because you believe im having a strop that doesent mean i am indeed having one.

I have never labelled this forum as anything else. Members come and go, what stays is me. 8 years now.

First line of the terms - Mental Health World forums are owned by Joshua Cole.

Bottom line of the forums - Licensed to: Joshua Cole

just because you believe im having a strop that doesent mean i am indeed having one.

I have never labelled this forum as anything else. Members come and go, what stays is me. 8 years now.

First line of the terms - Mental Health World forums are owned by Joshua Cole.

Bottom line of the forums - Licensed to: Joshua Cole

You've made your point Joshua, I won't be drawn into a deeper discussion with you because you seem fixated on ownership of a community which, quite frankly, borders on dictatorship.

Congratulations on your 8 years, you're very dedicated.

I, however, shall be one of those members you care so little about who shall be going.

When will people get it, Josh is the boss of this site, Whether people like it or not, What he does to the site with updating or whatever, He has the last word on it...

So if people don't like it, Then* why stay here??? No one is making you stay, Nor making you pay to use this site... You pick whether to pay or not and they same with staying on here...

Bimo could it be that you are interpreting what Josh is saying negatively when you read it as it is its just a reasonable statement I think.

Lily

Bimo could it be that you are interpreting what Josh is saying negatively when you read it as it is its just a reasonable statement I think.

Lily

Possibly Lily, yes, but if so then Joshua has done the same with my comments.

You've made your point Joshua, I won't be drawn into a deeper discussion with you because you seem fixated on ownership of a community which, quite frankly, borders on dictatorship.

Congratulations on your 8 years, you're very dedicated.

I, however, shall be one of those members you care so little about who shall be going.

Never said i didnt care. Yes its been called a dictatorship before, cant say i agree.

Fixated on ownership? No i dont agree with this either. I do wish to be clear about ownership of the forums but no im not fixated. Should no one find a use for the forums and should this place not be filling such a need - the place wouldnt be here.

Dice - Bottom line yes. It comes down to choices..

8 Years is a very long time, I like to think its lasted that long because of some good choices, patience and a having a good idea about where the line is.

Bimo you are asuming that Joshua's first post that you responded to was a direct post to only you when there are dozens of posters in this thread and as you may imagine havng seen others post his annnoyance is not directed at you. But a general comment.

Lily

Archived