Mental Health Forums

I Guess I'll Put This Here..not That I'm Really Having A Good Day Though Lol

ArtMatters

OKay so lately I've been exploring many different perspective on life just to test the waters and decide for myself where I fit with things. I joined this other website forum dedicated to postiive thinking kind of like 'the secret'.....i'm not really sure if I believe in it to be honest......and I don't really like when people say things like 'if you believe in yourself and love yourself' you can like cure cancer etc...cuz I kind of think that's a load of crap to be honest and it just further kind of invalidates the struggle I have with my physical illness and the hard work I do put into it becaue I keep feeling like people think I should 'cure' myself when there is no cure of Fibro and it is one of the oldest illnesses actually been around for a long time. I do think it is important to try to think positive and work on gratitude...but I can't see it as being that simple or that thoughts can cure illnesses.. am I alone in this thinking?

hey can you tell me the name of the forum i would like to check it out. i do belive positive thinking can help with some things im not sure about physical illness i guess it could make you feel better about it. im trying positive thinking but am having trouble with it i could do with some help i so want to feel good about myself

ya positive thinking can help but it can't cure something as serious as fibro so I felt invalidated when she said that.. I feel like people need to be more careful in knowing the difference between treatment and cure... like all those stupid fb posts that say broccoli can cure cancer and shit lol

yeah I can give you the forum thing though...be careful about what you believe there though you have to take some and leave some..the new agey people can be misleading from the other end of things at times

http://www.powerfulintentions.org/

yea the fb posts can be bullshit lol im not an easy beliver if it works i may belive but i want to try it im really willing and i work really hard on getting well sometimes it feels as tho im going nowhere thanks

I don't believe every illness can be cured, either. However, I think it is possible to live in a different, happier reality, regardless of whether or not one is ill. I came across information from a site called Releasing Your Unlimited Creativity, that also addresses creating health, that I found inspiring. It relates to using one's willpower to create some desired outcome. I have some serious physical health problems, too -- specifically Tardive Dyskinesia, which I developed in response to having taken numerous and strong doses of anti-psychotics several years beforehand.

I agree Deepa...I mean I obviously joined that site in the first place cuz I'm working on thinking more positively etc.... I just feel hurt when people seem to insinuate I should be able to cure myself because it's not realistic and I have been working really hard at managing this illness and done most of the work myself

I'm sorry you also have health issues... I hope you've been doing well lately and everything

Archived