Mental Health Forums

The Positive Things We're Gonna Try And Do With Best Intentions Thread

OrangeLamp

today i'm not really sure what i did - i guess i just got through the day, which was hard enough tbh.

tomorrow (well, later today!) I'm gonna pay off my Orange bill coz was due at start of month and dont want them to cut me off - always delay as have to pay over phone and it isn't automated and i HATE speaking to people :(

going into town to meet mum and give her some pennies i owe her, and treating myself and getting my eyebrows shaped, a facial massage, and possibly a manicure with gel nail tips added too if there is a nail tech available when i'm there. (all of that for only £15, i'm pretty impressed!) been feeling vaguely poop about myself past couple days, really noticed it slump today though and want to do something big to shake myself out of it, and figure it will be a nice treat before xmas.

then not sure what i'm doing - i'm hoping i'll have to wash the pots when i get home and then i can just relax with choc, movies and the cats - was supposed to be getting L from school but he's at a party instead so mum will be getting him for me as her fella will drive her there.

oh, will get on the exercise bike for about half an hour in the morning too. refuse to be defeated by stupid broken body!

xxx

Today (My head is hurting) I was able to force myself into the shower, talk about my problems in chat for a bit and receive validation, wash/dry put away the dishes and clean down all the counter tops.

Tomorrow, I plan to pry myself out of bed and tackle the laundry. Don't dare write much more in case I jinx myself.

Today ive cleaned the kitchen and put a load of washing in (i still have a shit load to fold and put away though, waahh!) Later i have to take my eldest to her school disco, its going to take alot to organise and get her dinner and dressed on time, then bath her when she gets back and remember to not feed domino (our dog) after 6pm as shes got an operation tomorrow. Ive written a list with the things i have to do tonight in order, so ill follow that and hope it doesnt get too over-whelming. My bf is coming tonight so have to make sure im bathed and ready for when he gets here also.

Tomorrow i have to take Dom to the vets to be spayed, after ive taken B (my eldest) to school, then get back in time to hoover and clean before the support worker gets here at 10am. Then hopefully not forget to pick B up from school as they finish early. And hang out by the phone to hear back from the vets to let me know how Dom is doing. No idea how i will get her home from the vets yet, as i dont think its fair to walk her after such a big operation :(

I just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep untill all of this passes. Im going away after xmas, over the new year, i have to make sure i have enough clean clothes for me and B (my mum is having G, my youngest) and pack them, make sure i have enough meds to last, too much to think about.

this morning before work i cleaned the kitchen

tonight i HAVE to pack for holiday - been making lists and stuff for a week or so but despite dragging my case out, i have not got round to putting anything in it yet!

it's not like the clothes aren't all washed and ready, just cba to summon up the enthusiasm to move them from the airer and into the case, being as the case is on the floor under the airer, it really shouldn't be this difficult!

Today i said no when a friend asked me if i could lend them some money. I know that doesn't sound a positive thing! But this is someone i have lent money to several times in the past, always after a sob story, and i have never seen a penny of it back, and this was causing me a lot of stress and upset, as well as making me doubt our friendship, which is good apart from this.

Tomorrow im to make sure my house is prepared for any foster cats that may need to come in over xmas and new year - scrub crate, wash blankets and towels, clean food and water bowls and hopefully receive my order of cat and kitten food!

Xx

Today I haven't done much, so I feel a bit annoyed at myself and I'm also feeling quite insecure today.

But I've stayed ok so I guess that's a triumph in itself?

Tomorrow will hopefully be better :) I should be getting paid from some work I did in John Lewis a couple of weeks ago. So I will be going Xmas present shopping. That will make me feel better

As for now I have put the dinner on (chicken in oven) and I will continue to keep my mood level x

the positive thing for today is i got to reading safely. positive thing for tomoro is going to play piano n a music shop and find a haligen heater

Well, I've had a couple of positive days despite feeling like shit :)

I got through my big observation, been to work each day despite feeling horrible...went and did the secret santa thing(and someone got me a periodic table mug OMG I love it lol) and today I went in and then went to town with the lads...then ended up at the pub, then town again :D also went to the other work xmas do thing with my masters cohort.

Was good times :)

Tomorrow I will stay in bed most of the day, and sleeps...for it has been a long ass year.

Love to all

Today I chilled and played some games with a mate of mine, and went shopping for nice roast dinnery things to eat :) I also finalised the arrangements for my two new pupils who I will be teaching and planned my research paper.

Tomorrow I will be working on my paper some more, doing some lesson prep, marking some books and sleeeeeeping.

Today I have had a nice, relaxing day. I have done very little apart from really chill...had a nice shower, shave and then played some games.

I have done some charcoal drawing which I've wanted to do in a while

Tomorrow, I will make sure to get some more essay done :)

Well, I'm really proud of myself.

I have spent 4 hours marking exam papers which I am to do for when we get back for next term. I have been snuggling my bunneh and chilling.

My motivation...it's not been like this since 2008 when it took a nosedive and I would take any opportunity for a rest and to curl up and forget everything. I enjoyed getting the work done and have planned my research project, which I have to admit I am looking forward to despite it being so difficult a task.

Hope you are all well this christmas. :)

• 4 months later...

Archived