Mental Health Forums

Coping ?

morethanme

Therapy was really really hard today, the pain i feel is very immense but somehow im holding it together and ive just realised i havent turned to drink yet.

But i have had a bath and sobbed and sobbed alone and yes it was hard and i dont feel better for cryung like my therapist keepps asking....she keeps asking me if i feel better for releasing my emotions but i dont but i have niticed today for the first time i have coped better with those feelings so surely thats got to be a good sign right ?

Hi morethanme

Well done for not turning to drink.

Baths and crying are safe ways of dealing with emotions. Therapy can be incredibly painful but it does get better I promise.

Have you tried keeping a diary? Writing is also a safe way of getting those emotions out.

Hope therapy gets easier for you soon

starry x

thanks starry yeah i think i did well.

I did try writing a while ago (i typed up page after page ) but when i took it to therapy she didnt want me to read it like i worte it cos she said it would be like reading out of a book and i would not actually be connecting with those emotions.

So now i just jot down bits just enough to remind me then talk about it in therapy.

thank you for your support

mtm

Archived