Mental Health Forums

Therapy At The Moment

pepsimeg

Its hitme again in therapy

its almost like a punch in the guts

shes always telling me how sad and unpleasant my childhood was and its like up until that point i had no idea its like shes trying....well i dunno...why do they do that ? Make the reality really hurt....i cant stop thoughts and feelings from that time now. Is that the point of therapy to make u feel shit....no wonder ive always hated therapy....sometimes i think therapists take delight it reminding u. Whats the ffing point.

I hate feelings and i wish she would stop trying to make me feel them. No wonder ive always bocked them.

I want to walk away

walk away from my life

i hate all the shit that i feel

she says if i keep talking that pain will lessen....

WHAT....its been 20 plus yrs with diff therapists and still it feels the same when does it get better. Maybe never and its just a ploy from therapists to keep them in a job....after all im paying her right.

I just feel more depreessed about everything

Thought i was feeling better but now im now sure

Emo, My therapist does this and it pisses me off at times but then I was told they do it because they like us to re-visit our childhoods in order for us to start healing, Sometimes I feel worse after seeing my therapist.

x

Thanks bubbles

yeah i definately feel worse and wonder why i put myself thru it

i never feel any healing at all.

my therapist used to say similar things to me but I took it that I felt validated, that she was telling me its OK to feel crap because of AB and C etc, I deserved to mourn what had never been or whatever.

Maybe it is her way of saying I empathise with you, as a child, and now, and allowing you to feel sad about what happened, and letting you know it isn't your fault.

With love x

((((EmoGirl)))) I know exactly what you mean! and its bloody painful isn't it, revisiting what we don't want to revisit cos it's too agonising, but I'm coming to understand I think, the purpose of revisiting in therapy is to try and stop blocking it out and actually try and look, and learn to re-deal and re-process the horrids, which we never did at the time, and the first, second, third and fourth ad infinitum times, that we re-visit, we experience and feel the same way we did at the time of the happenings, cos we didn't deal with the horrids or process them at the time, because we were unable to, so they will continue to haunt us and have a huge effect on our lives until we can learn to look at things hard in the face,re-process, accept the horrids, so they don't have the negative power over us any more, rather than run away or block.............What you think? So revisiting, reprocessing, however painful is part of the healing, even though it doesn't feel like it :worried_anim: ............Sorry for wittering.xxx

Archived