Mental Health Forums

What's Your Type?

bena.baby

I recently realised I totally have a type. Obviously I've been out with men that don't look like this, but if a guy DOES look like this I'll almost always fancy him.

Black/dark hair

Blue eyes

Pale skin

Skinny but muscly

Short

I don't mind stubble, but anything more than that is not my thing

I realised this at a friend's wedding, when I said I really fancied one of her friends and she said "yeah, he looks EXACTLY like your boyfriend, that's why!" I think it is a look that is quite common in Ireland (partner's Dad's side of the family is Irish.)

So, chums, what is your type?

Don't all rush at once and say short, grumpy Scottish ladies. I'm already taken.

Ohh i dunno, i suppose i like my short, grumpy scottish ladies.....

But, if they're not available.....

guys -

Tattoos. Biiig on tattoos.

Skinny.

Taller than me but not towering over me!

Dark hair.

And i luuuuurrrrrrve blue eyes, the more piercing the better :)

Girls -

Shorter than me but not too short.

Do not do skinny, cant do skinny. Gotta have curves!!

Dark hair, or red hair. Mmmmm!

Again, tattoos.

Kind eyes.

Pale skin.

Lurrrve freckles :) & dimples!!

Xx

Good thread esme :) Lol snoozy..I have red hair(bright),pale and have tatoos!lol My type..tall.. Medium/large build.. Dark hair.. All of that pointless unless he's funny :)

Interesting topic!

Dark hair seems to be popular! I suppose they say tap dark and handsome for a reason.

Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure what my type is, but here a few things:

-Natural red hair/brightly dyed hair

-Great smile

-Blue eyes

-Cute

-Tattoos and piercings are fine

-Shy on the outside.

-Geeky

-Scottish or welsh is good.

Men:

tall

red or dark hair

blue/green eyes

tattoos and piercings YES!

sense of humour

good in bed hahaha

women:

white/black hair

dark eyes

tattoos piercings

strong facial features

both must like heavy metal and opera and chinese food too :D

Bright blue eyes like the ocean that I can lose myself in.

Thats it.

I'm so shallow!

That was what got me goooood with S - hadnt seen him for years and he came round, stood at the door with this stooopid big blue biker helmet on, took it off and smiled and omg those eyes!! Like proper Disney film pool-at-the-bottom-of-a-waterfall crystal clear blue..... Well, didnt act on anything for a long time, was actually him who made the first move, but there was a definite attraction there instantly. Of course, he is a tattooist and covered in them too, dark hair, skinny...... Mmmmmm. I like my men rough n ragged looking too, dont do the whole "he spends more time in front of the mirror than me" thing.

But maaaan those eyes!! *sigh*

I like dark hair, dark eyes, roman nose, built and athletic, big hands and nice teeth. Oh and taller than me :)

Personality of course over-rides all of that.

hair- dark, I love quiffs, fauxhawks and long hair.

eyes- extra bright blue or brown

height- I don't care if he's shorter than me but he has to be ok with the fact I'm 6 ft in some of my shoes

weight- I really don't care but I prefer weedy to muscles

piercings/tattoos- I don't really like them but if a guy was perfect in any other way I'd deal with anything except lips and tongues and anything else he wants me to kiss

religion/politics- got no problems as long as he doesn't want to convert me to his religion or talk to me about politics. The only left wing I'm interested in is the one on a football pitch.

If he can play football dance and speak Welsh he would be perfect but the most important thing is that he's really kind and lovely. I like guys who are sensitive and cry over films and stuff, I think thats cute. But if he plays for Swansea I'd only consider him if he was really cute and Welsh.

Hahaha these replies made me laugh, As they're near enough all the same type hahaha... What is my type hmmm,

Ink work, Whether one or two or covered...

Piercings...

Funky hair, Nothing boring :/...

No taller than me...

Body hmmm no comment <_< ...

Eyes that I can lose myself in...

A beautiful smile, What lights their whole face up...

Who's real and does not follow the crowd...

Someone who can hold a convo with me, As not always the best with them myself, So someone has to be :/...

And if they make me laugh, They're doing good <_<...

I could go on :/, But I won't as yes I'm very picky :blink: ...

Oh and of course I mean ladies here...

Since so many of you are tattoo fans, do any of you that have tattoos have any advice? I'd really like to get a few done, but I have no idea where to start? Also, would they look right on someone like me? Sorry, it's a bit off topic and random.

Thanks,

Ash

Ash, tattoos are gorgeous, & you're a good lookin guy.

With regards to tattoos - if you know what you want doing and where - placement should always be a consideration coz of pain (elbow is owww, obvious places like neck, spine, ankles are ouch too), some ares ink has a harder time staying in (side of hands etc).....

The most important things are - where? Is the environment sterile?? Do they use single use disposable sterile items (all pulled from packets same as needles will be) or do they use reusable parts such as grips and tips? If they use reusable ones, they need to sterilise thrm properly - ultrasonic cleaner and autoclave..... Any good tattooist would be more than willing to show you cleaning equipment and explain it to you if you ask, & most of the best voluntarily tell you when you first speak to them about getting a tattoo there.

Make sure you see their work too, you know what kind of work they are good at - their strengths, & if poss speak to previous customers

Xxx

Tattoos are not my thing.

Esme described it well -

"I like acres of pasty unadorned skin." It's def the Irish 'look' hahaha

I have been single 5 years so I don't think i have a type. Perhaps i'm asexual as it dosen't bother me.

Or maybe I just need to get out more.

P.s Esme - what if it was a Morrissey tattoo, a really nice one?

I like tall woman who are curvy (above average weight but not obese) and have long dark hair.

It helps also if they are intelligent, and unconventional/quirky.

Esme, you pretty much described my type there too!

Dark hair

Blue eyes

Muscly arms

Slim

But also:

Toned

Very masculine

Effortlessly sexy, rugged

Tall

Stubble

Tattoos (I find them sexy)

Rocker

And a great personality: someone who makes me laugh, who's caring, genuine, laidback, romantic, spontaneous and fun! Someone I have things in common with, and share similar interests with.

As for psychical appearance I dont think I have any specific type, there are several no no's though: I don't like short men as I am 173 cm tall. I don't like overweight men. Men with any kind of tattoos, piercings are out. Men who bite their nails are out. I prefer dark-haired to fair-haired men. I don't like that whole metal/rocker/ whatever style (emo/hipster god no!), but men who dress casually and know how to dress on formal occasions.

For me, some other qualities are vital. I don't like mentally weak men who cannot handle life and themselves. Strong man is a must for me if I am going to be in a relationship.I function perfectly on my own so I don't really settle for those things when it comes to relationships. I am strong myself, but if I am going to be in a relationship I want a man who can actually take care of me if I want him to, who can protect me if I want him to and who actually knows what life is and doesn't see the world through the goggles of a spoiled brat. I am a fighter and my man has to be a fighter too or he won't get respect from me. He can't be abusing alcohol (I don't mind rational drinking) or taking any drugs in any way recreational or whatever. Smoking is a no no too, but perhaps in some world I could tolerate it..I doubt it actually.

Simon fits this criterion. He is as tall as I am.He has brown hair. no tattoos. Doesn't bite his nails! No piercings. He is my pretty baby and I love his muscly arms and chest. He doesn't care about clothes which is one of the greatest differences between us as I worship clothes, but he dresses normally and actually has good taste and knows what is a formal and what's an informal situation. He is a strong person and when he makes a mistake he picks himself up and learns from it. For instance when we started talking, as soon as we said we liked each other he said he would give up smoking. And he did, it didn't take him weeks, months, nicotine patches and whatnot. He just said I am quitting smoking and he did. He hasn't taken any drugs ever since he met me, an doesn't intend to from what I see. He isn't abusing alcohol. Also, he knows how to tell me NO, to tell me I'm bossy, bitchy or irrational and be gentle the next moment.

I think these compliments might make him blush :worried_anim:

There you go....

i would start with bright red hair like pillow box red

bright wide eyes colour doesnt matter i just want to get lost in them

has to be curvey i love wide hips

not really fussed about tattoos n peircings

like a sense of humor but down to earth and really sweet

someone that i find beautiful even if not many other people do

if anyone meets this person kindly send her my way lol

Guys shorter then me

Quiet

Sensitive but not too feminine

Light brown hair but I also have a thing about redheads

Sort of a slight grunge,rock look,not to extreme(!)

Not too skinny,not too big

Mostly they have blue eyes

Protective

Devoted

Has his own life but loves to spend time with me

Not a clubbing type

No heavy drinker or drugtaker

Makes me laugh

Understands the female body

Trustworthy

A real buddy I can be myself with,loves me as I am

Treats me a little bit like a princess

Intelligent enough to talk to about things

Its a feel that usually involves a kind of look but he doesnt have to be good looking,there has to be something else,something thats hard to describe.

I find there is something really attractive and cute about shy women and also women who are in trouble. I think I quite enjoy being chivalric and saving them...that sounds a little weird I think...I hope I don't appear to be chauvinistic at all.

Archived