Mental Health Forums

Data's Goals For December

Data

As I said in my other topic, I am free in December to start tackling all those personal, health and family goals that I have been putting off for some time.

Its not going to be easy because most of them revolve around tidying the house, and its hard to work with my wife since she has emotional problems and is very disorganised. I won't get everything on this list done but I'll just do my best!

Plans have to be flexible because there are always things that get in the way. My son will be off school tomorrow, for example, because I have just found him vomiting.

Hi Data,

Congrats on the job offers, I sincerely hope the one in Yorkshire works out. Fingers n toes crossed for you.

I know how you are about your house, I was the same for years and an managing ok now. You have just got to be cruel and throw the clutter out. Get a skip. Anything that you do not love or need - stick it in. Because the peace of mind living in a clutter free zone is amazing.

I don't know how much of the stuff on the list above you intend to do yourself, If you can get a bit of help or some profs in it would take some stress of perhaps?

Sorry to hear your son is vomiting. I hope he's better soon. Hope i haven't offended you in any way this post. Take care xx am

• 3 weeks later...

Well I completed:

remove window locks

connect printer

replace mattress

tidy bedroom door

agree accommodation

ensure enough clothes

sort out problems with bed frame

put alpine plants in garden

weed garden

wash car

My dad is replacing the garage doors, he is making them as we speak. I am also working on my viva preparation, I just do a little each day to keep it in my head.

I have been medication free for around a week now. I am sleeping much better :).

Some of the goals I have "let go" and I've had quite a relaxed December to tell the truth. It is nice to have a decent break, so I will be refreshed for when I start my new job on 2nd January.

I find it inspiring to see you make very basic realistic goals and achieve them, it reminds me that I can do the same for myself, I am just not in a habit of thinking such. So thank you for the update.

You doing so well mate, proud of you.... and im a big believer in messy home equals messy mind... or that may just be ocd talk.

xx xx xx

Well done Data, the diagram is awesome and a great idea, I might need to have a go myself. I definitely believe a tidy home equals a tidy mind....my rooms a tip!

If you don't mind me asking, what's your viva on?

Ash

Well done Data, the diagram is awesome and a great idea, I might need to have a go myself. I definitely believe a tidy home equals a tidy mind....my rooms a tip!

If you don't mind me asking, what's your viva on?

Ash

Thanks!

Its a computer science PhD.

Archived