Mental Health Forums

Not Worked Out :(

Vasquez

So the dog that we are trialling to foster hasnt worked out.

Through absolutley no fault of his own, he is a pure star tbh. but he is just too interested in all my guinea pigs. and i have to put my piggies saftey first. he is fine with the cat but way too intereted in the pigs.

Its a real shame cuz i love him to bits.

Hopefully we will find another dog similar too him who is more relaxed around smaller critters

Aw, poor guinea pig! I wish him to get better very soon. And I think you'll find another lovely dog if you try again.

Hugs to the little animals.

Do u think hes in shock....just wondered if the dog worried him

hope he will be ok.

Sorry about your pets, i have 3 cats that get on well with rams LOL.

s

Do u think hes in shock....just wondered if the dog worried him

hope he will be ok.

He was showing symptoms before the dog trial.

He has just gotten worse, so i took him to the vet and apparently he has a URI so hes now on anti-inflamatories and anti biotics.

Me and the partner are taking it in turns to watch him tonight.

Hes my special lil boy <3

• 2 weeks later...

aww it is awful when foster placements dont work out :( I've been there myself.

with dogs, i need reasonable reassurance that they are either cat-tested and okay, or easily manageable so i can introduce them to my cats gradually, and then i can cat-test them that way. Unfortunately it doesn't always go to plan :(

These two are VERY excitable about the kittehs, so am keeping them separate. It looks to be a very short term foster for them though, as, although they are staffies (and anyone with knowledge of rescues knows how many staffies end up in rescues/kennels/pounds etc :( ) there has been a fair amount of interest in them as they are beautiful and lovely temperaments, plus a really heart-tugging backstory.

But, they are safe and loved here with me now, and are getting what they need. There will be, without doubt, a doggie that you can provide that for too.

I hope your gigglepiggy is okay - lovely little furballs they are, really feel for you as all our furkids are so dear to us, i know. xxx

Archived