Mental Health Forums

A Really Good Day Ahead

artemis84

I haven’t posted properly on here for a while. Things have been really hectic lately and I’ve been trying to cling on through it all as best I can.

However, tomorrow marks a huge milestone in my life and I wanted to celebrate it as I feel it shows a real step towards my ongoing recovery.

I AM GETTING A PUPPY!!!!

I have wanted a dog since the age where I was able to want anything, it really is a life-long dream. A couple of years ago I took on a lovely rescue dog who I looked after for several months and he made me so happy. Sadly though our partnership didn’t last long. Anyway, since then I have been working so hard towards getting my life in order enough for me to get a puppy and tomorrow is the day.

I have decided to name her Maisie and I am so excited about bringing her home!

I know it is a huge responsibility and part of me is terribly anxious about whether I’ll be a good enough mum even on my bad days but I am so desperate to get it right.

By no means is my life sorted nor my emotions managed for evermore, just this week I have been through extremes of feelings from everyday life, but I feel the fact that I am holding down a stable job and functioning adequately in ‘normal’ life to provide the financial security needed to have a dog, as well as keeping well enough to care for something else, let alone myself marks the start of a new period for me. I hope so anyway…

:D

Oh I am so happy for you! Masie is totally gorgeous and will bring so much happiness to you. It is natural you will be concerned as it is a huge responsibility but your love will see you through. I would be lost without my animals. They do not judge us and accept us for who we are. Congratulations.

Awww thsts lovely news im sure u will b a goodmum to maisie

the fact that u care so much already shows u.willbe.

She looks so lovely. Would like to see more pics when u can.

Thanks

and good luck xx

Yeah, welcome to Maisie! I'm sure you'll be good to her, I feel you already care so much. Would love to see more photos and be kept updated about her.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update with a couple of pictures...

(They are both of her sleeping but she does get up too, honest!)

Maisie is doing really well - I am so proud of her! She is now allowed out and about as her jabs have taken effect and is loving exploring the neighbourhood on her lead. Looking after her is a round the clock job but the fact that she seems happy and is growing well makes me feel like I must be doing something right.

Hope you like the photos and that they can bring a smile to people's faces if you're having a tough time. She is helping me navigate a difficult phase at the moment so I thought I'd share in case she can help others too!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

Maisie is CUTE!

Not so long ago I made a promise to my best friend that I would never ever leave her as she's been the one thing that has kept me going through all the dark days over the past year. Now, you may think I'm batty, but that promise was made to my cat.

Nothing like a tiny ball of cuteness curled up in your lap to dry the tears and lift the spirits.

And with a dog, you can play and go for walks and get out of the house and out of your own head.

I think this is a brilliant step for you, and really hope you enjoy having love and company, as I do.

Dolly xx

Thanks Dolly :)

I don't think you're crazy at all. Having someone else to care for (even if that someone is an animal) is already making a difference to me and the way I act on my thoughts. I can't just abandon a puppy even though I feel abandoned and helpless myself so much of the time. She needs me to get up in the morning and she needs me around long term.

She is a fab puppy though and I feel like we're going to become the best of friends. Even now I can't imagine life without her and I've only had her for 4 weeks!

Give your cat a cuddle from me too :) xx

Archived