Mental Health Forums

Cpn Lied

Bubbles..

Went to see my Pdoc this morning,I was surprised to see my CPN sitting there, He was asking how my therapy is going and I told him that I find it hard but my therapist is nice, My CPN then says this therapy will last for 2 years so she basically lied to me, She is the one who referred me to this therapist in the first place and she told me it was here for as long as I need, Anyway my Pdoc then said meds are not working and that therapy is the way forward and when I finish this therapy I can try other therapies, Why can't I stick with the one therapist? Pdoc says he is going to have a chat with my T and see what she thinks as they work in the same building.

(((((Bubbles))))

Try not to stress too much hun. I'm afraid that red-tape & protocol are tangling up the whole system & bringing stress to people who really don't need it. I hope things will be cleared up soon. xxx

Its a horrible feeling when someone has lied to you. My social worker was always saying one thing one week and then something completely different the following week. It doesn't exactly make you feel more secure.

It is possible your cpn didn't lie, or not from her pov. Maybe she didn't have the correct information. Or maybe she believed you wouldn't need longer than 2 years. Then there are lots of people who say 'indefinately' when actually they don't mean that at all but they don't seem to see it as a lie.

But I can totally see why you aren't happy. I wouldn't be either. People with mh problems feel so much fear and uncertainty already I think the profesionals need to be more careful in what they say. If they are giving info they should say what they mean. If they make a mistake they should admit that. If they aren't sure they should say so.

I wiish we had two yrs on the nhs ive had to pay for longer term treatment privatelyt. We were only allowed 26wks but 2hr sessions. Sorry i didnt mean to sound rude but 2yrs is a pretty good time span for nhs. Maybe after 2yrs they may be able to offer you more.

Good luck

You don't sound rude morethanme, I haven't been in therapy before so I have no idea how all this works.

My Pdoc and CPN said today about trying DBT next.

Don't know why my CPN said this therapy will last as long as I need it when clearly it doesn't.

((((Bubbles)))).........I can understand why you would be upset about this and I'm sorry to hear that your length of therapy with the same therapist is now, not open ended.xxx I really hope you CPN didn't deliberately lie...........maybe in truth, he didn't really know how long it would be, but truly thought it would be as long as you need............There are so many changes going on in the NHS now, and you know my situation too................I think this is what my therapist was trying to say to me...........that therapy on the NHS is not open ended, and to stay with the same therapist, the only option (in my area any way) would be to go private...........or stay with NHS but expect chopping and changing.xxx I am sorry though, that you have been mislead, and really hope you are OK and can make the most of the time that you do and will have with this therapist.xxx Sending you a :bigarmhug[1]: .xxx

Archived