Mental Health Forums

"feelin' Fine.."

Tiggsy

Feelin' fine for now that is.

But compared to the other night I'm pretty good. So. First, I'm really sorry about the drunken post I did, especially the bit about asking people to list "safe" places to cut... It was wrong of me to write something like that :( I'm really very sorry.

Second... I dont get my head. Does anyone else getting this? Like... feeling sooo low and wanting to hurt, and then like, less than 3 days later bouncing off the walls?! (Well, almost :P)

I dont get how fast i feel ok again. But Im hoping it will last again. Last time I went 9 days without cutting. I've drawn on my butterfly. I'm aiming for at least 10. (10 is my lucky number :) )

That sounds very positive!

I've never self-harmed as such, but when I was younger I used to take OD's, or slash my wrists whilst in a very panicked state. Later on, when I went through a period where I was misusing drugs, I used to push my consumption more and more- excessive risk-taking I suppose you'd call it.

Its been very similar for me the last couple of days. I feel like over the weekend I hit the bottom.....and bounced! Only a little, but I took some positive action on Sunday, and now I feel a bit hyper and pleased with myself. Got an appt for extra support on Tuesday- will be difficult going, but I feel like I've got some control back.

A particular member here (they know who they are!) has been a huge support as well. Very glad I joined.

I'm guessing 10 days is a result for you? Well done! I'd imagine its perfectly appropriate for you to feel good about that. Don't knock it! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Take care! :)

Archived