Mental Health Forums

Kitten Playing Fetch

donnam

Never seen a kitten play fetch before, he found a round chocolate (still wrapped) that the kids had left lying around, and he brought it to us to throw, then ran after it and brought it back, must have done this about 40 times! have never seen kitten play fetch before but he was loving it and was better at fetch than my dog was lol!!!!!!!! and we found it highly amusing.

just thought i would share this cute story

it is first time ours did it, he is only bout 18 weeks old, and he started the game by using his paws and patting it, which progressed into carrying in his mouth and then dropping near us, so we rolled it and he brought it back! the baby kitten who is about 10 weeks was watching all that was going on, but was snuggled on his beanbag (well my daughters beanbag, but he has nicked it lol) think he was watching and learning

my cat used to do this i would screw a piece of paper up throw it down the hall way and she would bring it back. she stoped doing it when we got the other cat because they both go after it and put each other off i suppose. i dont buy them toys anymore because they wont play with them but screw a peice of paper up and they both come bounding in

I had a cat when i was a little kid called merlin, he used to do this with his toy spider. I always wanted a dog when i was young so i was chuffed to pieces when he did that and i could pretend he was a dog :D lol.

Archived