Mental Health Forums

Terrified.

mr potato

I have just been told I have been selected for an interview. It is for a retail position in my local town.

For some reason, I feel terrified.

I was looking for retail positions, but then settled back into thinking I would go back to software.

I am so confused.

I feel a lot better now. I replied to their email, and I am going for the interview on Friday. I will have a better idea afterwards. It will be great to have an income again, and it could be fun.

The interview was pretty good, She showed me around the shop, told me what my duties would be. I am a bit cagey, need to wait a couple of weeks for the outcome.

I think it's normal to be anxious toward the outcome. Maybe feeling paranoid is your way of expressing your worries. Try to soothe, I'm sure it will go well. You have nothing to loose, right? ;-)

yes threemoons, in this part of my life, it is all going well.

I am trying not to think about it, in case of disappointment.

If I fall, I will just get up again.

It was a no. Seemingly they have had candidates of high qualities which is why I was not selected.

Obviously a sociapathic boss in hindsight.

Ah, sorry for you, Mr Potato. I find it always frustrating when a job is refused. Hope your next try will be a yes. Hugs.

sorry to hear that, its a shame but dont let it get you down, it just means theres something better out there for you xx

yes it will :-)

just remember its not just you, everyone gets rejections from jobs, absolutely everyone.

try and stay positive xx

A nice local job will suit me.

I want to save up to buy a jeep.

Also want to some money away, so I can go traveling, with jeep.

Plus I want to buy some other stuff too. I figure, if I work for 1-2 years, this should work out.

(((Mr Potato))).xxx I'm sorry to hear this news, but what is great, is that you have a goal, and another position/job will present itself, and you will be just the person they want and need, so that you can jeep travel away.xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

((((Mr potato))))..........Have you seen any jobs locally in the last days that would interest you? I admire you for going for the last job.xxx Have you got any other interviews lined up?...........Maybe, when you feel up to it you could apply for a whole load of jobs you might be interested in..............sometimes just having the one adds a whole load of pressure and expectations, and when it doesn't happen, there's nothing else to strive for or look forward to................I know all this is easier said than done, but it's just a thought to help you get out of the hole :bigarmhug[1]:

Archived