Mental Health Forums

Aussie With Ocd.

denv12

Hi everyone.

As mentioned in the introduction section I am posting details of how ocd affects me.

I have had ocd since late 2006.I remember the exact moment it started.It was like a static electricity ran across the top of my head briefly.I was watching tv at that moment.I knew something went wrong.I could feel something was changing.

I went outside to collect the junk mail(store catalogues) from my letterbox.I put them on a bench.Over an hour later I went to read them.I discovered right there and then that I couldnt bring myself to pick up the junk mail.An intense fear held me back.As if it was a program in my head that dictates I can no longer do this.I left them there.This conitinued at random from then on.

Here is a detailed list:

1)unable to move things from around my home like junk mail/recyclables,newspapers,,etc.

2)unable to change my clothes I'm wearing for clean or new clothes.(this started after a bad headache 4 years ago.)

3)unable to wash any clothes,linen,etc.

4)unable to prepare food when I'm on my own.

5)unable to cook food when I'm on my own.

6)unable to eat food when I'm on my own.

7)unable to say various things.

8) unable to order anything online .

From October 2007 I began to sort out my finances and started finding non medical practitioners trying to get rid of these problems.I finally found a treatment called rebirthing.It was a local kinesiologist who did it.It slows down the flight/fight response.Its a comforting feeling.Then I found my current practitioner who has been treating me for over 3 and a half years.The last 6 months I've lost most of my annoying rituals and I'm able to almost do everything now compared to whats on the list above.The one thing that hasnt improved is I'm still wearing the same clothes.

I can get people to do somethings for me which gets around some problems then there are other problems that I just have to live with in the mean time.

The progress I make is always happening at any moment.

I dont know what progress I'm going to make until I'm making that progress.Its just the way the treatments work. I'm not complaining.My life is easier since.

If you relate to what I'm going through/been through please reply.

Thanks.

Hey,

My OCD stuff is a little different, some same things, just in different ways... It is all consuming, sometimes i'm realllly affected by it, maybe because it gets worse, or maybe because I notice things more or a mixture of the two, i'm not sure... hard to tell as a lot of my stuff is MY normal, I guess i never knew that stuff I did, others didn't until my teenage years.... it probably got worse from there, because I became aware of my oddities.

I'm pretty sure I read up a few years ago on rebirthing, but again not sure... could you elaborate on what it involves?... if you feel comfortable to do so of course.

Do you have thoughts attached to your things like not changing your clothes? for example i might get "If I don't touch my wall three times now, my cat will die tonight"... just had to do that lol.

Glad you are improving.

xx xx xx

Hi.Thanks for the reply.

I've had rebirthing done once.I think you only need it once.Some practitioners like Kinesiologists have done rebirthing as well as other types of treatments.Thats how I had mine done.That was about 4 years ago.

If you google rebirthing there are plenty of websites out there to explain it better than I can.I'm just enjoying the benefits because I live better because of it.As for Kinesiology/applied kinesiology its something worth having done regularly.I used to have it done every 2 weeks.I still have something refered to as muscle testing which is making life so much better.There are techniques that go with muscle testing,thats where you benefit.

Ocd does some weird things to me.Because it prevents me doing things its how my mind just wont do those things.It was just easier to spend the money to get rid of the problems as soon as possible.It took 1 year before I could afford to do anything.Almost every 2nd week since then I keep finding practitioners that could help.I found my current practitioner over 3 years ago.I have no intention of stopping the treatments.

I dont get those types of weird thoughts.If i can't do something I dont do it.As my treatments are allowing me the freedom to start doing things I just do things when the progress allows me too.I have a lot to show for the last 6 months worth of progress.Its the best progress overall.

Archived