Mental Health Forums

Keeping You Informed

Joshua

Hi all

A few changes for you to be aware of –

Forum upgrade

Haven’t a clue what new features there are, I am sure they are all quite minor and mainly to do with the moderation side of things. If anything important becomes apparent il let you know.

New forum

I have added a new forum titled “social service concerns”, I have added this as I see that many people have quite negative views and experiences of social services and social workers. As a social worker I find this quite sad and have created this new forum to offer professional advice/guidance to those of you with any questions or concerns. This is still being worked on so bear with me in the coming days.

Banner images

Some new banner images are being displayed at the top of each page of the forums; these just replace what was previously there.

Well that’s all for now although il let you know if anything else comes to mind.

Hi Josh,

re social services you mentioned it would offer professional advice, as a SW in a past life too but not in child care I just wondered if there are people you know of who could offer this advice.

I also suggested to Lily a while ago about having a forum for people who are carers or family members seeking support. to be honest for me that means I can screen these ones as I cant offer any good advice but it also ensures people know where to post to get members advice.

Supporting Carers is something you have mentioned on your main webpage as something you want to develop, having their own forum might help,

thanks Christine.

Christine

Il be responding to queries for now, unless it needs another (in which case i know of someone else that would help)

In terms of carer's im not sure this forum would be the right place but do have ideas for the future. Time and money are the biggest considerations.

can i post about my social worker in the social worker forum or is it just for people with children?

I'm afraid the experiences i have had with social workers were negative but maybe the problem was that they worked at the same place and were all following the same rules or maybe i needed something more than a social worker could offer which wasnt the social workers fault. or maybe as this is a forum for people with problems the negative experiences will always get mentioned more than the positive ones.