Mental Health Forums

"i'd Like To Do More Than Survive - I'd Like To Rub It In Your Face. Oh!"

CrippleAndStarfish

So, despite the crap i've received from L's shit of a father this morning (see topic in Parents) .....

This is what today has consisted of so far.......

Logan was brilliant through the night, as he woke up and made it to the loo in time twice, which is great when you consider that it's a new house, with a new layout, and also that he's not used to staying here yet, and he's had a bit of difficulty with staying dry through the night at my mum's aswell - so we put a gold star on his chart for a dry night.

He got another gold star for helping me with breakfast - we had weetabix with yoghurt and strawberries which he prepared himself - put in bowl, cut up strawberries, poured yoghurt on top, apple juice which he poured into our breakfast glasses (i have the coolest Toy Story glasses, made super thick and pretty much shatter-resistant as they're special kids ones, which I think I may actually love more than he does!! ), he put the breakfast muffins in the toaster after i'd sliced them, i took them out, and he buttered them and carried them to the table.

He got himself dressed - chose his entire outfit himself, and then helped me choose what top to wear too.

I made a few phonecalls - one to doctors to check prescription had been collected by pharmacist, one to the Benefits Advice Office to inform them that I was calling in today, and one to mum to say that me and L were going into town, did she need anything?

We walked into town, called into benefits office to confirm date that i moved in here, did a bit of a shop, got a few bits for mum, then nipped into asda, where I found the Citizencard application forms that I needed. Got some food while I was there, and decided to treat myself to some custard dohnuts - they were only 60p for five! *is amazed*

On way back from town, I called into the chemist to collect my week's prescription, and then into the doctors next door to fill out a change of adress form.

Got the bus from outside doctors to my mum's to drop L off, did a bit of ironing there for mum, collected my post and then I got the bus back home.

I'm now sitting at the table with the kitchen door open letting some fresh air in, have got simmering granules filling the air with the most gorgeous scents, sipping a blackcurrant tea, having a cheeky ciggie, and waiting for a friend to call by on her way from picking her little one up from the playgroup round the corner.

I'm gunna call round to nana's once they've left and put a load of washing on, then come home and do some canvas art - bought superglue and a couple packs of chunky crayons from the pound shop, and i'm gunna glue the crayons in the order of the rainbow across the top of the canvases, and then melt the crayons with a hairdrier so that the colours run down the canvas.

Tonight, i'm gunna do myself a nice meal, and then sit and watch a dvd - I went into Grainger Games today and bought 3 dvds that I have owned, but that L ruined when he got his grubby mitts on them a year or so ago. I finally got round to replacing them today, and only spent £7 in total, so i'm rather pleased. I got X-Men, X-Men 2, and Hellboy. :)

xxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a good day Crippie, well done both of you :D Your canvases sound lovely, you'll have to show us pictures when you're done ^_^ Enjoy the rest of your day lovely xxxx

Wow - you have been a busy bee and hearing about your day is lovely especially the bit with L :wub:

You are doing so well and you should be very, VERY proud of yourself.

xxxx

Edit - ooo yes would love to see the canvas when you've done it - very creative xxxx

hehe thanks Shadow sweetie :D

I knew you'd want to hear about my good day ;) I'll be sure to post piccies.... ooh, i still owe you guys new home pics too! Memory like a seive, but I will get round to it. Pwomise :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

wow sounds like a fab day... and you've been so busy... you put me to shame, i went to one appt and then went back to bed lol :P

and L sounds so adorable! :D

thankyouuu Cats m'lovely. :)

I am rather proud of myself, actually. ....must whisper that bit, don't wanna jinx it! :)

I've just had a phonecall from L - he's gone into my mum's work for a couple of hours this afternoon (she's the co-manager of a local Out-Of-School childcare thingymabob) - saying that he had a "rrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyy lavvley toime" with me last night and today, and told me to not forget to put juice in the ice-lolly moulds that he chose from town today, ready for him coming over tomorrow. It's a good job he rang, because I would have forgotten! They stayed in the shopping bag and shoved under the stairs until i could be bothered to put the stuff away lol!

xxxxxxxx

Hehe, thanks Manja sugar, but i haven't put you to shame - I know how bloody difficult it can be to get our backsides to appointments, and how utterly draining they can be at times too, so well done on going! I hope it went well?

And L is adorable, he really is :')

xxxxxxxxxxxx

it was good hun. i had a joint meeting with my CPN and my Occupational Health Adviser from work, to help sort out how much paid work i can do, while still getting to do my 'get well' work done. basically what my phased return work will be. and they're both fab so it was really productive :)

please keep telling us L stories. he is way too cute x

PS run out of like points so waiting for the likes points fairy to come by and give me some more - I think you deserve at least 10 for this nay 100!!!! xx

PS run out of like points so waiting for the likes points fairy to come by and give me some more - I think you deserve at least 10 for this nay 100!!!! xx

even though there's a few changes i don't like, i guess the fact that you can 'unlike' a post you've previously liked might come in handy if it works as a points fairy, if a post that warrants it more comes along lol. we'll see x

even though there's a few changes i don't like, i guess the fact that you can 'unlike' a post you've previously liked might come in handy if it works as a points fairy, if a post that warrants it more comes along lol. we'll see x

i know this is all a little off topic but i checked this and it works :)

Manja, wow! I'm really glad, it does sound like a really productive appointment, i'm made up for you hunni. xxxx

And LOL I'm sure once L has moved in with me properly there will be tonnes of stories i'll be sharing - he's such a funny little chap, and got a serious case of the smarts too :).

I text Bimo about this t'other day and we had a bit of a LOL about it - L stayed over on Monday night too and on Tues morning he was racing round the room with a little Woody figure (from Toy Story) sat on top of this Hot Wheels Ford Mustang that we got a couple days before (God bless Poundland gems!! haha) , whizzing him round the room at top speed (the back room has been knocked through to front room so is just one big one) and making Woody sing "summat summat do is ride around Sally. Riiiiiide Sally, ride!!" at the top of his lungs. Clearly L decided his version of Mustang Sally was the better one. :) He's just adorable, he really is.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Emo - thankyouuu, I'm sure I shall do. Oh, and you'd have to fight me for it! ....or at least gimme a cookie :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

i know this is all a little off topic but i checked this and it works :)

Woo! We've finally got a way to trick the points fairy! Awwwwwwwweeessssommeeeeeee!!!

xxxxxx

Manja, wow! I'm really glad, it does sound like a really productive appointment, i'm made up for you hunni. xxxx

And LOL I'm sure once L has moved in with me properly there will be tonnes of stories i'll be sharing - he's such a funny little chap, and got a serious case of the smarts too :).

I text Bimo about this t'other day and we had a bit of a LOL about it - L stayed over on Monday night too and on Tues morning he was racing round the room with a little Woody figure (from Toy Story) sat on top of this Hot Wheels Ford Mustang that we got a couple days before (God bless Poundland gems!! haha) , whizzing him round the room at top speed (the back room has been knocked through to front room so is just one big one) and making Woody sing "summat summat do is ride around Sally. Riiiiiide Sally, ride!!" at the top of his lungs. Clearly L decided his version of Mustang Sally was the better one. :) He's just adorable, he really is.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Emo - thankyouuu, I'm sure I shall do. Oh, and you'd have to fight me for it! ....or at least gimme a cookie :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

aw i so would love to meet him. you need to make videos and email them to us hehe :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwww too cute xx

Archived