Mental Health Forums

Is This Ocd

jaynpoppy

i obsess about abuse stuff, an this afternoon i felt good about seeing the pattern in which my head works but just now over one thing im thinking is this even ocd that i have because my docters said i dont have ocd its just ruminations but i dont belive that, until things like this happen where today i thought i saw something on the internet so i turned it off, then my head said u would have looked at that, i felt bad and started trying to reasure myself that i wouldnt have wanted to look at anything wrong. anyway now my heads saying you think u would like to look at the internet, basicaly because its not saying u might have wanted to look at that im thinking its not ocd because ocd is about doubting whatever it is ur thinking ect and my thought was that i would do something. im sorry if this is sounding mad its just if im not beating myself up one way it becomes another an then i have to live with the guilt but is this ocd or is it just me beating myself up

• 3 weeks later...

I guess in away your doc cannot really give you a DX of OCD unless it is a psy, I mean they can say it sounds like it or it doesn't... With OCD most people think it's just to do with cleaning, Which isn't true... I have OCD thoughts and also OCD about locks and things I use to eat and drink... Like I can lock my door and I'll do my three checks on it and I'll walk away but my head is telling me I HAVE to go back because I don't lock it, But I did lock, If that makes Sence to you???

If you maybe could explain another time where you head is doing this about whatever, So I can understand a bit better where your coming from, Don't mean to sound rude by saying that... I just wanna try and understand, If I can and help or whatever, With your OCD??? And how your mind is working, Like erm when you think you may be beating yourself up over it, When you shouldn't be...

Sorry not really sure I can make sense for you :/...

I dont know if you have OCD,but the fear of doing something can be a sign,in any case it sounds very disturbing for you,scary.

Lots of people have those thoughts sometimes, it becomes hard and a problem when you get consumed by these thoughts,when it scares you senseless.

What might put your mind at ease is that people with these kind of thoughts 99% of the time dont act on them,they just fear they might.

Lily

• 6 months later...

I had a lot of OCD about ,locking doors, switching the lights and the fire off ...etc

But than I realised I was not concentrating while i was checking things , like a daydream

I really concentrate now and it's a lot better

Archived