Mental Health Forums

Roses Update

Roses

Hello everyone, been a couple of months again so here's an update. I'm now completely off all my medication including the meds for my bone density and my senokot which has been a constant obsession since I was a mid teen (am now 37). I am also not drinking any alcohol at all, ever. I do not take any vitamins and I'm eating really well and feel healthy, my weight is maintaining itself within half a stone so I can eat what I want really. I've never been better and I'm sleeping really well with little or no nightmares. I am now comfortable with my body and feel at peace. I have no nightmares or hang ups and am integrating in this world very well. Mike has a job with IAT (international aid trust) and is full-time with a wage which is a blessing. I am back on full child duty and school runs/logistics/cooking/cleaning etc... and all is well. I have been discharged from therapy and discharged from psychiatrist and all is well. I have mended all the bridges I can and have a good relationship with my parents and family who were once such a source of constant pain. My parents have separated now and Dad is living with his girlfriend but it doesn't bother me at all. Kids are great and doing well and we have a strong support network or family at church.

LIFE IS AMAZING! Thank you God x

im happy for you roses......reading your update gave me a warm feeling inside..... thank you for keeping us up to date on your progress.... xox

thank you for coming back and telling us roses hun. often people up and leave when they feel good and we dont get to see what its like on the other side. you show us recovery is possible.

so glad your happy. keep going hun, your doing so well xxx

Thanks guys, Jeckle, jelly, pandorica and esme. I love coming back here. This place helped me so much in the past and it still helps me now because, as you say, it's nice to see the other side too and I'm so blessed to be able to share my recovery with you and I hope it encourages you and demonstrates that it is possible to be 100% recovered and maintain that recovery. I hope that you are all doing well also and pray all the best in your lives. Last year and beginning of this was really tough coming off all those drugs and I felt like a bloomin' addict in detox many a time and I wondered if I could make it through in one piece and wanted to give up toward the end but my faith saw me through as I knew that I had to do this and the time was now. Even though my doctors and family were confused and, to be honest, against it at first they came round and everyone can see the change in not only my life but in Mike's, the kids and all areas of all of our lives. Mike is now off his anti-depressant and the kids have come along a treat. I'm so happy and I pray this liberty from pain for everyone here. Don't worry bout talking all over this thread please chip in and tell me your news or pm me as I'll be checking now and then over the next few weeks.

During this journey I have been given so many opportunities to build bridges through repentance and action and I feel led to apologise to anyone I caused upset to in my years on this site and I pray that I did not affect anyone too negatively and if I did I pray that you forgive me. Please pm me if you want to talk about any issues as I know I wasn't always the tamest pussy cat at the party.

Still loving my music, still loving playing piano and painting/being creative and having fun. Not so much hard death type rock and angry teen angst stuff anymore (although any piece of music that is played skillfully and written well I will always appreciate) perhaps a bit more laid back stuff. Getting back into my blues and jazz and watching a lot of 30/40/50's musicals and the such. Loving classical more and more and particularly liking gospel but I guess I'll always be a rock chick at heart. Enjoyed watching "Runaways" film about the story of Joan Jett's early years in music and watching Nashville which I'm enjoying whilst also watching Heroes again from season one with clare bear who is also in Nashville. It's lovely to have my mind back and actually be able to comprehend the word and life in general again.

Thanks for the really positive, uplifting update :).

I have also recovered from my mental health problems, I still have issues but they are under control now.

Is there anything in particular you put your recovery down to, Roses? Therapy? Medication? Life experience? Support of friends or hubby?

Data, my recovery is down to God. I am blessed with a supportive husband and good friends but this didn't make the difference. I had faith enough to know that this is what was wanted of me and so I came off all my meds on a seemingly "crazy" whim. The whim involved 14 months of periodic reduction and detox which you actually get quite accustomed to in the end but I knew this is what I was being asked to do and my faith saw me through. Faith that it would all be OK on the other side - AND IT IS GREAT! Turns out by the time I got the therapy I didn't need it. I had three sessions and then got signed off. I am also signed off from psychiatrist too. I'm so happy that you are recovered and remaining stable and. I am urging people to pm me to discuss particulars as I don't want to end up breaking any rules.

Hey Silver, how's things? Thanks for posting on here.

DaisyDuck so good to see you. Hows' the kids?

Hello GrowlyCat I'm glad that this has given you hope, how's you?

Saharah good to see you! Yes, please post some encouragement for others (as well as me as I'd love to hear how you are).

aw my bestest roses, i do miss u ! we were always sisters even tho we could have been better to eachother (pretty much all on my end..sorry!) i'm over the moon about u! i couldn't be more happy! u r not the person i met years n years ago, that i got up early before sun rise in america just to talk to u again n how much i loved our friendship n at points it's what got me out of bed each day, you were my blessing! i thank u for that n feel sad i at points let u down, hope u can forgive me. :( but i could never wish better for a more loving , caring , deserving friend than what u have accomplished n it's a blessing in itself! i've been doing better , much better in my own home now full on mum n couldn't b happier in that. some things still to struggle with mostly things out of my control with family members and my dads health but all in all quite well ...tho u blow the roof off of well lol! ur exceptional!!!! n i'm so happy this has happened to u! :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlove u to the moon n back n always u rock! :sm.jpg: hope u'll make ur way to london soon...i'd love to give u a hug in person! it's been a very very long road with us n i'm having tears of joy for u xxxxxxxxxtake care lovely xxxxxxx

Hello sis! I'm so happy to hear your good news, it's encouraging. I do hope you are sharing it with everyone as it's amazing! Living in your own home, full-time Mum - you rock too :sm.jpg: you never gave up and that is something that I always liked about you. The fact that you got up in the night to speak to me and the fact that you travelled across the world to find happiness. Keep going, you are doing amazingly. Please post again and tell me all about your home, how your little girl is doing now and how you are doing - got anyone special? Are services being nice to you? How's Mark? At the end of the day we both let each other down in different ways and at different times - you are not to blame. I wasn't always the best person and I want you to know there is nothing to forgive between you and I and I pray you forgive me for my part as well. So how is your Dad? If I ever make it down I will look you up. I was down recently but only for a week and to spend time exclusively with my parents in their separate homes and to get to know Dad's girlfriend so didn't see any of my friends that time but hopefully we will meet at some point. I believe that letting go and making peace with the past is a big step towards recovery. I pray everyone well and recovered! Please keep talking to me, pm me if you like Jades xxx

aww babes ...i'm touched! i'm so happy for u and so happy we r sis's once more! i do miss u but i'm sooo damn happy u don't need us much anymore! dad's still stuggling n not able to do much chemo cuz reactions but he never gives up even tho he looks like a prisoner in an internment camp :( but mom works her self ragged to get him to eat, don't think she ever cooked so much all the time as she has had to. i have a one bedroom flat with marley , have her thurs -sunday. i'm in my second year lease (private) n while it's not the biggest it is a great start n with all the toys u have to get creative about floor room lol! i would love to tell u how marc is but i know he does not want me to speak of him , so yeah not going to. i think the highest compliment is that u think i'm doing amazing ! my lil girl is beautiful, too funny and so clever and loving and i couldn't be more happy...just brings everyone pure joy! when we walk down the street she even greats every person passing! just really my blessing in life despite the struggles, couldn't feel more blessed! please do come visit any time! i'm glad really that there is nothing but love between us n as u said...no forgiveness needed , we were n did as we did ...just glad we're both in better places :) happy journeys to u my sis n btw if u want my phone number etc, u can always look for me here! big huge hugs 2 u n ur entire family! i'm soooo damn proud of u lovely, always n forever...to the moon and back xxxxxxxxx

To the moon and back babe, I'm so happy to hear you are doing well also. I would love to see some pics, perhaps in pm? Of you and your home and your precious Marley. I could send you some of us too. Aran is now 5ft 7 and a 35" chest - gonna be broad and tall like his Daddy. Alora is 4ft 8 already and taking a size 4 shoe (Aran is a 10 LOL) and I am still keeping the weight off being a 10/12 top and a 12/14 bum again is so nice. I've put a bit on over xmas but nothing major just cos I've been lazy and had pneumonia again last month/this month so that kind of knocks it out of you. You are wise to be private about Marc for his sake but please say hi and send my best to him when you see him. I would love it if he pm'd me? But that is all I'll say on the subject. you are right you have to start somewhere. When I had Aran I was living with my parents, then with Mike's parents and then in a flat with my boys, in a council B&B (one room with Aran when just him and me) then in a two up two down miners cottage with downstairs bathroom (nightmare with baby) before finally coming over to NW renting for a few months before finally getting a 3 bed of our own. Phew.... I'm never moving again and that's just he moving I've done since 200 never mind the places I owned and rented before that. I think I need to sit down now LOL! But I think you are great and have done so well. My Dad's girlfriend has bipolar and went through similar - living in her car, kids at her parents and not knowing what was going on from one year to the next before she finally got stable. It can be scary but as long as we have each other we can get along and for me it's as long as I have Jesus xxx

aww babes i couldn't b more chuffed! :) i'll have to figure out some techy things to give u a pic but i will figure it out! u on facebook? it couldn't be a better time to hear from u , made me really happy! :) i'll give u more of a fill in on pm i thinks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived