Mental Health Forums

Say A Prayer For London.

CaTsEyEs

hants police say that there were calls for riots on social networking things but they didnt amount to anything...

for once i am glad i live in an area where the people just cba to get involved...

Vilian,

I actually hope the government and police officers do what they said they would do and investigate all these shit stirrers on social networking sites, I read they are going to target the twitter users that updated and coordinated the attacks and lootings as they aided and abetted these criminals

no dont say a prayer. say thank you. for standing up and starting what needs to be done. now it needs direction.

eh?????

am i interpreting this correctly??

no dont say a prayer. say thank you. for standing up and starting what needs to be done. now it needs direction.

are you sure your replying to the right topic Paul, if so you need to go and have a lay down and a good think about your statement. I live right in the middle of all of this, with my one year old daughter.

The government has fucked up, and so have the police, I've just been for a walk down the market to get some veg for our dinner, Why don't you get your self down here, and come for a walk with me and tell the shop keepers and residents that have had the small businesses and homes burnt and smashed up that " It needed to be done" ............fucking armchair anarchists

I agree with everyone else on here- just how sad and sickening it all is.

Did anyone see the video that the Sky News reporter took? That stupid cow with her hoodie up said she was doing it to "reclaim her taxes". Stupid bitch. We are all going to be paying for these mindless thugs vandalism.

Having been born and brought up in London, I feel strongly about this and how angry it makes me to see shops etc being burnt or looted. Peoples livelihoods! Also upset for those that now live there- really hope everyone stays safe.

Think I'm going to throw my stupid Blackberry phone at the wall after hearing the thugs are communicating via Blackberry messenger (I do believe some are on FB and Twitter however).

I am boiling with anger at the damage these chavs and thugs have caused, and angry for the people whos lives and livelihoods they have destroyed. I would like to say a few final words about them, but wont as undoubtedly I will be reported.

Hugs to everyone affected by this.

EDIT: Oh and Paul C- I suggest, as marc says, you SERIOUSLY look at what you have said; think it comes across as damn right insulting and rude for those directly affected.

What does this mean?If it means what I think it means please stay off this topic,People are hurting,Many buisnesess are being destroyed and are afraid to even go out and you think it's ok?Are you some kind of TROLL?

Homes are being destroyed, businesses are being burnt, jobs are being lost, and lives are being changed.

There is no point to any of it.

Paul_C I appreciate you are looking at it from a different angle - but the fact is the rioters aren't doing it for anything other than greed.

And I dont think its right to manipulate that into something else.

Honeyflower, I dont know Paul_C's reasoning, but I do understand a lot of people are annoyed with life under the ConDems, and their cuts, a common way to react is to riot for change - my thought is that perhaps that is what he means.

I dont think its fair to label people a troll for having a different opinion.

My husband was just telling me that these youths, although some of them are not young see this as an uprising akin to the minors or punks. That is utter rubbish. This is an uprising against Ikea! This is people stealing, burning and violating the laws of this land that most live by thank the Lord. These people would not comprehend capitalism they have no cause or morals. They are criminals, they are not to be confused with anarchists.

Homes are being destroyed, businesses are being burnt, jobs are being lost, and lives are being changed.

There is no point to any of it.

Paul_C I appreciate you are looking at it from a different angle - but the fact is the rioters aren't doing it for anything other than greed.

And I dont think its right to manipulate that into something else.

Honeyflower, I dont know Paul_C's reasoning, but I do understand a lot of people are annoyed with life under the ConDems, and their cuts, a common way to react is to riot for change - my thought is that perhaps that is what he means.

I dont think its fair to label people a troll for having a different opinion.

As one of my friends said:

"If you are angry at the police, then why arent you attacking a police station, or parliament? These people do know that David Cameron and the Police DONT live out the back of Foot Locker, dont they?"

Thats because these riots now have nothing to do with politics and everything to do with enjoying a good bit of violence and getting a free telly into the bargain. If they were political, we'd see more people in Westminster and far, FAR less walking out of Carphone Warehouse grinning over their new, free I-Phone.

There is a vein of human nature that delights in destruction. Sometimes it just finds a way out, and has no need to drape itself in the colours of a cause. Sometimes people just like hurting each other. I can defo relate to the view on politics and whats going on with our planet, but I dont believe for a nanosecond that any one of those hoodie wearing pukes has even the vaguest notion of anything more complex than where their next pair of trainers is coming from.

It might have started, 3 days ago, with meaning - but that evaporated.

Edited comment as part of it could have looked inflammatory ...

As much as this whole thing disgusts me, peoples livelihoods and homes burned and destroyed, lives disrupted. Everywhere i've lived and gone out in London has been affected by this and it saddens me to see it happen.

But i'm not surprised and i'm not even shocked. This kind of thing has been a long time coming and i honestly believe it will get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.

I guess if we needed any further evidence of the intelligence levels of those involved...

Well read anarchists and educated revolutionaries they are not!

HULK SMASH BRELLA

**fwomp**

HULK SAAAAAD

Vilian,

I actually hope the government and police officers do what they said they would do and investigate all these shit stirrers on social networking sites, I read they are going to target the twitter users that updated and coordinated the attacks and lootings as they aided and abetted these criminals

I think Twitter should be shut down until all of this is over.

Vilian,

I think Twitter should be shut down until all of this is over.

I don't really understand Twitter, yes I know that will shock you Villan! But it was saying on the news that people couldn't be traced via Twitter, is that right?

Disgraceful just got back from hospital and its started again where I live. It's horrible.

Keep yourself safe sweets xxxx

i am actually using twitter to follow hants police and my local city police atm

cos they are quashing all the rumours flying about

which is important to me atm cos there is a big fire in nearby town that was worrying me

anyway, if they shut twitter, they would use fb, if they shut fb, they would use etc etc etc

i am actually using twitter to follow hants police and my local city police atm

cos they are quashing all the rumours flying about

which is important to me atm cos there is a big fire in nearby town that was worrying me

anyway, if they shut twitter, they would use fb, if they shut fb, they would use etc etc etc

yeah true they'll always find a way around stuff xx

Archived