Mental Health Forums

Today I'm Thankful For.....

CrippleAndStarfish

Think similar has been done before but thought it was a nice idea anyway..... I'm gonna make an effort to list 5 things each day that i am thankful for. Esp at this time of year, i know my mood is shite, and i think focusing on the positives - whether they're little nices or ground-shaking amazingness - could help.

Today, i'm thankful for -

- my 4 gorgeous pusscats. Struggled with urges this morning and they would not leave my side for one single second and were pestering me so much for loves and fusses that i couldnt do anything else! They kept at it until i calmed down fully, urges passed, and then stuck around for another half hour or so as tho just to make sure! <3

- there was an accident last friday, couldnt stand mentioning it before now as had no idea how she was. Me and S were at a friends, phoned for a taxi home. They sent a minivan. We got in and spike struggled to close the door properly, which was unlike him as he usually just slams and it shuts first go. The taxi reversed into an old lady, driving over her leg. We shot out and made sure she was laid still, got ambulance and everything, and then we were just waiting. Had no idea of extent of injuries.

Today we went to see her, and she was so lovely, warm and welcoming and full of laughter. She has only a broken kneecap and bruises. So very, very lucky. She was wonderful and kept thanking us, said how she thought we were angels, literal angels guiding her as she died, and to find that wasnt the case she said she was so relieved and was so so thankful. We did some shopping for her and have been told to call round anytime, not to be strangers!

Her strength and love and that she is okay - i am so relieved!!! <3

- S. He has been amazing, from helping me on several xmas shopping trips despite it being so difficult for him coz he wont get to see his son on xmas.....fetching things when i cant walk, keeping me in constant possession of a hot cuppa.....giving me the biggest and best hugs ever, showing his emotions more letting me know how he feels about me....comforting me and listening to me, reassuring and encouraging me...... I know we've had some bloody rough and downright awful times, but he really is being wonderful and i feel so blessed to have him in my life right now.

Little nices now

- T, the friend i went to see today on the way to and from town. She is just wonderful. Has 6 of the most gorgeous kids ever and it always, always, always lifts my spirits when i have been round there for even just half an hour. She was kind and she complimented me (recently had eyebrows shaped and hair coloured) and she said i was beautiful, and told me that i was a good friend. She has invited me to go shopping with her in boro on monday as she knows i get anxious and wouldnt do well on my own and said it would be.lovely to spend some time child-free out of the house to do as we please.

- baileys hot chocolate!!! I've been drinking mug after mug as i am wrapping the xmas presents tonight, and theres something about it that.makes me feel so comforted and at ease - and its not the alcohol lol!! Reminds me of safe and happy times, though im not sure when that was, it is.lovely.

What about you?????

Xxxxxxx

Right now Im gratefull for; Medication as I feel sick and it helps! Imagine if we didnt have painkillers?! Im gratefull that Im getting better at distrackting myself when anxious. Im gratefull that so far I feel really nicely in the holiday spirit. Im gratefull my check up at gp was ok. Im gratefull for nice showers when I feel yuck.

I am grateful:

I have a warm and cozy apartment in cold winter

Dave for always looking over my shoulder and being there

My mother who does her best to love me in her own erratic silly way

That my life is moving a positive forward rather than a downward spiral (even though it doesn't feel like it most days).

:) xxxxx

Today i'm grateful for -

S helping me tidy up, we've completely blitzed the house and i couldnt have managed it without him, and i didnt have to ask for help either he just joined in. Its good that he is pulling his weight.

That the dogs are being excellently behaved despite the fact they havent been walked today yet.

That the lady who was delivering my fruit and veg hampers for xmas is going to redeliver tomorrow for me as they were brought today and i completely forgot about it so didnt listen for the door.

That me and mum are getting on so much better lately even with the blip the other night where i overreacted tp something she said when i was in crisis and took it the wrong way, and i actually feel like she is my friend as well as my mum.

That im going shopping with a friend tomorrow and then my nana is coming to stay at mine, and we'll be travelling to mums for xmas at about 6am xmas day as we did when i lived at my nanas. I love spending time with nana and it doesnt happen often enough lately, so i'll male the most of it.

Xxxxxxx

Archived