Mental Health Forums

Cooking And Eating Properly :)

catsmother21

I think I'll do mushrooms and chick peas cos hubby doesn't like artichokes (I do though) but no good doing something he doesn't like. Let me know how it tastes Fedup? :)

Hmmmmmmmm! Now I want to hear more about your travels!!! Hang on, gonna start another thread re: travelling. If you care to elaborate, please post! And please keep slinging the recipes in here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I spent almost a year and a half traveling around India and Pakistan,most of the time living with local families or just sleeping in a barn with the animals,so I learned how to cook traditional food .....got a shit load of great Indian veggie recipes for you malnourished veggies :cheff:

Oh that is the best way to see a country - live and eat with the locals and then you get the real culture and the real food - cannot understand people who go to gorgeous places and eat fish and chips and drink english beer - sorry if this insults anyone but I like to learn about and live the life of the country. :)

I think I'll do mushrooms and chick peas cos hubby doesn't like artichokes (I do though) but no good doing something he doesn't like. Let me know how it tastes Fedup? :)

Jerusalem artichokes are nothing like regular artichokes, they are more like a potato,they have a very nice nutty flavor not that hard to get either, I buy em in Sainsburys

I like them but hubby doesn't. When my brother came up in May we went to a restaurant and he had a veggie pasta with Jerusalem artichokes and I thought afterwards ooo that's an ingredient I can use in something but he told me he didn't like them!! Arrgh he's such a fussy eater but so are his parents and I think that's where he's got it from. There's so much stuff that I like that I can't eat anymore but I shouldn't complain cos he is lovely in every other way. :wub:

simple answer to that is.....dont tell him that they are in there, ....then see what he thinks.

I told jades one time that ox tongue is sooooooooooo nice, well.....she was nearly sick there and then, and was banging on about how nasty that tastes ,

I made a sandwich with it in a few days later, and she was saying thats so good, is that pastrami ?......no its ox tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

oooo never had a banana crumble before! I love crumbles reminds me of being a kid and collecting the gooseberries and rhubarb from my nan and grandad's garden to make crumbles and pies with :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH Banana crumble is ace, I'll put up my crumble topping recipie and a few ideas for filling later if you'd like. xxxx (notice i'm using even x's for you now)

I've slipped with this a bit for the last few days but getting myself back on track again today.

Today we are having Cauldron Lincolnshire sausages, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, asparagus, baby carrots and swede and yorkshire puddings and gravy :)

I dont want to sound like a stalker catsmother and actually i'm really scared of eating outside my home but this thread really makes me want to come round to yours for dinner!

I dont want to sound like a stalker catsmother and actually i'm really scared of eating outside my home but this thread really makes me want to come round to yours for dinner!

You are welcome any time you like sweets - we'll make a time machine so we can transport you here in a second and then you don't have to go out!! :) xx

I had my courgette fritters for dinner tonight. They are so easy to make and are soooooooooooo yummy.

One large courgette (around 200-230grms) will make about 7-8

For each courgette you will need:

one egg ,beaten

40-50g of hard cheese grated , Grano Padano is best

3-4 tbsp of plain flour

salt and pepper

Coarsely grate the courgette,then put it in a clean tea towel and twist it in a ball to squeeze out as much liquid as you can, if you dont do this, they will fall apart in the pan.

put everything in a big bowl and mix it up well.

Heat up a large frying pan with enough veg oil to cove the bottom of the pan.

then take an egg sized amount of the mixture shape it into a ball and put it in the pan, they will flatten out, and after a few second just try and get your spatula under the edge a bit.cook 3 or 4 at a time for around 3 mins on each side, dont have the heat blasting , if its too hot they just burn on the outside.

so easy and sooo yummy.

mmmmmmm shall I share my chilli and onion jam recipe to go with em :cheff:

marc have you ever been to Rosie's Deli in Brixton?? I have a cookery book from there which is lovely, I keep meaning to visit the actual deli though xxxxxxxxxx

marc have you ever been to Rosie's Deli in Brixton?? I have a cookery book from there which is lovely, I keep meaning to visit the actual deli though xxxxxxxxxx

No I've not been there. I've just had a little look at her web site.Looks yum.Will have to get my shots and passport stamped and head south of the river soon to check it out

Hi Marc

We are having your courgette fritters for our dinner tonight - just about to go to supermarket and get ingredients and you're right so easy! :) Thanks for sharing :) xx

Hi Marc

We are having your courgette fritters for our dinner tonight - just about to go to supermarket and get ingredients and you're right so easy! :) Thanks for sharing :) xx

if you want to make the chilli jam i'll put up the recipe a little later, so get a rew green chillis, 4 onions garlic and soft dark brown sugar.

Archived