Mental Health Forums

I Got A Job

Data

Yesterday I accepted a job offer :). I am going to be a software developer, for the first time in my life.

The salary is fairly good and there are lots of fringe benefits as well, e.g. employee discount.

In order to get the job I had to pass two telephone interviews, two in-person interviews, two written exams, and an online test.

I start on Monday. Initially I have to complete the 1-4 week induction course, then I can get started on learning all the stuff I need to know to do the job.

I've booked into the Travelodge next week. The medium term plan is to find a room to rent, like a house share.

Today I've been buying some clothes for work, its casual dress but I can't wear tracksuit bottoms like I usually do lol.

Finally an end to the job-seeking!!

The best news Data. Many many congratulations.

You have worked so hard at Uni and all the effort (and miles) you put in in going to all those interviews. So happy for you it has all paid off.

Congratulations again Data. Well done. Time for a little reward methinks.

Crystal

Thanks everyone.

Its been a whirlwind of a day today, had some more interesting job-related news and I had to make a decision, and take a risk. More details soon lol.

congratulations on getting the job Data, I hope you are enjoying it.

looking forward to the more details if you want to share (sorry if you already shared it somewhere else, got loads to catch up with on here)

Archived