Mental Health Forums

What Have You Done Today?

CrippleAndStarfish

:grouphug[1]: :grouphug[1]::grouphug[1]:

Today, i've woke up. LOL. Am gunna go make "breakfast" in a minute too.

Had a friend over last night, and i'd fallen out with her massively a few months ago, but think we're trying to sort it. She got here about 10, we made a beef curry, and sat and chatted until 3am. I'm feeling drained, and wondering if it was the right thing to do or if she's just gunna upset me again.. So gunna distract by scrubbing rest of the living room carpet and washing pots.

xxx

today i have updated the poem of the day at my website. this is what it says:-

I want to start a band

Although I know that I can’t sing

But going by these other bands

That doesn’t mean a thing

I can’t play any instruments

But I can program all that in

I’m not looking for sweet music

I could make do with a din

A background for my poems

Is what I really seek

But my performance skills

Aren’t up to much

In fact there pretty week

I get this fear inside me

And the words all leave my head

And leave me feeling naked

Like some mute retard instead

I wish I had the confidence

To stand out in a crowd

To be outgoing and gregarious

To shout my poems loud

To stand up in the marketplace

Shoulders back and proud

But due to my timid nature

That is simply not allowed

i have failed so far to have a bath but the day is yet young

i have eaten which i forgot to do yesterday

and i caught myself smiling twice

Been the doctors twice and she is one bitch, I feel suicidal now :(

sorry your doctor isn't very nice and that you are feeling so bad :( here if you want to talk. x

Did groceries

Practised a lot of DBT

Talked to mum

Hung out with hubby

Did wash

Did administration

Listened to music

Work here

etc

today i couldn't wake up and raise no way. it is very cold. when it gets so cold i suddendly get very sleepy. had to drink a double espresso coffee, and still it didn't work until half an hour later. lucky that in rome it gets fantastically cold but it does last only a few days or a couple of weeks maxim.

hugs to everybody xxx

(((((Sah))))) hope you feel better for it now hun xxx

Lily, another busy day for you!!

What music do you listen to?

xxx

StJ - sounds fun!! I MUST watch LOTR again, i've only seen it a couple of times, and keep meaning to watch it again as i feel like i could really adore it, but i never get round to it. This might be my task for the weekend. Sorry you ran out of popcorn and tea.... I has no popcorn, but i aaaaalways have lots of tea *offers you a cup*

xxx

Doris - yes, i so know what you mean! When it is cold, i find it so, so much harder to get motivated. Didn't know that you were in Rome, that's cool. You're lucky, we have cold snaps that seem to last... ooooh, all year? lol

Sending you more coffee and a blanket, and of course, hugs.

xxx

Mmmm tea! Yay, thanks!! :hug2:

I've watched LOTR so many times I can quote the entire thing. All three films, extended versions.

I'm sad, I know :)

Todayyyy, I've hunted high and low for my mobile, only to find it stuck under my sofa, with the screen cracked :(

Have had a cuppa and a couple of biccies (am totally forming an addiction to chocolate hobnobs), fussed the cats then ran squealing as Lucy decided to bring me a gift of a spider (ick!!!!!).

am thinking about doing something quick and relatively proper to eat just now, before i make a start on washing the pots and getting the kitchen in order.

I've also got a couple of glass kilner jars for my baking ingredients, and a shelf to go up to put them on instead of being in cupboard with all the other stuff, as i'm sick of looking for pasta and getting flour, flour, sugar, flour, baking powder, flour and cake cases. It is not fun. So gunna see if i can put shelf up today, but don't know if i will. It depends on whether my shoulder starts behaving.

xxx

Cleaned downstairs.

Got upset, which led to feeling suicidal.

Spoke to lovely woman from the Samaritans.

Thinking about going back onto Sertaline.

Watching Jeremy Kyle.

Cleaned downstairs.

Got upset, which led to feeling suicidal.

Spoke to lovely woman from the Samaritans.

Thinking about going back onto Sertaline.

Watching Jeremy Kyle.

sorry you got upset hun, but really glad you phoned samaritans, did she help you?

xx

hi, snoozy, thanks so much for replying. oooh i'm cold, ra-tt-a-t-a-ttt-a-t (sound of my teeth :lol: ).

i cooked some meat with oil, garlic (a bit), onion (a bit), parsley, salt and any bouquet-garni i had around, plus a good deal of tomato sauce and half a cup of water. covered it all and let it simmer ( = boilin slowly, low gas) for about 20/25 minutes.

came out very good. i saved most of the rest of the sauce for tomorrow: i shall cook the lentils in it! yum yum....

hugs and kisses to everybody, hoping you are all well and better than yesterday! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Planted the christmas tree in a big pot out in the garden, so we can just bring it in every year - tis only diddy atm (and very cute) but it will be able to grow properly now.

Also swept up outside - leaves and stuff..

Washing up.

Did a washload.

Did my first piece of DBT online homework and submitted it today, the next piece arrives via email on Saturday and looking forward to it. :)

Oooh, that sounds delicious! I think it might be one to go in my recipe book :) thanks angel xxxxxx

today,

i've washed some pots.

smashed some pots.

fixed some stuff,

lost some stuff,

found some stuff

and fucked shit up.

Planted the christmas tree in a big pot out in the garden, so we can just bring it in every year - tis only diddy atm (and very cute) but it will be able to grow properly now. Also swept up outside - leaves and stuff.. Washing up. Did a washload. Did my first piece of DBT online homework and submitted it today, the next piece arrives via email on Saturday and looking forward to it. :)

You're doing the DBT on that yahoo group to refresh your memory, aren't you?

Know it's early days, but is it any good?

I've heard a bit about it, but not much. Thinking i might try see if i get accepted. I did try about a year ago, but was refused. :(

That's so cute about the xmas tree, i wish i could have my own, but i have no idea how to go about it whatsoever.

xxx

p.s.: cooking and baking saves me rather well from panic attacks, even if i do not appreciate eating so much.

i'm more of a coffee dependant, though, hahahahaha. well, i feel like drinking coffee all the time, but of course i give myself some limits!

/me very disciplinate!!!!!!!!!!

bye xxx

Planted the christmas tree in a big pot out in the garden, so we can just bring it in every year - tis only diddy atm (and very cute) but it will be able to grow properly now. Also swept up outside - leaves and stuff.. Washing up. Did a washload. Did my first piece of DBT online homework and submitted it today, the next piece arrives via email on Saturday and looking forward to it. :)

You're doing the DBT on that yahoo group to refresh your memory, aren't you?

Know it's early days, but is it any good?

I've heard a bit about it, but not much. Thinking i might try see if i get accepted. I did try about a year ago, but was refused. :(

That's so cute about the xmas tree, i wish i could have my own, but i have no idea how to go about it whatsoever.

xxx

Yes that's right sweets - it's a refresher course for me because I did do it a few years ago and with last year being so shit, I lost sight of it all.

Going on all the information (explanation of the skills, sheets on the site and book references) and the first lesson, I would say that it is very good and probably a bit easier for me because I already know what they are talking about but they give you lots of information to read which explains the skills and then the homework is to practice a skill or set of skills and write about it and submit it and then they give you feedback on your homework.

At the moment, I think it is much more in-depth than when I did it as part of a group - the therapist who took our course didn't run the mindfulness module as a separate module but tried to incorporate it into the other modules which meant about 5 mins of it every now and again which I didn't agree with then and still don't now. With this course, the mindfulness module is run each time inbetween the other modules because they say it so important and I agree and am happy about this.

Seeing as a year has passed and if you still think it would be helpful which I really think it is for anyone with a dx of BPD, perhaps you could apply again and see what they say this time - if you do good luck.

With the Chrimble tree, we got it from Asda growing in a pot and I've just put it into a bigger pot outside so it can grow some more :) xx

thank you so much Cats hun, i really appreciate that. It does sound brilliant, and i think i will try and apply again for it.

xxx

thank you so much Cats hun, i really appreciate that. It does sound brilliant, and i think i will try and apply again for it.

xxx

Good luck and let me know how you get on xx

Archived