Mental Health Forums

What's Your Type?

bena.baby

Brad Pitt? Ew no thanks Lily. Give me a premier league footballer any day :P and not David Beckham double ew, not that he plays in the epl

Aaron Ramsey :wub:

• 1 month later...

my type :/ i dont really have a type and i dont go searching for men or check them out. I couldnt care less about what their body looks like. All my bfs have been different from each other. Id like someone i can feel comfortable with and that can make me happy thats all :)

My ideal man would be Morrissey! Yum. I love mature men. I also relate to what I know of his persona.

Women - i'm drawn to types that look like Marilyn Monroe, Pamela Anderson, or Anna Nicole Smith. However, sometimes I like girls that have short hair and look like boys.. (blue eyes)

Any physical characteristic or unusual dress sense that suggests an individual and interesting personality.

Wild hair, mad eye make-up, strange billowing trousers, Bright green shoes, that sort of thing.

I know it when I see it!

I would hate to think I typified people, but I guess sexual attraction isn't something we have a great deal of control over.......being weak, sexually led mammals,.............however, anything with four legs and hairy will do it for me!! :):)

• 2 weeks later...

if we are going strictly on looks (though obviously this goes out the window and I make exceptions for awesome people because I'm pretty ecclectic anyways so I like many different types etc) All need to be well groomed lol

women:

Femmes:

slim/slender or fit

petite or maybe has long legs

fishnets

tattoos and piercings are a bonus

dark or brightly coloured hair

(think suicide girls lol)

Butch:

fit ish or strong

any hair colour really

maybe a few piercings

tattoos ok but less important for some reason lol

short hair but styled nicely

button up shirts lol

maybe a nice pair of suspenders lol

a stylish hat wouldn't hurt on occasion lol

Men:

athletic or average

any hair colour

tall is preferable or at least taller than me cuz I'm pretty tall

tattoos and or piercings is a bonus

owning a nice suit is also a bonus lol

have an attraction but less so to trans men or women also but would need to see them to know if I was attracted can't really describe

mine sounds oddly specific but I'm not actually that picky hahaha

Not seen this thread before.

I like curvy women, feminine to a point, someone that cries with you, I fall in love with the personality but looks are important. Bugger I wish I had a girlfriend now!

P.s I like grumpy Scottish women too ;)

Hrm, good choice fedup!

Coxy high five.

I saw him last year at a thing. He was super sexy. It's his voice that does it for me.

I think these compliments might make him blush :worried_anim:

Why would I blush at the truth? :D

OK... My type... my type...

I'm going to write this from the perspective of the me before I met Nermina so we're talking the summer of 2011.

Physically, I don't have any type per se. Obviously, she would have to have a face I deem pretty enough to kiss although this is rather ambiguous as the human face can be one of the most beautiful things on this planet. Specific features are generally negligible although wide eyes and a genuine smile are favourable. Body wise, height isn't a real consideration and neither is body shape so long as it's healthy. Gun to my head though, I'd have to admit that I am an arse man.

Personality. First and foremost, my type has to have an honesty and innocence which is beyond any comprehensible doubt. My type has to be caring and considerate whenever applicable. Above all else though, my type has to have character. Not in the sense that she's made of granite, but in the sense that she has a sound perspective on what does and what doesn't truly matter in this fucked up world. She also has to be self sufficient and independent in terms of her own personal goals and ambitions in the sense that whilst she is receptive to support and encouragement, it isn't a pre-requisite to her achievements. Finally, superficiality is a massive no-no.

Intellectually. Not fantastically important as a lack of intelligence can be compensated by other personality aspects. Nevertheless, a grasp of subtleties and a propensity to form opinions based exclusively on fact and learned experience is preferred.

Social. As a comfortable introvert (in that I'm comfortable in the company of others and do have good friendships, I'm partial to my own company), it would make sense to be someone with similar characteristics. I would find it very difficult, actually, nigh on impossible if part of my relationship required me seeing people for the sake of seeing people. So long as her attitudes towards social circles wasn't forced for herself or onto me, I'm happy.

Hobbies. I have my hobbies, she can have hers. So long as one's able to respect the other person's hobbies and maybe give the other's a chance for the sake of curiosity and a knowledge of what makes another person tick without feeling obliged to force an interest then it's all good. Interestingly, music is a very personal thing which I prefer to enjoy alone. The idea of me sharing a song with a loved one kind of feels invasive but that's purely my own trait and not one I seek in others.

Politics. Can't really talk about them here so I won't but similar, or at the very least, neutral to mine are essential in the long run.

Compatibility. Understanding and open communication are essential. I don't want the other person to be afraid to be up front regardless of repercussions. I want disagreements to be settled - not always immediately because that's not how emotions work - but once the dust has settled, Burying things between individuals is always a recipe for disaster and frank, if sometimes uncomfortable, discussions inevitably lead to a better mutual understanding which in turn, fill in the potholes that arise later down the line when not dealt with efficiently. Being unafraid to challenge me is also important for the aforementioned reason and being able to patiently contend with my predisposition to spit my dummy out when challenged is desirable in a very obvious way.

Sexuality. Chaste but exciting. Impossible, no?

Well, I did actually think that these standards, forged by experience and my own character, were unattainable and most rational people would agree with this notion. When I set this unreasonable benchmark for any prospective partner, I has resigned myself to an extended period of singledom and was quite content to enter my 30s as a one man... man. But as fate/extraordinary-sequence-of-coincidences (delete according to one's philosophical bent) would have it, I met Nermina who has, without any overstatement on my part, either met or utterly gone beyond my whimsical, idealised call. I could explain exactly how but that would take up so much bandwidth that this forum would simply collapse in on itself.

In the wake of my recent split and since the Formula 1 is back on, I revise my earlier statement. My type is now this:

raikkonen.jpg

And anyone who does not answer to the name Kimi Raikkonen can keep walkin.

Men i prefer to be blond and well built and a bit taller than me i am 5ft 6, kind with good manners lol

Woman, any hair colour but tanned skin for some reason and curvy dont like skinny also personality matters alot.

I love long hair on a man, but I also love men that take care of their bodies... Not bodybuilders, but people who are somewhat toned.

Soulful eyes are a weakness as well.

Archived