Mental Health Forums

Choose To Be Kind........

Eagleheart

To yourself.

When you open your eyes in the morning and the negative self-talk kicks in,CHOOSE to challenge it.

Instead of battering yourself with horrendous criticism and cruel taunts,just take a deep breath and PAUSE.

See your strength.

See your compassion for others.

Look at the wisdom life has etched on your face.

It's not easy.Persevere.

When you find yourself in full self-hate flow,maybe try to just say "stop it" to the voice that lies.

Do not accept all that bullshit.

Instead of "I am fucking useless", perhaps you could say " I'm not feeling great today,but i got myself out of bed and cleaned the kitchen". (that was just an example).

All i am trying to say is sometimes it can lift your mood if you turn negative dialogue into something with a more positive spin.

I am trying to practise what i preach and i fall on my ass every day,but it's starting to get through my thick skull!!!

Hope life is giving you all a break. xxx

Hiya lovely people.I am glad this topic was liked by you.Since i was last on,i have had a big back-slide but i refuse to give in to that nasty voice that has been telling me a load of shit.Oh it's so hard sometimes to fight the negativity.It's almost comfortable to fall back into "normal" behaviour.I've been bullying myself for so long that change seems virtually impossible.But it's NOT impossible.Apparently,it takes 3-4 weeks to change a habit,so there is definitely hope for me!!

It seems that i have to face the concept of a constant battle between my 2 selves.Yeah? Well all i can say is "Bring it on.I've got a spring in my backside that pushes me back onto my feet every time i'm knocked down!!!".

• 3 weeks later...

My moods knocks me back pretty hard too and make it difficult to keep this in mind, but I wanted to come back and find your post and add, I really believe finding this place inside yourself is key to keep moving through life.

Part of being kind to yourself is choosing what you care to remember and chucking out all the shit stuff that will contaminate your precious mind.Why is it that i seem to hold onto the bad things that happen,while dismissing all the lovely,good stuff that blesses my life?

An ignorant comment made by some mean-spirited asshole will lodge in my brain and over-ride a whole bunch of nice things that have happened.In holding onto the cruel words,i can and do,forget kindness shown to me by others.

So,let's all try to throw cruelty,ignorant judgements and any other shitty things IN THE TRASH.

You deserve to keep hold of all the good things that happen in your life,however small. Keep the good and BIN THE REST. Love to all. xxx

Archived