Mental Health Forums

What Was The Inspiration For Your Avatar?

Data

Ok, this was AndyL's idea, but I thought I'd start :).

My avatar is a photo of a sign from a town in the North East of England called Pity Me (yes, there's actually a real place called that!). It is meant to be an ironic comment about myself... I am often posting here about problems and difficulties in my life.

yes i saw the thread and agree its good to share where we got the idea for our avatar's ..... well mine was made up for me by a dear friend on the net it has my real name in it hehe! i love fairies and she has a tat where i have one spooky as the lady who done it for me didn't know that ..... :)

it's a pic i took of sophie - a pedigree russian blue cat i had but had to rehome when i moved :(

she went to live with the estate agent who sold my house cos she took to him when he showed people round it... which was fabby cos she was a little standoffish with people in general... so at least i knew she would be happy :)

i miss her, but i love that pic of her - i have it on my phone background too

I chose this picture cos I saw it and thought it looked really nice, pretty, magical and in touch with the forever day dreaming child I once was. xx

I chose mine because I wanted an animated gif or avatar and this one with the yin and yang kind of sums me up

xxx

I chose my avatar as i love kittens and cats especially white fluffy kittens with

pure blue eyes. They are precious and gorgeous animals.

Everytime i see them i fall in love straight away. xxx

This particular one I found on amazon while browsing 'horse head masks'.

It made tea splurt out through my nose, and made me want to buy one. Thankfully was broke at the time, total impluse buy.

I love masks though. The best thing about being Muslim for me was the hijab, I have even worn a burka!

If it were socially acceptable to go round wearing masks, I would. Especially horse head ones!

Mine is a picture of me taken by myself when i was recently diagnosed in 2007.

I felt at the time it depicted the uncertainty about who was, hiding away in the shadows, and the good and the dark side of my personality.

I put it up to remind me of how far i've come really and that i can now interpret it differently to mean i'm half out of the shadows into the light and am finally beginning to find out who i am.

Aurora :)

Mine is because a lot of times i have emotions that i can only really describe in picture form.

This one i associate with feeling little and needing to hide, I like to have this as my avatar as it reminds me to try and be compassionate to myself as emotionally i'm a lot younger than my chronological age.

x

Right now its a Lily because its my username,sometimes its a pic of me or a fountain because of my quote;Fountain of love in the shape of a girl.

My sig Ijust thought was pretty peacefull,change my sig all the time.

Mine is an Alice in Wonderland image! It's my fave book, I re-read it all the time. I love how Alice was brave enough to chase the rabbit down the rabbit hole and how she constantly questions who she is and where she is going. And, as you can see, how she is always trying to fit in but eventually has to figure things out her own way!

Alice is an inspiration to me!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine is a one-eyed, bad-ass cartoon ferret who goes by the monicker, Nick Ferret (in case youse needs ta know). I drew him up in response to my son's love of ferrets and, oddly, weaponry of all sorts. He sports a couple of beautiful KSC Sword Cutlass pistols (we're not sure where he got the money to get them at all, let alone in miniature), is never without his cigar, and, at about 12 inches tall when he's upright, is ready to rock your world. Go get 'em, Nick! Make the world safe for…well, something!

Inspirations: Nick Fury, Revy from Black Lagoon, and the Pistol Packin' Possum poster you see for about half a second in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (in R.K. Maroon's office).

I can't remember where I found this one I use it on another site and I think it is funny and cute. :)

I just put my avatar up last night because i was fed up of being identified as a silhouette. If this is the creepy one then i'm sorry but it's a really important image to me. My spirit-creature is the eagle. It represents freedom from the boundries created by man and it is the ultimate picture of perfection. I wear my tattoo with pride. To me,it is a spiritual thing.

I'm very indecisive but was fed up with not having an avatar so simply used the last photo in my camera (which happened to be of the first cakes I'd baked last year after becoming poorly again).

I chose mine as I like the eyes on this cat, They are supposed to glow but I have no idea why they don't but on my profile they do.

I don't know how to get an avatar. How I thought you did it, doesn't work and I'm not good with computers. I once had a pic of me and Paul that another member kindly sorted for me. I would like a picture, but again, I don't know how.

Archived