Mental Health Forums

Confussed?

jaynpoppy

its hard enough for me to accept i have ocd an im powerless over my thoughts ect but i saw my psychatrist ages ago now an he put a seed of doubt in my mind coz he said it wasnt ocd but rumminations an just obsessesions or something, confussing or what??? i guess im seeking reasurance coz if it dosnt have a name/label ect to what im going through then i blame myself. at the end of the day i know what i go through regardless of labels ect an i know i cant force these thoughts to go away an they keep happening obsessions ect that i cant control

(((jaynpoppy))) I can understand the distress of thinking you have one thing and then being told something different, but the symptoms and outcomes are distressingly the same aren't they, whichever label is put on it, so please don't be hard on yourself or blame yourself.xx

OCD or not,it is not your fault,it is your brain sort of getting stuck on things.Like a stuck record. With a stuck record its a mechanical issue,you could sort of say the same about your obsessions,some peoples brains are sensitive to getting stuck in ruminations.

You can learn though to deal with it in such a way that its less hard on you, do you have help with that?Like therapy?

Sometimes meds are an option too.

• 3 weeks later...

ive had therapy on an off for the last 13 years but nothing just about the obsessions/ruminations im also on meds but im not really sure that they do anything really, my cpn said shes putting me forward for something else now but im not sure whats its gona be cbt or whatever they think is best anyway thanks for your post its come at the perfect time xx

Archived