Mental Health Forums

Which Step Have You Reached Today?

Pickle59

definitely 'how do I do it?' day for me

feeling really confused and lost lately like I don't know where to start - very introspective time for me

I did it!

My Uncle died 3 weeks ago, and his months-mind mass is on Saturday in the country, also on Sat is my written assessments for rerturning to Uni to study. I was so stressed - there is NO way i could go to Co. Kildare for 10.30am, do a 2 hour exam for anthropology, then another for English Lit at 2.30-4.30- then try and navigate cross country by bus 4 counties over.

But I didn't think a months-mind was a very good excuse. It was not something I could miss though, seeiong as things are going well with exteded family, I only stayed with my Uncle a few weeks before he died. Luckily I am talking to a guy who went thru the whole mature student thing & suggested I ring the college. Put it off for a week until it was screaming in my head & i couldn't even relax without my mind worrying. So yesterday I did it, and just got a call to say I'm getting my exam rescheduled in April. :)

I think I'm going to 'try to do it' today although I'm still not sure which it to start with......i think I will just try to leave the house today cuz I'm in my week of not being able to afford meds so is hard to get out of bed or function but being cooped up is negatively affecting my mh so I need to try to go outside and risk the embarassment of my body shutting down in public at least for a small while and leave my cave lol

today I failed horribly. I have been having memory loss issues and I completely forgot about my allergist appointment today. Now they will probably charge me a fee that I cannot afford which is only going to worsen my financial situation and ensure that I will probably not be able to afford to effectively treat my pain next month

*sad panda* ....I feel like such an idiot

I like literally have to write things on my hand to remember and even then sometimes I forget

(((ArtMatters :(:hug2: ))) My memory is sheit! Is there any way they might waive the fee or reduce it so you don't have to worry where you will find extra pennies for pain next month? I'm really sorry.xx

thanks pickle (lol it makes me smile when I call you that cuz that's what I call my best friend sometimes- we call eachother petnames that start with p.. like peanut, panda, pickle)

I don't know yet what they will charge me I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not too much cuz apparently it differs for different offices

I'm just gonna try to stay optimistic that my finances start working out...that my odsp appeal goes through etc

as is I already have to go at least a week without meds (which is this week) which leads to alot of pain and insomnia.....so I'm hoping to get out of this pattern soon cuz it's really exhausting me mentally and physically I feel really drained

ok *sigh of relief* they aren't going to charge me.. I rebooked my apartment for April.. that's one less thing to worry about

I am having a I'll try to do it morning

*Thank you for your acknowledgement Pickle. Pickle PM'd me asking if I would help out with this thread by adding an extra step and then being so patient about my busy week to get it done. :)

can we add a "i don't want to do it" step... I think I have to go to btown today to please my parents in order to avoid thier wrath at a later date...but I don't wanna do ittttttt...(just a bit longer of this and I will be free from them just got to push through) ..at least I will get to see my grampie who is the best ever. He's English like alot of you and very awesome. He also did one of the cutest things I've ever heard..when my grandma passed away he went out and planted all her favourite flowers in the garden <3

... I had a 'yes I did it day' but i don't feel happy about it.

Not happy at all.

Is this what being an adult feels like?

can we add a "i don't want to do it" step... I think I have to go to btown today to please my parents in order to avoid thier wrath at a later date...but I don't wanna do ittttttt...(just a bit longer of this and I will be free from them just got to push through) ..at least I will get to see my grampie who is the best ever. He's English like alot of you and very awesome. He also did one of the cutest things I've ever heard..when my grandma passed away he went out and planted all her favourite flowers in the garden <3

Sadly I am too swamped to figure out where that step would lie, since in my brain I could put it between every single step, lol. I'll let Pickle decide since it is her thread and I was just trying to helpful.

Today I am having a:

I want to do it day.

Archived