Mental Health Forums

Troll - Fairy

Joshua

Sorry, am useless, I don't understand anything techy - 'Proxy Server' to me sounds like an industrial techno band from 1982 (oooh...new thread for me to start?!)

But I am happy to go along with whatever works to keep this forum supportive and safe - sorry if that's not much help xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 1

I remember the days of Fairy and Amy. Amy, I assume is her accomplice in many things, but I remember fairy was someone that brought fun to the chat room. We use to have a lot of laughs many years ago. However when she got banned she became obsessed, constantly coming back with Amy, setting up alternative accounts and just trolling - I suspected it was one or both of them that went through my account under different names and brought down my ratings and hurting me intentionally.

So yeah I know we want to be all nice about it, but seriously I go for option 1 - rules are there for our protection.

Josh, thanks for bringing this to us all, and not imposing a decision upon us - rather wanting to hear our views first.

I remember the days of Fairy and Amy. Amy, I assume is her accomplice in many things, but I remember fairy was someone that brought fun to the chat room. We use to have a lot of laughs many years ago. However when she got banned she became obsessed, constantly coming back with Amy, setting up alternative accounts and just trolling - I suspected it was one or both of them that went through my account under different names and brought down my ratings and hurting me intentionally.

So yeah I know we want to be all nice about it, but seriously I go for option 1 - rules are there for our protection.

Josh, thanks for bringing this to us all, and not imposing a decision upon us - rather wanting to hear our views first.

I have spoken to Amy recently. I know you mean well, but I'd be careful what you assume, and what you circulate about people.

Well those of us here that were very regular years ago knew that both Amy and Fairy were like fish and chips, did things as a pair and the harm they caused.

Trust me when I say, I was careful enough in my post here as I would love to go into a full on rant about them, but I won't.

I don't assume.

Whilst I understand the severity of this issue and I do not wish to downplay how hurt/insulted/offended people have been by an individuals actions, isnt arguing over this issue letting them win? Trolls are creatures much like hate demons which feed and grow on the emotional response they get out of people,

I think we should simply identify trolls and cut them off, by giving them this much attention and acknowledging their continued existence we're just feeding them,

At school the more the bullies got to me, the more i cried the more hurt i became the more i lashed out against them the more they attacked me, they liked the reaction they got from me, they got satisfaction from seeing the pain they caused me.

The moment i started ignoring them or attacking them back or reporting them and moving on the game no longer became fun and they gave up.

All i'm saying is lets starve the trolls not feed them.

• Like 1

I just wanted people to be involved in whats happening, as everyone here has experienced the trolls and i think its only fair they know were doing all we can to deal with it.

When I had a breast cancer scare I used the Breast Cancer Awareness site to get me through it and they pre-modded everything before it went on the public forum. At the moment, I go on the Boden clothes community site (it's fun and takes my mind of things) and they pre-mod everything that goes public as well.

I think it's good that we have been given the opportunity to discuss this and Bobulator while I can understand what you have said about bullies, this has gone further than that for Josh in that he has been personally harrassed through his own personal mobile phone and the police have been involved.

So while this is about keeping us all safe from trolls, Josh's safety needs to be taken into consideration as well. I can't even begin to imagine how he felt when she rang his mobile.

I know pre-modding means extra work but like someone else has said - Josh I think you should do what makes you feel safest.

Data, I won't argue with you anymore, when I make a statement, its based on experience of not just myself but many others that were affected by them. But thanks for noting my error in words, but when I say I do not assume, its exactly that.

And those of us who have been affected by the pair of them directly, know more of this than you obviously. So I will be allowed my right to voice my opinion which has a concrete basis in facts. Thats all I will say of this matter to you.

Josh - I remember writing a pm to you a few years ago (maybe 2 years) about them and how they wanted to use me in a proposed legal move; I hope all is well on that issue. For the protection of most of us, it is right to implemenent option 1, imagine this forum without the impact of the majority of trolls, doubtless it will keep them off of here forever, but anything that makes it harder for fairy and her gang to get back on here should be welcomed.

Data, I won't argue with you anymore, when I make a statement, its based on experience of not just myself but many others that were affected by them. But thanks for noting my error in words, but when I say I do not assume, its exactly that.

And those of us who have been affected by the pair of them directly, know more of this than you obviously. So I will be allowed my right to voice my opinion which has a concrete basis in facts. Thats all I will say of this matter to you.

I think what I am trying to say is that it is unfair of you to assume that Amy is still a troll, just because Fairy is and because Amy used to be in the past. Thats all I am going to say as well.

Then stop arguing it Data, its easy to say *Im a good girl now?!*

I didnt know the trouble that had been caused to Josh personally, and it is welcome to have our voice heard, though honestly in the end its your call Josh

Like Toaster said, no-one is ALL bad, but I guess it has to be what is healthy for the majority

Good Luck x

i think that saying the name of the member you are on about and about the police about a certain member should not be disclosed on here, because the police had got involved and if case got reopened then it could affect the investigation. It is ok to talk about it but not the member, thats what other forums do.

But i don't know if i use proxy, because i use a mobile phone provider to go on the internet. But what i do which never gets used i blocked there IP as well as there username.

Edited by autismflipper

• 1 month later...

i remember the days of fairy and amy, and can honestly say got on with fairy but i know the trouble that was caused. Josh do whatever you think is right, we will always support you x

i remember the days of fairy and amy, and can honestly say got on with fairy but i know the trouble that was caused. Josh do whatever you think is right, we will always support you x

I absolutely 100% agree with this Tray. Fairy was amicable, had a lot of fun back then (many years ago). Although Josh you are consulting us on it, its your decision, your privacy has been violated and we do support you.