Mental Health Forums

Exciting News - Safe Place

Joshua

OMG I am really sorry to be negative but this is a real concern for me. You arent thinking of removing this forum and only having your new one are you??? I dont think I would cope with that so need to know.

I find it wonderful!

But I'm a bit concerned: how does it come that I can log-in and use it without being a VIP sponsor here neither having accepted to pay for my-safeplace?

I would like to use it, but like Ollie, I can't afford this expense right now.

May I have some explainations?

Thanks.

Sara

Joshua I got a few questions.first off now you got enough for the chat software and got the £125.00 pounds you need for it.Do you have to pay for that every year and what it for please? second question as a safe place VIP do I get more then 30 mins of peers support a week or is it the same for everyone.Third question I saw a place in the forum where you keep a record of the invoices when you pay for something from the forum but I can't find it now please can you give me a link on where it is thanks.

Edited by skyhigh

• do I get more then 30 mins of peers support a week or is it the same for everyone.

do you mean there's a limit on the amount of peer support that can be given to someone?

REAL LIFE SUPPORT SERVICES

Real life support services

MySafe Place understands how difficult things can be and have put together some support packages we hope may assist you. Statutory services are highly overstretched and people are often left feeling let down, others may not meet the stringent criteria for mainstream service. It is our hope that these services provide a useful service to bridge the gap.

We have done our upmost to ensure that the cost of these services are highly affordable, we also have various options available with workers from differing backgrounds and experience.

Peer supporters

These supporters are completely unqualified and inexperienced in working with those with mental illness. They may be past or current sufferers of mental health issues and have some understanding of the problems you may be battling. The supporters are supervised on a regular basis and have the support of a team.

This service is offered via internet live chat only and for a period of 30 minutes per week.

• do I get more then 30 mins of peers support a week or is it the same for everyone.

do you mean there's a limit on the amount of peer support that can be given to someone?

Is it the same for every member here?

I don't completely agree about the description of services on the NHS but as a cautionary rule I don't give money to websites. There is no proper agreement about what you will receive you don't know who is helping you and if it all fails then you are just out of pocket. There is no governing of how your money is spent and no governing to set up a site and ask for donations. I know for a lot of sites people donate and it is all very good, this is my personal opinion though. Also the reliance of online help. We all know people we were friends with online and then they seem to drop off the face of the earth.

I just wanted to give something back, this site been here a long time I been on this forum for a few years now and trust this site.I got really ill a few years ago and this place really help me out when I needed help. I was not going to get help for myself until I came here and talk to some one here.So this is the first time I gave money to this site. I don't think it wrong too give money to help this site going.But if you don't have the money no one asking to pay to take part in this forum.As for peer support a lot of members know what it like to have different MH problems.I think we can help each and should help.Yes i agree you need to be careful about not give too much personal information out to other members just for your safety.

Edited by skyhigh

The peersupport offered on safe place is the same for everyone yes.

We used to have peersupporters here to that you could talk to for free via livesupport but its been ages since we where able to get peersupporters for that.People apply,say theyre commited and then after a week never come back to do chats. Its very frustrating.

The real support on safe-place can be trusted,the peers,counsellors and social workers are supervised(by proffesionals) and insured. Because theyre insured they have to by law be peer,registered as in training for counselling or registered as counsellor or proof of social work degree.

Im sure you can complain somewhere official if we dont meet our promises that you pay for but Josh can explain that better.

I do understand what youre saying dancinglights and I agree its good to be carefull with paying for things online.

Who said I was complaining I never said that sorry if you feel I was Lilly the other supports you talk about cost more money.I gifted what I wanted too and happy in doing so.Yes it's a pity there no free peers support no more but that can't be helped I understand.I agree you need to be careful about on-line payments.

Edited by skyhigh

Sorry Lily I wasn't complaining just giving my opinion. I don't doubt the quality of support you offer and I'm not saying that you are taking money and running. I shouldn't have said what I did last night it is not relevant to this situation.

But I'm a bit concerned: how does it come that I can log-in and use it without being a VIP sponsor here neither having accepted to pay for my-safeplace?

Thanks.

Sara

Im struggling to understand what you mean, could you help me to understand?

Joshua I got a few questions.first off now you got enough for the chat software and got the £125.00 pounds you need for it.Do you have to pay for that every year and what it for please?

Yes i pay for chat software yearly and its for the forums.

second question as a safe place VIP do I get more then 30 mins of peers support a week or is it the same for everyone.

You have to purchase this through safe place as an additional option.

Third question I saw a place in the forum where you keep a record of the invoices when you pay for something from the forum but I can't find it now please can you give me a link on where it is thanks.

http://www.mentalhea...ection=invoices

Is it the same for every member here?

Yes through the safe place system. Peer support here is seperate...

I don't completely agree about the description of services on the NHS but as a cautionary rule I don't give money to websites. There is no proper agreement about what you will receive you don't know who is helping you and if it all fails then you are just out of pocket. There is no governing of how your money is spent and no governing to set up a site and ask for donations. I know for a lot of sites people donate and it is all very good, this is my personal opinion though. Also the reliance of online help. We all know people we were friends with online and then they seem to drop off the face of the earth.

I agree with what your saying if it was just a website but its a company, and if you sign up for a service and pay for something, there is an agreement. If the terms of the agreement are not followed as agreed then you have the option to complain/sue (same as the nhs or any other provider of services).

Yes it's a pity there no free peers support no more but that can't be helped I understand

There is through the forums but this is a different service to that offered via safe place.

I must have explained myself poorly,Im sorry.

I didnt think you where complaining either of you. I was just trying to answer questions I thought needed answering like;since its an online service what can you do if you dont get what was promised,answer;complain.

I must have explained myself poorly,Im sorry.

I didnt think you where complaining either of you. I was just trying to answer questions I thought needed answering like;since its an online service what can you do if you dont get what was promised,answer;complain.

Ok thanks Lilly I'm sorry too I bit raw at the moment so don't worry about it thanks for explaining my many questions.

Edited by skyhigh

I didn't know it was a company, that does make a difference to other sites that ask for donations.

Thanks.

Sara

Im struggling to understand what you mean, could you help me to understand?

What i'm trying to say is that I found my account already present in SafePlace, but my forum account isn't a "VIP sponsor" one. How is that possible?

I don't want to be charged for a VIP account right now, since I can't afford it.