Mental Health Forums

Insurance

verbena

I am very lucky, I guess, that my husband's job provides insurance for 20 visits/year for mental health. When I was experiencing occasional bouts of depression, this was great, however now that my situation has changed and doesn't seem to be getting better, I am faced with having to pay $140/visit out of pocket. How do the rest of you cover your therapy costs?

Verbena

my insur pays 30 visits a year. i was seeing my t 2xweek so needless to say i am in the pay zone now. he cut his fee to $80. fortunately we have the money (altho i would probably be better off buying a new car... more to show for it). I also cut down to seeing him once a week and doing a group therapy once a week that they have kindly cut down to 30 a week. the alternative would be to go to the mental health center but with our income i would have to pay full price there so i might as well stay where i am. does any of this make any sense? anyway i am going for now but i feel it is constantly up in the air.

bets

My husband has no job, nor do I. That means no benefits of any kind. I went to the mental health clinic Betsy mentioned and finally finished my intake today. I only have to pay 5%, which is the lowest on the sliding scale. I'll never pay more than $5.50 for anything. It'll still be a stretch for us but I'm sure we'll make it.

I pay nothing when I go to the state, I get my meds free even. Thet send me a bill but I dont have money to pay.I pay $10 fer therapy at the University. It was $30 before hubby lost his job

My therapy is approximately 1,000 a month plus medication at $5.00 per prescription. My husband has it taken out of his retirement check automatically. So that doesn't leave us with much in the end. Sometimes I have to go without my meds but I deal with it the best I can. Therapy is like a money pit.......

u got that right, it is also a damed if you do damned if you dont situation. what good is keeping your money if your dead,

bets

You don't beat around the bush Bets. You say what you really mean! I wish more people were that way instead of saying things like "Well, I think you know what I am talking about" or I think you already know the answer to that question".

Verbena

Archived