Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine Nasty Side Effects

AmyP

took first one last night and have spent the day in a drugged sleep having horrible dreams. everytime tried to pull myself out of the sleep it dragged me back in. head hurts and feel like ive been hit by a bus, everything aches.

are these side effects normal an will they wear off quickly?

seriously thinking there is no fucking way im taking another one of those poisonous things.

Sorry your not feeling so good hunni :(

Yes I had similar side affects when I started on Quetiapine that lasted a few weeks

Stick to it it gets better

xxxxxx

I take 200mg a day and don't have symptoms from them but cant remember what it was like at the beginning, been on them for a long time. I do however find the positives outweigh the negatives

Really consider taking them and sticking with it, its worth it in the long run

Likewise. I certainly felt like a bit of a zombie when I first started on it but your body does adapt and these side effects do wear off.

I agree with DasiyChain - for me the temporary side effects were worth the benefits in the end and I'd say try and stick with it if you can, just to give it a chance and see if it can work for you too.

They zonked me out when i first started taking them. Took me 3 months with days gradually getting better to get used to them. But i was on quite a high starting dose and everybody is different.

I personally feel that Quetiapine along with Citalopram has kept me the most stable over the last 3 years.

That to me is worth some side effects at the start.

Aurora :)

pan. yes me too same side effects but yes it does wear off and i worked full time on 150mgs a day. anyway i know its hard, but look at the good company you are in xxx

thank you all for helpful replies. will think about it and decide if side effects are worth what they might do xx

• 1 month later...

My psych put me on quetiapine SLOW RELEASE. Fuckin brilliant! I tried them before but just regular and could barely function. I think if you can get onto slow release ones it will be so much manageable. Good luck Pan. X

I hate these tablets. I reluctant to take it the day before volunteering because of the dizzy side affects. I had bene put them back on because i moved and they had the funding to prescribe me but they make me dizzy and can lost from 11pm - 3pm i hate those affects but it will wear off

Pandypoo!

Did you stick with the quet?

Sorry its been such an arse for you :(

What was your starting dose? They put me on 50mg at first and that knocked me completely out.

I remember the pdoc saying to me "just make sure that for the first few weeks, to get ready for and INTO bed before taking them. Seriously."

Well, me being me, i ignored her advice, took meds sat on the sofa having just made a cuppa and sorting some cereal. I was living at my nanas at the time. 20 mins later, i said goodnight, and headed up the stairs.

I made it to the loo okay thankfully!!, but then next thing i know, i'm laid face down on my bed, jeans gathered around my ankles, & its 18 hours later!!!

I felt so hungover.... A few members here talking about seroquel hangovers, hun.... But they DO fade. The first 3 days were really tough - headache, groggy, pins and needles/tingling, & all i was capable of doing was sleeping.

But after that, omg, the difference quetiapine made for me was amazing!!!

The dose was gradually built up and it was never anywhere near as bad as the first few days. I just went to sleep easier and was a little groggy and headachey for a few hours after getting up, but it was more than manageable.

I stopped taking all meds when i found out i was pregnant, & am surprised with how well i've managed on the whole (am 21 weeks 2 days now!!) but plan to start on quetiapine again once my little boy is here.

Xxx

Archived